you . . you just have to see this.

Kenpo Wolf

First Post
Quote by Sialia
As a background, I've been surfing the web in search of pictures of women posed as warriors. I've found plenty, ranging from the dreadfully silly to the completely obscene with some reasonably beleivable ones somewhere in between.
I've seen plenty of photos of half naked or entirely naked women at this point, which is not really what I'm looking for. But this was the first time I'd seen someone Photoshop clothes ON to a naked photo.
End Quote

Can you post some of the links from your 'research'?:) If any are of a adult nature, you can state so by the link or just leave them out.

Quote by Eosin the Red
I thought it was spiffy as all get out. I do not know who the silver gal with the eye nimbus thingy was but she looked tres chic.
End Quote

I believe that was Dagger, partner of Cloak, who had their own series on a couple of occassions which was spawned off from the Spider Man comics. She was a dancer wo had the power to throw light daggers at her foes to stun them.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Re: Re: you . . you just have to see this.

Ukyo said:

looks like anyone whose don't speak portuguese or spanish can't tell the diference between the two languages.

annoying, but understandable. :)

(Slightly Off-topic)

From an outside view, the two share many base words, but with no knowledge of grammar or sentence structure, the two do look remarkably similar just based on this. It's all in knowing what to look for.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Portugese actually looks like it stayed closer to Latin than Spanish is. (On the other hand, if you never studied Latin, you will likely have NO clue what I'm asking.)

SteelDraco

First Post
The two languages aren't terribly different. I used to speak Spanish, several years ago. My skills have since mostly rusted, but I can still read it fairly well. It took me two or three sentences to realize that site was in Portugese rather than Spanish. I have some friends from Portugal, and I can get about 20% of their conversations (as opposed to the 50% or so of native Spanish).

What I thought was interesting was the translations of the various English names. The Punisher became Justiceira (Lady Justice), Nightcrawler became Noturno (nocturnal), and Rogue became Vampira. I particularly thought Rogue was interesting, as they've never really played up the vampiric nature of her power in any of the X stuff I've read. I wonder what the process is behind these translations - do they put a spin on them to make the characters appeal to the market research for that country? I wonder...

Creamsteak

Explorer
Here, I had the thing machine translated:

Heroines and Villainous of truth

This area of the MundoHQ is dedicated the fotomontagem works homaging heroines and villainous of the quadrinhos. Already it has some time some American pages in the InterNet bring assemblies of photos of actresses and models transformed into HQ personages. Recently, the MundoHQ discovered the works of the journalism pupil Rafael Borges, that pass to be shown by here. If you also work with fotomontagem and want in them to send its works, you are àvontade (the best ones will be published here). By the way, before our feminine public complains that he does not have heroes and villains, informs that some artist in is enough ordering them so that let us publish. Then hands to the workmanship.

Obs: The images published in this page are homages to the heroes and heroines, models and actresses. They do not have no commercial objective nor to harm the image of any person. In case that, however, the person in question if feels offended, she is enough to enter in contact with the site that its image will be removed.

Remove ads