• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Your Campaign Ideas?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I'd love to run a game in a setting like Clive Barker's Imajica, possibly with elements of his other fiction as well. Maybe fused with Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere. I sketched out some details in D20 Modern, but never ran it.

However, looking at The Strange- which uses the same system as Numenera- that may be doable.

I also have outlines for running a Fantasy HERO campaign based on the worlds of Magic: the Gathering.

The main holdups: my group isn't all that interested in games other than D&D; I'm a bit burned out on DMing straight fantasy, and I'm not sure my DM style meshes well with theirs as players.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Been thinking of a couple but keep coming back to Flash Gordon. Thinking of making it a plane where each kingdom floats in air around the central hub, that is a technical superior, air ships and lasers. Between these kingdoms, number of ruins and "bad land" islands. The leader keeps the lesser kingdoms in line and demands slaves, goods and services.

See there being two types of campaigns here: 1) those that support the Hub and 2) those that fight against it. Adventures can be ruin running to the badlands to looking for rebels.

Have not thought which system.

Samloyal23

Adventurer
I'd love to run a game in a setting like Clive Barker's Imajica, possibly with elements of his other fiction as well. Maybe fused with Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere. I sketched out some details in D20 Modern, but never ran it.

However, looking at The Strange- which uses the same system as Numenera- that may be doable.

I also have outlines for running a Fantasy HERO campaign based on the worlds of Magic: the Gathering.

The main holdups: my group isn't all that interested in games other than D&D; I'm a bit burned out on DMing straight fantasy, and I'm not sure my DM style meshes well with theirs as players.

It's a Demiplane. You can put ANYTHING in one of those. Just move the game to the planes and create short scenarios they can endure until you wean them off cliches...

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
If run games like that in the past.

The thing is, when I say I'm burned out on running straight fantasy, I include that kind of game as long as we're still talking knights w/swords, robed wizards and the like as standard fare. As a DM, the fantasy I want to run- with the exception of the Fantasy HERO campaign and a post-apocalyptic setting I have- is stuff like modern/urban fantasy, weird west, etc.- anything except stuff set in quasi-medieval worlds.

...and that is what THEY want.

Even stuff like Eberon and Spelljammer is greeted with skepticism.

So I don't DM anymore.

paul.updike.14

First Post
I need some help. I have been playing d and d for 8 years and saw 'Crypt of the Devil Lich' run as a tournament. I want to convert that game from 3.5 edition to 4th edition. Has that already been done? If not, I'll convert it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads