Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Farscape

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other

Votes: 29 43.3%

DM_Matt

First Post
Furn_Darkside said:

*chuckle* I really like that show, and always feel bad when I miss it. I wish I could find a net connection to listen to his radio show.

I also brainwashed a lot of people at the college I work at to watch his show regularly- we all really appreciate the work he does in the news field.

FD

O'Reilley has done some pretty evil stuff, though. When Matt Drudge reported that O'Reilley was planning to have a radio show in the same time slot as Rush Limbaugh as soon as Limbaugh's now-fixed health problems were revealed, O'Reilley went on Drudge's radio show, denying it and calling Drudge a liar. Drudge's story was, of course, perfectly accurate.

Thus, O'Reilley not only tried to steal Limbaugh's audience to take advantage of what turned out to be a temporary health problem, but he lied through his teeth for an hour straight while accusing the guy who uncovered his scheme a of lying.

Besides, Drudge is Da Man.

Grifter86

First Post
DM_Matt, I agree with you completely.

Although I purport to be a bit more of a radical than Drudge, he remains da man. Not as high up as Jello Biafra, but, nevertheless, the man. Actually, Biafra and Noam Chomsky, but I disparage to speak of politics.

Last edited:

Staffan

Legend
Re: Live Long and Prosper...

Ranger REG said:
Well, that's your opinion, Storm Raven. While I like B5, it wasn't good enough to become a franchise, with failed spin-offs after spin-offs (0 for 2 as I recall), which is sad.
OK, I feel I have to come to B5's defense here a bit. Crusade was cancelled before a single episode had aired, because the execs at TNT and JMS did not get along - the TNT people wanted more sex and violence and a general dumbing down of the show (though I admit I've only heard JMS' side of the story, and like Kosh says the truth is a three-edged sword), JMS said "No way, I'm not going to do that," and TNT replied with "OK, then we cancel this thing."

Legend of the Rangers also had a bit of unfair trouble. The pilot episode aired against some sports event that had the highest ratings in a very long time. Also, apparently the Sci-fi channel wanted to get away from space-based shows. Yes, I know that sounds really stupid for a channel basing its existence on sci-fi, but it's almost certainly because space shows have lots of effects, and effects cost money.

Storminator

First Post
RangerWickett said:
I just never got into Buffy. It mildly pains me that it's rated so high, but then again, I'm judging it from the movie. However, the one episode I have seen (the musical one) was entertaining, until the last 5 minutes, which made me go "Eh?"

Those last five minutes were what it was all about! Of course, you wouldn't know that if you hadn't been watching for at leasta year.

Buffy is pretty deep for all it's silly exterior.

PS

Corinth

First Post
Crusade and Legend of the Rangers got goatscrewed by the executives in charge of the projects. JMS did the best with what he had, and in the case of Crusade it resulted in two of my favorite characters: Galen (the technomage) and Dureena (the thief).

Ranger REG

Explorer
IMHO, B5 and its spin-offs would have survived longer in syndication (and airtime bought by a local TV station in your area) than in cable channel, especially when I and others like myself do not have cable.

Why did JMS or the WB execs decided to switch to cable I will never know. Money is most likely the reason. You can't produce the show without money.

Henry

Autoexreginated
RangerWickett said:
I just never got into Buffy. It mildly pains me that it's rated so high, but then again, I'm judging it from the movie. However, the one episode I have seen (the musical one) was entertaining, until the last 5 minutes, which made me go "Eh?"

Ironic, considering a book you co-authored had a rather good, er, "tribute" to the Buffy TV series as a campaign setting. Did you ever speak with Nemmerle about the series when you were authoring the book?

Ziona

First Post
Buffy is one of my all time faves, and Angel is cool, too. But I also checked "Other" because I also watch Smallville. Most of my friends thought it was lame, but I really enjoy it.

Besides that, I watched the X-Files & MST3K!!!! I still watch MST every Saturday. Gotta love that show! :D

Remove ads