• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Your Current Game?

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
I'm running a Pathfinder game based on the plots of two completely different anime series that none of my players are familiar with. I have the advantage of a LOT of background material to draw from. Some events in the anime series are background, others are converted into actual adventures, and a fair bit of material thrown out due to lack of player or DM interest. The biggest disadvantage is that sometimes the two series do not match up too well.

Since one of series was a giant-robot anime, I've made some... adaptations... of the rules. Not as many as one would think, though!
So your game is basically a Macekre? (I mean that as a compliment.)

Cool :)

Squire James

First Post
So your game is basically a Macekre? (I mean that as a compliment.)

Cool :)

I suppose it is somewhat of one. The PC's that were created are sort of a third level of "bolting on", since none of them resemble any of the characters in either anime in any meaningful way. There are a HUGE number of allied NPC's in the campaign, perhaps more than I can easily handle. I'm nearing the 13th episode... I mean half-way point now, and things are still going pretty good. The bad guys are going to start solving that allied NPC problem soon now, heh heh!

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
I suppose it is somewhat of one. The PC's that were created are sort of a third level of "bolting on", since none of them resemble any of the characters in either anime in any meaningful way.
That's probably for the best. Less railroady that way. This is (I assume) just as much your players' story as it is yours.

There are a HUGE number of allied NPC's in the campaign, perhaps more than I can easily handle. I'm nearing the 13th episode... I mean half-way point now, and things are still going pretty good. The bad guys are going to start solving that allied NPC problem soon now, heh heh!
A ton of NPCs can really help bring a game to life, especially if you're familiar with them because you have something to base them on. I often do this in my games by basing NPCs on RL people I know/knew that nobody else in the group does, or on characters from games, movies, books, etc, and sometimes they will be recognized, and that's ok too.

The downside to this is when you get swamped in it, or worse, your players do, and can't keep them all straight!

Anyway, sounds like a cool game. Good luck! :)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I'm running two 4e games set in the same world, but on different continents. I've also been running the superb superspy game Night's Black Agents (both as intended and as a Burn Notice game.) I've been running occasional Fiasco games as well as Ashen Stars, Robin Laws's Gumshoe space opera. Man, I'm shocked by how much I've loved the last few Gumshoe releases from Pelgrane Press.

I just joined a group that will be playing a number of games, and which is currently running 4e. I'm excited to play! Finally, we have a once a month Golden Age MnM game with rotating GMs.

pming

Legend
Hiya.

AD&D 1st Edition campaign set in my favorite home-brew world of "Eisla" (which I've been tweaking, writing, and fiddling around with for around 2 decades). The key focus of Eisla is very low level heroics. The highest level NPC in the "known world" is the King of Krandos' wizard...he's rumored to be 7th level. Next is the Kings Champion Knight of the Realms...he's a 5th level cavalier. So, yeah, low level. :)

Before that I was running a Dark Dungeons ( Gratis Games - - the home of Dark Dungeons and other free games! ) campaign set in Paizo's Golarion.

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Remove ads