Your Pizza Order

What are your three favorite pizza toppings?

• Anchovies

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Apples

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Artichoke hearts

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Asparagus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bacon

Votes: 19 13.5%
  • Bamboo shoots

• Banana peppers

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Basil

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • Bell pepper

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Butternut squash

• Canadian bacon

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Capers

• Cauliflower

• Chicken

Votes: 13 9.2%
  • Chili oil/chili crisp

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Chutney

• Clams

• Eggplant

• Garlic

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Ground beef

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Ham

Votes: 13 9.2%
  • Hazelnuts

• Hearts of palm

• Jalapenos

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • Lobster

• Olives, black

Votes: 19 13.5%
  • Olives, green

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Olives, kalamata

• Olive oil

• Onion, green (scallions)

• Onion, raw

Votes: 24 17.0%
  • Onion, pickled

• Mayonnaise

• Meatballs

• Mushrooms

Votes: 47 33.3%
  • Pepperoni

Votes: 64 45.4%
  • Pepperocinis

• Pineapple

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Pine nuts

• Potato

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Sausage

Votes: 42 29.8%
  • Shrimp

• Smoked oysters

• Spinach

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Tomatoes, fresh

• Tomatoes, sun-dried

• Zucchini

• Ketchup

• Tuna

• Sriracha

• Kimchi

glass

(he, him)
And the more people you have involved in the decision-making process, the greater your chances of involving that guy.
If you are expecting me to eat the pizza, then damn right I am "that guy" about what goes on my portion. Luckily my local pizzeria does half-and-half so it rarely an issue.

I love jalapeños so much. Jalapeños do not love me.
This is me also. My finger hovered over the jalapeños button for a few seconds before I added another meat option instead.

@Snarf Zagyg , I agree completely: words do have meaning. The dictionary describes a pizza as a type of pie, and vice versa, so I'm confident I'm using the words properly. Besides. You can't tell me you've never heard a pizza referred to as a "pie" before.
Humorously, the two definitions you linked contradict each-other. The definition of pizza may say that it is a pie, but the definition of pie is incompatible with that, since pizza are rarely filled with anything and are never pastry lined or topped.

If a hot dog is not a sandwich because the wiener is placed within a cut in the bread, rather than being between two separate pieces of bread, then a sub "sandwich" purchased at the restaurant chain Subway is not a sandwich for the same reason ;)
Not to mention any normal sandwich I make at home, where a single slice of bread is folded in half. Quicker to make and easier to eat (plus you can have an odd number of slices if you want without fuss), and I do not understand why everyone does not make sandwiches that way.

Anyway, regarding the options in the poll: Apart from the the aforementioned special case of jalapeños, they break down into four categories of roughly equal size.
  1. I know what they are, like them, and enjoy them on pizza.
  2. I know what they are, dislike them, and would not enjoy them on pizza.
  3. I know what they are, but have no idea what they would be like on pizza. I would need more info before commenting further (for example potatoes - in what form? how are they prepared?)
  4. I have no idea what they are (what the hell is a banana pepper?)
EDIT: Actually, onions are also a special case, in that they can be nice in the right circumstances (in curries mostly, but also in salads in small doses), but I do not really want them in pizza. I can tolerate (unlike, say, olives or pineapple) them as part of a package deal with other nice stuff, but they better not be taking up a precious slot from something actually nice!

Zardnaar

Legend
20230408_185028.jpg

Beef, bacon and caramelized onion stuffed crust pizza. Pizza Hut NZ.

Not bad father in law is going nuts for it. He's recently discovered stuffed crust

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
If a hot dog is a sandwich then why is it that when I cut hot dogs into the length-wise strips and place them between two pieces of bread with mayo and ketchup that's called a "hot dog sandwich"?

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
If a hot dog is a sandwich then why is it that when I cut hot dogs into the length-wise strips and place them between two pieces of bread with mayo and ketchup that's called a "hot dog sandwich"?

Because if you called it by its proper name, "Sandwich sandwich," the ouroboros would come for you.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I've been on a rather strict diet for the last five months, on account of my high cholesterol (not my weight...although the two aren't completely unrelated.) This means, among other things, that I've had the extreme misfortune to not be allowed any pizza--nor any cheese-or-sausage-bearing substrate of any kind--since Thanksgiving. Well, now it's April, and according to my latest blood lab, my TCL has dropped by more than a hundred points, and it has been holding steady in the Normal range for the last 30 days and counting through the power of diet and exercise alone.

Blah blah arteries and lipids, yadda yadda cardiovascular whatever, et cetera, I GET TO EAT PIZZA NOW.

I have a birthday coming up in a couple weeks, and my partner asked me for gift ideas. And my eyes teared up a little as I imagined the perfect birthday gift. "An extra large Brooklyn-style pizza," I said, suddenly lost in reverie. "And an ice-cold pitcher of beer."

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
giphy.gif

Callahan does not approve!
Callahan can eat my naughty word.

Not that's he's not right about hot dogs, in this specific instance he is; ketchup doesn't go on hot dogs (in a bun). Mayo & ketchup is, however, the appropriate condiment combo for hot dog sandwiches.

It's also acceptable to utilize ketchup with hot dogs that have been cut into bite-sized pieces; especially if those pieces have been stirred into Kraft Macaroni & Cheese.

Ryujin

Legend
I've been on a rather strict diet for the last five months, on account of my high cholesterol (not my weight...although the two aren't completely unrelated.) This means, among other things, that I've had the extreme misfortune to not be allowed any pizza--nor any cheese-or-sausage-bearing substrate of any kind--since Thanksgiving. Well, now it's April, and according to my latest blood lab, my TCL has dropped by more than a hundred points, and it has been holding steady in the Normal range for the last 30 days and counting through the power of diet and exercise alone.

Blah blah arteries and lipids, yadda yadda cardiovascular whatever, et cetera, I GET TO EAT PIZZA NOW.

I have a birthday coming up in a couple weeks, and my partner asked me for gift ideas. And my eyes teared up a little as I imagined the perfect birthday gift. "An extra large Brooklyn-style pizza," I said, suddenly lost in reverie. "And an ice-cold pitcher of beer."
Good for you! :)

I got similar news about my A1C, a few months back, but anything that I crave would likely throw me into diabetic shock. I hear that eating a whole cherry cheesecake is no longer a viable option.

Clint_L

Hero
Wait, I'm the only person to pick pine nuts? My favourite homemade pizza is pesto sauce, chicken, mushrooms, peppers, red onion, mozzarella, feta, and pine nuts!

Why no love for pine nuts?

Clint_L

Hero
Callahan can eat my naughty word.

Not that's he's not right about hot dogs, in this specific instance he is; ketchup doesn't go on hot dogs (in a bun). Mayo & ketchup is, however, the appropriate condiment combo for hot dog sandwiches.

It's also acceptable to utilize ketchup with hot dogs that have been cut into bite-sized pieces; especially if those pieces have been stirred into Kraft Macaroni & Cheese.
My hot dogs have:

all beef Weiner, NEVER boiled
grated cheddar cheese
mayo
ketchup
mustard
tomatoes

Okay...I guess my hot dog is basically a cheeseburger.

Remove ads