• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Your gaming group

Darklance

First Post
Me=18 The rest - 18-17-16-20-21

Myself and the other 18, the 17 and the 16 are highschool students. The 20 and 21 are in college. One is studying to be an artist and the other a pilot.

This summer I ran a great short campaign set in a realistic anchient Greece with my brother, his girlfriend, one of his friend's girlfriends, and the two college students who are also friends of my brother.

Last edited:

Queenie

Queen of Everything
My group

Our group is large and consists of very different kinds of people:

Rob - 28, the DM and my husband. He is management in computer operations in the phone company. Very lienent DM style.

Me, Lisa - 29, I have a degree in fashion and textile design and am currently working as a manager in a retail store. Yes, I get the typical, "you sleep with the dm" comments.
Elven sorcereress

Casey - 30, warehouse manager. Married, no kids.
Dwarven fighter, our tank!

Walter - 34, General Manager of a printing company. Married with 4 girls!
Human Ranger

Matt - 26, works for a marble company, figuring out how much clients need. Married to Faye.
Elven Wizard

Faye - 25, part time school, works for law firm the rest of the time. Married to Matt.
Halfling Rogue

Ed - 23, works of United States Postal Service. Not married.
Elven Ranger

Kevin - 31, also a warehouse manager. Not married
Dwarven Fighter

Mike - 17, still in school. Not married
Gnome cleric / illusionist

Pretty stock characters. We have been making a better effort to accomodate some players (ME!!) that would prefer more roleplaying and in depth chacater development, but we are having a hard time getting along with this. All in all, though, a fun environment.

Moe Ronalds

First Post
Me: GM, except for when I'm not, 13, writes song parodies/web-comic. I supply the penciles.

Andrew: 14, Co-GM or sometimes GM. Goth. Scary. We play at his house and use his dice. Plays computer games a lot.

Mihan: 11, also known as satan. My little sister. Homicidal.

Hamtaro AKA Matt: Not a big fan of the game. Plays because he's friends with Andrew. 13. Plays computer games a lot. Is currently animating the Geekz movie.

Tetsuyama

First Post
PC death has been fairly common, which I guess isn't too surprising given that we have a whopping 10 players (makes balancing encounters hard as heck on the poor DM).

So there are 11 of us total, all either software developers or designers, with a variety of mostly-technical degrees (I think all have at least a bachelor's, but maybe not). Ages range from 22 to 30 or so, all male and about half married, only 2 with kids.

As a result of all this, we wind up meeting at work (yes, we all work at the same company) from about 7:30 in the morning until almost lunch one day a week, but since we work fairly long hours anyways, it's not a big deal. Of course, we have to find a conference room that's not so close to anyone's group that people can actually find us "en dungenous flagarante". :D

As for the currenty party breakdown, we have:

1 Psychic Warrior
1 Samurai/Psychic Warrior
1 Psion
1 Sorceror
2 Paladins
1 Fighter
1 Ranger/Rogue
1 Cleric
1 Wizard/Mage of Arcane Order

National Acrobat

First Post
My group, 6 strong, all 30-37

One Purchasing Agent for Major Healthcare Company

One Network Manager

One Financial Planner

One Unemployed (doesn't need to work)

One Secretary

One Manager for Securities Company

Not typical I guess...I dunno

SteelDraco

First Post
I'm in two games at the moment... let's see here. Sunday night group first...

(Classes are nonstandard, from my 1760s X-Files game.)

Me - 21m, the DM, college student
J - 21m, playing a Rogue/Adept half-vampire, college student
R - 24f, playing a Rogue/Adept witch, housewife
N - 21m, playing an Intellectual/Envoy, college student, works at a supermarket
E - 19f, playing an Intellectual, college student
B - 21m, playing a Warrior/Adept monk, college student
B - 31m, playing a Warrior/Woodsman, bank teller

This group is fairly content to argue, though they tend to do a lot of mystery-solving stuff as well. That's mostly the tone of the game, though. They tend toward soap-opera-esque plotlines and character interaction. An amusing group to DM, though keeping them going and on track can be a hassle.

From my Wednesday night group... I don't know most of the ages. These are educated guesses.

J - ~30m, the DM, works in the IT industry
B - ~30f, playing a Fighter/Monk, works in the IT industry
(J & B are married)
Me - 21m, playing a Ranger/Rogue, college student
M - ~27f, playing a healer-priest, works at a group home, I think, though she's looking for a different job
L - ~27m, playing a rogue, works at a car detailing/repair shop
(M & L are married)
J - ~28m, playing a paladin of the sun god, works at a group home
J - ~30m, playing a barbarian/priest (married, his wife isn't in the game), works as a board operator for the phone company
J - ~32, playing a sorcerer, works with computers at the local university
M - ~30, playing a fighter, works as a Quality Assurance Manager at a local plastics company
J - ~19m, playing a fighter/ranger, just joined the group a session or two ago. He's a student; don't know if he has a side job.

