Ridley's Cohort

First Post
Str 11
Dex 11
Con 11
Int 14
Wis 9
Cha 9

I think the rest of you are a bunch of munchkins with soft DMs who gave you too many points to spend. The lot of you powergamers only picked even numbers.

I am the only real roleplayer around here. I think I can have a good life with these stats.

;)

The Sigil

Mr. 3000 (Words per post)
hehehe...

Ridley's Cohort said:
Int 14
Wis 9
Cha 9

I think the rest of you are a bunch of munchkins with soft DMs who gave you too many points to spend. The lot of you powergamers only picked even numbers.

I am the only real roleplayer around here. I think I can have a good life with these stats.

;)
Perfect choice of stats...

14 Int gives you the smarts to come up with this little barb.

9 Wis gives you the lack of common sense to post it.

9 Cha gives you the lack of social graces to help people see it as a joke and instead it rubs them the wrong way and you find yourself locked in a vicious flamewar that doesn't stop until your charred, flaming virtual carcass is ceremoniously booted from the board in a celebration which... ah, never mind. ;)

Good post!

--The Sigil

Balsamic Dragon

First Post
I'm looking at this from a 3E perspective, so let's see what the stats really mean in practical terms:

Strength - 8 - modifies to hit and damage, neither of which I can do :)

Dexterity - 10 - modifies initiative, reflexes, archery, AC (dodging), hiding and sneaking, and other agility based skills. Of these, I am only good at hiding and sneaking (and frankly, I don't think that's due to Dex).

Consistution - 12 - modifies hit points and fortitude save. Mine suck, but that's because I'm not a fighter class :) I eat healthy and exercise, so I'd say my Con was average for a non-fighter.

Intelligence - 14 - modifies skill points. I'm a law student and have a wide array of interests. In D&D, I'd have a bunch of knowledge skills, some crafts, and professions, so I probably have some sort of positive Int modifier. On the other hand, I only speak one language! I guess we'll let that slide though :) Hey, how many of those who gave themselves high Int actually speak 3-4 languages fluently (not just enough to get by)?

Wisdom - 15 - modifiers perception skills and will saves. Yeah, will saves are something I am fairly decent at, having had a lot of practice :) And I probably have a good spot and listen after you take into account my "racial" penalty to spot (correctable only with eyewear)

Charisma - 13 - modifies various skills including Bluff, Perform, etc... I do well in these types of skills, so I may have a bonus in them. Also effects Leadership, but I'm not sure if I am high enough level to actually have that feat. I don't have any permanent lackeys, unless you count animal companions :)

Of course, I've left out the ways in which stats modify spell casting and turning undead and such, as I've never had the opportunity to test my abilities in those areas... However, I'd probably make a decent cleric with these stats! Too bad I'm a multiclass Gamemaster/Paladin :) (No penalties though, Gamemaster is a favored class for dragons!)

Balsamic Dragon, workin' on that prestige class

The Sigil

Good point...

Balsamic Dragon said:
Intelligence - 14 - modifies skill points. I'm a law student and have a wide array of interests. In D&D, I'd have a bunch of knowledge skills, some crafts, and professions, so I probably have some sort of positive Int modifier. On the other hand, I only speak one language! I guess we'll let that slide though :) Hey, how many of those who gave themselves high Int actually speak 3-4 languages fluently (not just enough to get by)?

Hehe... good point....

(American) English (10 Int) - native
German (12-13 Int) - fluent (I speak better than I read - and I did some of my reading of scientific texts in college in German and have done three-way translation among an English speaker, a German speaker, and a Hungarian speaker, translating English to German and Hungarian, German to English and Hungarian, and Hungarian to English and German)
Hungarian (14-15 Int) - fluent (I can translate live "at speed" and have been told by a Hungarian native who is a professional translator that I am in the top 3 people he knows in the world as it relates to mastery of the Hungarian language - other than native speakers, of course... lol)

Other questionable languages...
C/C++
Music (i.e., the ability to read musical notation)
HTML (I give this even less credence than the other two)

So I guess if you count C/C++ or Music, I have a 16 or 17 Int. If not, I have a 14-15 Int, I guess... though Hungarian is considered the second-hardest language in the world to learn (Navajo is first).

Though you wanted fluency, I also know a smattering of Spanish, Russian, and Gypsy. Oh yea, and Australian/British ;).

I guess that means that a guy I know who speaks 11 languages fluently must have what, a 30 Int? Who says scores above 18 are absurd?!?

--The Sigil

Last edited:

The Kender

First Post
STR: 6 (Give me a break, I'm a 12 year old computer geek :p)
DEX: 12 (I'm a pretty good shot with a bow.)
CON: 14 (I never seem to get sick)
INT: 10 (I got about 100 on an IQ test and I am only 12)
WIS: 15 ("I am your all Mighty Sage! Bow down to me!" is one of my famous quotes. My friends would agree)
CHA: 8 (I'm a great leader, though people rarely give me a chance...)

The Sigil

Re: Re: Me too...

hong said:
[ BOGUS ]
Hi, hong... that looks like a troll more than anything... but then, we know you've been posting funny and inflammatory posts for a good long time now, so I know it's not a one-shot troll. ;)

I already gave you the rationale behind the stats... now I may have erred on the side of being generous to myself in Str and Wis, and possibly Cha, but the Dex is mandated by Ambidexterity, the Con I don't think is "quibble-able" and I am fluent in multiple languages and have a high measured IQ. I think the Dex, Con, and Int are pretty darn close.

If you want to quibble, quibble with how I arrived at them based on the information I gave you. Your post is equivalent to a "bah" and handwaving to dismiss something you are uncomfortable with...

Hey, you never know, my genetic code could be that one statistical oddity in approximately 10^14 that corresponds to a roll of all 18's on 3d6. ;)

--The Sigil

Last edited:

Reprisal

First Post
Hmm...

STR: 8
DEX: 13
CON: 10
INT: 12
WIS: 15
CHA: 14

Strength is low because of the below-average bench presses I made while in Secondary School. Out of all the stats today, I believe that Strength is easily the "dump stat" for a lot of people. :p I've put my dexterity at thirteen because of my relative coordination. I cannot juggle, or anything like that, but I would believe that my Dex rests at about that level. Constitution, well, nothing quite seems out of the ordinary for me. I can get sick, but it doesn't last long as some other people, and I'm usually free of it during it's "average" course of life.

I put Wisdom at the highest because it does seem that I've made more than my share of Will saves against different pressures without going crazy. Putting Charisma at fourteen is very much arbitrary on my part... I can't exactly measure it, now, hehe. :cool: I'm reasonably intelligent, but as others, I do not believe IQ is useful for anything other than diagnosing learning disabilities. (I am pursuing a Masters Degree in Political Science, but right now, I'm still working on a BA. I don't think you need a high D&D Intelligence to get a degree, but it certainly helps!)

Oh yeah, by the way, it was a great idea to use the Standard Array instead of just asking... :cool:

Remove ads