Unearthed Arcana Your current use of Unearthed Arcana material

How much UA/Supplements (WotC) stuff you allow in your games?

• Core only

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Core + a few selected cherrypicks (<20% non-core)

Votes: 22 23.9%
  • Core + many options (20-80% non-core)

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • Mostly everything but with exceptions (>80% non-core)

Votes: 21 22.8%
  • Basically everything

Votes: 18 19.6%

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I'd say I allow most of it, probably somewhere around the 90% mark although the only item that has been used is the revised ranger which I offered to my ranger player to try out. A lot of it isn't used not because it isn't allowed, but because players already have their characters and don't necessarily want to create something new to try out a subclass.

As with others, nobody has brought me anything from UA for use yet, but I would judge each individual requested piece on a case-by-case basis.

Geeknamese

Explorer
I allow everything from official books and UA. I'm also open to everything from DMs Guild and homebrew from Reddits, Pinterest, etc. as long as the whole group can review it and approve. My perspective is that I want my players to have fun, play the characters and concepts that they want to play and as long as it isn't too hard to manage or breaks immersion in my campaign world, we're good to go.

Edit: My group consists of a Regular Human Life Cleric, Kenku Monk/Rogue, Paladin of the Oath of Eternal Night (homebrew from Middle Finger of Vecna I think) and Fallen Aasimar Dread Necromancer (from DMs Guild). They're also experimenting with Kobolds Beyond Damage Dice supplement which adds unique combat options to differentiate the different weapons.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World mobile app

Last edited:

Olive

Explorer
I allow all of that stuff but we're only using a tiny part of it (revised ranger). Perhaps a more interesting question is how much people are using?

Li Shenron

Legend
You don't have an option in the poll for me; I don't even allow everything in the Player's Handbook in my games.

How much of the core is purposefully left out of the poll, as are purely homebrew stuff and 3rd-party published material. The purpose of the thread & poll is to focus on WotC supplemental material (published or UA). So you did vote correctly on the poll.

Remove ads