D&D 5E Your one hope for D&D?

Tony Vargas

Legend
I wish the core was set around the expectation of something like 3-4 encounters per long rest rather than 5-6.
Be thankful you don't believe it's 6- 8. ;)

I'll bet the great minds at WotC could come up with alternate encounter guidelines, and DMing advice for shorter days.

guess I've just always played in groups with 2-3 battles per long rest for some reason. I must be a real outlier.
I don't think so, I've been in groups that gravitated to 3/day. And the 5MWD has always been a thing, too.

Many of the other things listed here can be fixed in the future by extra releases, so I'm hoping you guys all get your wishes. Best of luck!

tardigrade

Explorer
I'd like the next 5e campaign to be a Spelljammer one. Starting by taking PCs from Faerun to the Rock of Bral, culminating on The Spelljammer. Neogi deathspiders, some clockwork horrors, some nautiloids, maybe a witchlight marauder or two. :D

pming

Legend
Hiya!

A high-quality TV series that is not set in any specific world to date (no Greyhawk, no Forgotten Realms, etc). It should be oriented towards late-20's, early-30's folks (not teens or early-20's). It would focus on an adventuring group that is based in/around some relatively small'ish town (like, 800 folks or so). From there they 'go out' on adventures but return to this town from time to time because they have strong character-ties to it (born and raised there, have a close relative there, etc). The series would start them off at "1st level", so to speak, and the overall goal of the series would be to watch the PC's and NPC's develop over time, as well as show off cool monsters, spells, locations, etc...all tied together with various stories. There wouldn't be a single "over reaching plot", unless that plot is VAST and will take YEARS to form (see Game of Thrones), but more focused on the actual PC's individual desires, personalities, fears, etc. 1-hour episodes, weekly or bi-weekly.

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Love the idea of a high quality animated TV series like mentioned in this thread (via Clone Wars structure) and would love a actual 5E sci-fi game with no elves, orcs or dwarves in it.

Satyrn

First Post
For the average fan to become someone that might be accurately described as "open-minded, reasonable, and easy-going".
*poof * your wish is granted. But I - the evil, wish manipulating genie - have barred them from all internet forums.

. . . In truth, I actually granted this wish years ago to some bloke named Gary. He didn't even know what an internet was at the time! The fool was just glad I didn't bar them from writing letters to magazines. Humans are so shortsighted.

AaronOfBarbaria

Adventurer
I gave you XP, cause I see your point, but I think the average fan is already there. It is the extremists....
Yeah, I was basically saying my hope is for fewer extremist fans, but phrasing it in the positive rather than negative tone (wanting more good, rather than less bad).

Hmm, it's interesting to see everyone wanting campaign setting books, but no one has yet suggested the simplest way for (almost) everyone to be happy:

A fourth release each year, focusing on the various campaign settings.

I know they are happy with the current rate of release, but surely just one more book a year (making the releases quarterly) wouldn't contribute significantly to the dreaded edition bloat...

Remove ads