• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Your experiences with Counter Collection Digital v2.0 GOLD

Wolfspider said:
Thanks for all the info.

I have one question though. If I order this product online as I intend to, and it's just a collection of image files, why would I need to burn it to a CD in order to use it?

Thanks again!
Because for some reason, the publisher sells it as an ISO image file, which is a duplicate archive of the CD-ROM.

Wolfspider

Explorer
amaril said:
Because for some reason, the publisher sells it as an ISO image file, which is a duplicate archive of the CD-ROM.

Well, that seems odd to me. So it has to be on a CD to use it. That's actually somewhat inconvenient for me.

Wolfspider said:
Well, that seems odd to me. So it has to be on a CD to use it. That's actually somewhat inconvenient for me.
No. It's an image that you burn to a CD. Then you can copy the files from the CD to your hard drive or flash drive. An ISO file is just a way of archiving and/or distributing an image of a CD to preserve that data and file structure exactly.

I purchased the actual CD before they ever made it a download, and I simply copied the folders and files from the CD to my hard drive and have an additional copy on my flash drive.

Wolfspider

Explorer
amaril said:
No. It's an image that you burn to a CD. Then you can copy the files from the CD to your hard drive or flash drive. An ISO file is just a way of archiving and/or distributing an image of a CD to preserve that data and file structure exactly.

I purchased the actual CD before they ever made it a download, and I simply copied the folders and files from the CD to my hard drive and have an additional copy on my flash drive.

Ahh, well. I see. That pretty much dispells most of my concerns.

I'm going to buy it!

Yay!

BryonD

Hero
I love this set.

I've modified quite a few images to make custom monsters by re-sizing and/or paint shopping onto copies of the images (de-facing Cladio's work is quite fun in an I shouldn't do this sort of way. :D )

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Another benefit of Counter Collection Digital over Counter Collection PDFs: the JPG images are much larger and of higher resolution than images extracted from the PDF versions of the Counter Collections. You can take really small counters and make them colossal, for example, which doesn't really work with the smaller images found in the PDF version.

Remove ads