• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Your Campaign Ideas?

Samloyal23

Adventurer
If run games like that in the past.

The thing is, when I say I'm burned out on running straight fantasy, I include that kind of game as long as we're still talking knights w/swords, robed wizards and the like as standard fare. As a DM, the fantasy I want to run- with the exception of the Fantasy HERO campaign and a post-apocalyptic setting I have- is stuff like modern/urban fantasy, weird west, etc.- anything except stuff set in quasi-medieval worlds.

...and that is what THEY want.

Even stuff like Eberon and Spelljammer is greeted with skepticism.

So I don't DM anymore.

Sounds right up my alley. If you ever run a play-by-post I might be interested. In the mean time, try introducing your friends to some other types fantasy through books and novels...

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Oh, they READ other stuff. They just want to play big standard D&D most of the time. Some moreso than others.

But to give you an idea, since 1998, we've played @ 6 months of RIFTS, about a dozen sessions of M&M2, and the rest of the campaigns have been in 2Ed, 3Ed, 3.5Ed and 4Ed.

Not even one of the 3.5 clones like AU/AE, Pathfinder, Midnight 2nd, Fantasy Craft or True20 have been tried. The closest to being run for any of those is my post-apocalyptic campaign which uses 3.5Ed plus certain imported mechanics from those games...and that game has not been run. Nobody is interested in the setting.

I'm not bitter, just a little frustrated. They're good guys to game with. Loads of fun.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads