Your Pizza Order

What are your three favorite pizza toppings?

• Anchovies

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Apples

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Artichoke hearts

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Asparagus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bacon

Votes: 19 13.5%
  • Bamboo shoots

• Banana peppers

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Basil

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • Bell pepper

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Butternut squash

• Canadian bacon

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Capers

• Cauliflower

• Chicken

Votes: 13 9.2%
  • Chili oil/chili crisp

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Chutney

• Clams

• Eggplant

• Garlic

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Ground beef

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Ham

Votes: 13 9.2%
  • Hazelnuts

• Hearts of palm

• Jalapenos

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • Lobster

• Olives, black

Votes: 19 13.5%
  • Olives, green

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Olives, kalamata

• Olive oil

• Onion, green (scallions)

• Onion, raw

Votes: 24 17.0%
  • Onion, pickled

• Mayonnaise

• Meatballs

• Mushrooms

Votes: 47 33.3%
  • Pepperoni

Votes: 64 45.4%
  • Pepperocinis

• Pineapple

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Pine nuts

• Potato

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Sausage

Votes: 42 29.8%
  • Shrimp

• Smoked oysters

• Spinach

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Tomatoes, fresh

• Tomatoes, sun-dried

• Zucchini

• Ketchup

• Tuna

• Sriracha

• Kimchi

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Maybe next time, I'll do a pizza crust poll. Hand tossed? Thin? Deep Dish? Sourdough? Gluten-Free? Which option is the most popular? And which one is most likely to cause Snarf to collapse from pure indignation?
post quality GIF

(Thin crust is my favorite, in case you were wondering.)

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
CleverNickName: Hey, Snarf, what are hating on today?

Snarf:

28943d9f76c36f57b0ca5183f52c612a.gif
Fair enough, the concept of "hating" a pizza is ridiculous to begin with. We all know it's the perfect food: infinitely customizable, versatile, delicious, and widely available. We have our favorites, least-favorites, and dietary restrictions, sure, but hatred? I don't buy it.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Fair enough, the concept of "hating" a pizza is ridiculous to begin with. We all know it's the perfect food: infinitely customizable, versatile, delicious, and widely available. We have our favorites, least-favorites, and dietary restrictions, sure, but hatred? I don't buy it.

Well, if not hatred ... perhaps antipathy.

thinking...

Naw, hate.

BackIcyCrab-size_restricted.gif

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
(Thin crust is my favorite, in case you were wondering.)

....anyway, we both know you're going to tease that, and then you're going to go all in on some sort of stuffed-crust monstrosity.

"Having a pound of gooey cheese in the crust pairs perfectly with the pineapple and canned pasta toppings! And I might recommend a nice pairing of something suitable, such as a fortified wine like Night Train, on the side."

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
....anyway, we both know you're going to tease that, and then you're going to go all in on some sort of stuffed-crust monstrosity.

"Having a pound of gooey cheese in the crust pairs perfectly with the pineapple and canned pasta toppings! And I might recommend a nice pairing of something suitable, such as a fortified wine like Night Train, on the side."
You wound me, sir.

Stuffed crust on a pizza is just ridiculous. You're basically just saucing a calzone at that point. It's just another excessive food gimmick, like when fast food burger joints were replacing their hamburger buns with two grilled cheese sandwiches. "LOL this sandwich has 2800 calories and 50 grams of saturated fat!" "I know, because it's actually 3 sandwiches, you gluttonous rube."

And my fermented beverage of choice is beer, not wine.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
And beer pairs with pizza better than wine. Or that could be because I don't like wine. 🤔

Traditional hand tossed, or thin crust, or it didn't happen. Deep dish is too much bread. I'm ok with stuffed crust sometimes, but if the cheese gets cold, it gets too chewy. Often it's bland.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
And beer pairs with pizza better than wine. Or that could be because I don't like wine. 🤔

Traditional hand tossed, or thin crust, or it didn't happen. Deep dish is too much bread. I'm ok with stuffed crust sometimes, but if the cheese gets cold, it gets too chewy. Often it's bland.
The best way to eat pizza with wine is to roll it up and dip it. A truly unforgettable combo a spicy, sausage-y deep dish to sop up a fresh, sugary moscato.

* This may or may not be true. Consult a mob lawyer before following this advice.

Remove ads