• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

You last "Kill"

Drew

Explorer
Ogre monk.

He was guarding a mysterious box that we had been hired to "retrieve" from a docked airship in Sharn. My Ranger 2 / Rogue 2 creeped in and missed a sneak attack with a throwing axe. The ogre beat the party fairly soundly for a number of rounds before we were able to flank him and take him down.

pious.nerd

First Post
Quick Thinking and a bit 'O Luck

Well, this is my first pots in the EN World and I think it a good one.

My DM currently has us is a tower, inhabited by a Liche. We were sent there by a demigod of nature, whose lands are being destroyed by the evil presence. The tower is full of Drow NPC and ouur group is of 4 PCs. A Drow Ranger (bow), A Human Psion, A Half-Orc Cleric (mine) and my Gnome Ranger (2 wpn).
We were sneaking through a corridor and passed the jail hallway(that we were previously imprisoned in) when two Drow guards round the corner.
All of us bolt down to the jail cells and hide in them, ccareful not to close the doors. That would have been great and they would have passed right by us on their way to the barracks, but the Psion tried to change hiding spots and was seen.
One Drow charged down while the other let loose a bolt from a light crossbow. My two PCs and the drow ranger stayed put, hoping to draw in the second guard, as my ranger was int he first cell and had his ring of chameleon powerr active. What was supposed to happen was that he wold end up cutting off their retreat until we could finish them, but my cleric is pissed at this point and swung on the first guard as he passed (AoA).
The second guard tried to flee, my gnome got in a couple of good slashes and h e bolted towards the barracks for reinforcements.
The first drow retreated as well to the barracks and my ranger ended up tackling him from behind and sticking him a couple of times. Unfortunately, the reinforcements had rounded the corner (7 more Drow guards, all ouur level or higher). Now my ranger has the feat "haunted" where his grandfather travels with him and helps with certain clues and the like, along with bonuses for spot, search, listen. My gnome asked him if there were any weak spots in the ceiling, my DM rolled percentiles and I found out that there was a weak spot directly above the guards.
My ranger scrambled fro the guard that he was pinning, reached for a flask of stonebreaker acid and launched it at the ceiling. All of the Drow missed their reflex save and only one made their fort save. The rest died instantly from a collapsed ceiling, the tough one died the next round. The remaining guard, the round after that.
We went up from just into 6 to 7th level with 8100exp each and a bonus for my ranger.

MonsterMash

First Post
Evil high priestess and followers
Final melee of the session was
Party
Clr 3, Wiz 2, Rog 2, Ftr 2, Sor 3 (npc) Exp 2 (npc)

Enemies
Clr 5, 2 Clr 2, 1 Ftr 2, 7 War 1

Due to some incredible die rolling we managed to win, but it felt closer than just about any other combat we've had.

Frostmarrow

First Post
An NPC comrade. I'd left him for dead with my old group. He now came back and demanded a share of the loot. In lieu of telling my friends about this my old acquaintance I lured him out of town on to the plains. There I executed him Las Vegas-style with my crossbow. The box he'd just unearthed became his final resting place.

Drew

Explorer
Frostmarrow said:
An NPC comrade. I'd left him for dead with my old group. He now came back and demanded a share of the loot. In lieu of telling my friends about this my old acquaintance I lured him out of town on to the plains. There I executed him Las Vegas-style with my crossbow. The box he'd just unearthed became his final resting place.

Yeah, I play a paladin too.

atom crash

First Post
My group killed a werewolf type creature on an alien world we escaped to in a d20 Modern campaign.

The game started with our characters being abducted by cultists during a bank heist. The police were behind the cult, and when we escaped from a massacre at the cult HQ (wierd alien showed up and killed them all), the police blamed the bank heist (and other crimes, including the murders of all our family and friends) on us.

We've been on the run since, running into crooked cops everywhere we go.

We finally decided to take a mysterious portal we've encountered several times and found ourselves on an alien world with purple-colored grey-type aliens we can't communicate with, an atmosphere we can't breath but a finite supply of air canisters, and no food or water. We followed some of the purples to a base with another portal that we can't operate to get back to earth. The werewolf attacked the complex and we fought it with alien ray guns. I landed the killing blow, but not before it rended one of us (my GF's character) to hamburger meat.

In keeping with this campaign, the werewolf had no treasure. There may be more monsters around. We're running out of air. And we're picking up psychological disorders like it's a buy one get one free sale. Maybe we'll die of starvation and dehydration first.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads