First Post
almost all of you have int. 15? Wow.

Str. 13
Dex. 10
Con. 12
Int. 14
Wis. 8
Cha. 15

That's totally wrong however, as my personal stats would not be near as high, save charisma. What the hell:

Str. 12 (I'm big and strong)
Dex. 8 (I'm not even graceful, I'm not even coordinated)
Con. 10 (I have a high threshhold for pain, but am totally out of shape)
Int. 12.5 (Yeah... about this)
Wis. 8 (I'm not very wise. I make rash decisions without thinking them through)
Cha. 16 (I have a nice sense of humor, an honest (read cynical) quality people seem to respect. I can usually sweet talk my way out of trouble.)

Crypt King

First Post
You know this doesn't give people a chance to show their 18 Intelligences you know :)

I'll bite.

STR: 12
DEX: 8
CON: 13
INT: 14
WIS: 15
CHA: 10

A2Z

Explorer
Let's see then,

STR: 8
DEX: 14
CON: 15
INT: 13
WIS: 12
CHA: 10

Sure, that sounds about right. I'm healthy as a... well I can't remember what the example in the PHB was but I'm dang healthy. Pretty much average everywere else though.

The Sigil

Mr. 3000 (Words per post)
Me too...

Not totally pleased with this, but here goes...

Str 8
Dex 12
Con 15
Int 14
Wis 10
Cha 13

If I tried to honestly stat myself, I would say...

Str 13 (I'm no bodybuilder, but I'm not weak, either - I think I'm a bit above average since I can wrestle two other gaming buddies my size to a standstill - though I think part of that is my mass)

Dex 15 (I'm ambidextrous, so I have to have a minimum 15, right? ;) )

Con 18 (I have missed exactly 1 day of work/school due to being sick in the last 15 years - I just don't get sick - even when the rest of the house has pneumonia)

Int 17 (If Int is supposed to be IQ divided by ten, I would rate a 16.8, rounded up to 17 - at least according to my most recent IQ test)

Wis 12 (I like to think I'm a little wiser than average... but perhaps that's foolishness and gives me an 8 instead.... lol)

Cha 14 (I have been a leader in every group I've been in, from D&D to Band to Choir to Basketball to Academic Competition... and was always able to move from group to group - even among warring factions - in high school, I could hang out with goths, cheerleaders, football players, gangs, rival gangs, and teachers with nobody batting an eyelash and being completely accepted as one of the group - OTOH, I'm not exactly drop-dead handsome - I'm not bad, but not great - and had some troubles "getting the girls" in HS due to shyness - so I can't rate myself TOO highly - I only give myself the 14 due to the ability to move seamlessly from group to group and be accepted everywhere as an "insider").

I'm trying to give the most honest assessment I can of myself, and not trying to get on an ego trip, here. ;-)

Perhaps we should do one of these where you have to do a "point buy" of your attributes... :D

--The Sigil

KDLadage

Explorer
IQ is not a linear match to INT

The Sigil said:
Int 17 (If Int is supposed to be IQ divided by ten, I would rate a 16.8, rounded up to 17 - at least according to my most recent IQ test)[/B]

Actually, if you use Strength as an example (being the only stat one can directly, physically and quantitatively measure), the attribute scale is only linear below 10. Above 10, it follows a geometric +10 = x4 scale.

Thus, assuming you want to map Intelligence Quotient as a linear value (it isn't, but you started it :) ) to the INT score in d20, it would look something like this:

INT : IQ
01 : 010
02 : 020
03 : 030
04 : 040
05 : 050
06 : 060
07 : 070
08 : 080
09 : 090
10 : 100
11 : 115
12 : 132
13 : 152
14 : 175
15 : 200
16 : 230
17 : 265
18 : 305
19 : 350
20 : 400

Personally (and this is not an attack, or a flame of any kind), I think IQ scores serve no purpose and truly measure nothing of any significance. I was tested a total of four times in school (I moved a lot) and got scores that ranged from 129 to 166... quite a range, if you ask me...

But that would just be my opinion...

Last edited:

KnowTheToe

First Post
Lets give this a try. I think this may actually work well for me

Str 10

Dex 14 - may be high

Con 15 - I can go forever, nudge nudge wink wink

Int 12 - if you ask other people, 18 if you ask me

Wis 8 - I don't much like the idea of torture and usually can't pass up junk food

Cha 13 - I am a salesman, its my job to be friendly

Remove ads