This group tends toward hack-n-slash, with some fairly deep roleplaying going on between some people. About half the group are very good roleplayers, while the other half are really there just to have fun. This can make a strange dynamic sometimes, but the DM does an excellent job of keeping things going well.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
My gaming group is my roommates... I didn't know them before I moved in with them, and they seemed like they might enjoy the game, so I brought it up, figuring it would be a good way to get to know them.

They're now far more into the game then I am, which is a little frightening.

The original campaign:

Me, DM - Male, 20 - Attending UCSD, Visual Arts major
Gundor, Half-Orc Barbarian - Male, ~20 - Same school, engineering of some sort
Aramil, Half-Elf Monk - Male, ~20 - Same school, engineering of some sort
Osbourne, Halfling Rogue - Male, ~20 - Same school, same deal
Noril, Elven Cleric - 26 - Same school, lives a couple of blocks from us
Liddy, Halfling Rogue/Wizard - Female, 19 - Went to same school, Vis Arts major I think, but transferred to the east coast.

Having lost one player to a college transfer, and then our Cleric to a change in his work schedule, we put that campaign on hold and started a new one -- I asked not to DM, as I'm stretched for time this quarter, so the guy who played the Monk last game is running it now.

Yig

First Post
My group

My current group is composed from childhood friends ranging from 16 to 25.

Simon (Me), 25, prefer to play combat type characters. Played an elven Monk in the last campaign. But I'm open to everything (I played a Media in the last CP2020 game I played in). I also DM a CoC game with 4 of this group.

François, 23, DM Since Forever tm. He will start a FR campaign soon. I do the CoC gme so that he may actually play something for a change.

Vanessa, 22, until very recently was the gf of the DM. Tend to play roguish character. In 2e, played a lot of rangers. The only female of the group. Pkay mostly male characters tho.

Rémi, 16, the youngest of the group. Tend to play Halfliung Rogue who pickpocket everyone he meet. Even after we come back to town full of loot. :rolleyes: Tend to do silly things. Still, not a bad guy. He's young, he'll learn :)

Pat, 16-17, cousin of Rémi. Played a Barbarian. Kinda cold and emotionless. Not saying this to insult him. He's the same when he obliterate us at BloodBowl :)

Stef, 25, played a Dwarven Fighter. Got some problems with his roleplay but nothing too serious. A bit stereotypical (I'm a dwarf so I don't like elfs). Said he wanted to try a Sorc or a Mage next time.

Émanuel, 18, played a Bard. Missed a lot of sessions due to another commitement (Cadets). So when he wasn't there his character was mostly used to sing and heal the party :)

I must say we have a pretty good group. We play this more for fun than strict roleplay. Since we know each other for a long time it's easy to do something that will appeal to everyone.

Dark Dragon

Explorer
I'm member in three groups (one of them is a testing group for D&D with a completely different magic system).

The oldest group was founded in summer 1991 (so all members are AD&D veterans):

Bastian (27): playing a half-elf ftr/clr of Kelemvor (4/11). Makes his PhD in biochemistry.

Björn (28): playing a human pal/clr of Helm (13/1). Married, medical doctor.

Frank (27): playing an elf wiz (15). IT professional.

Marcus (27): current DM, makes a tough RttToeE-campaign for this group. His half-elf rgr/ftr (12/2) was recently killed. Financial professional.

Me, Stephan (28): playing a human drd of Mielikki (14). Hoping to start my PhD in geology soon.

It's a pretty good group, we're having lots of fun (despite some rule discussions, but you never stop learning).

Second group, about 5 (?) years old, some members have experience in other RPG systems (DSA, Midgard...), others started with AD&D:

Anja (32?): plays a human female drd (11). Married, hospital employee. Came to the group about two years ago.

Bastian (see above): plays a human drd/wiz (1/14).

Christoph (27? heck, my memory): plays a human female sor/rog (3/2). His former PCs died by noble (stupid, unexpected?) sacrifice or failed save. Makes his PhD in biochemistry. RPG veteran.

Daniel (33): plays a half-elf pal/rgr/ftr of Torm (8/2/3). Married with Anja, geologist.

Heike (26): plays a halfling female rog/shd (13/1). Student of biology. RPG veteran.

Me: current (evil?) longterm DM, playing an elven rog/asn/wiz (10/3/1), who was recently killed in a stupid try to save the pal from a nightcrawler (!?! dice decision...;)).

Sven (27? man, it's late): plays a satyr (former half-elf) ftr/clr of Tempus (1/12). Makes his PhD in chemistry.

This group tends to get into trouble at every opportunity and has needed a lot of time to respect nearly each PC or get along at least. Next step: working as a team...

Test group:

Anja: plays a female asimaar pal of Helm (5).

Daniel: plays a female brd/mage (4/2).

Dieter (32): plays a human rog/ftr (4/2). Started with RPG nearly a year ago, makes his PhD in biochemistry.

Heike: plays an elven rgr (1). Missed a lot of sessions in this group, so her rgr is still at level 1.

Me: current DM, playing a human bbn/drd of Mielikki (1/5).

These PCs have quickly learned to work as a team: strike hard and fast ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads