Your Pizza Order

What are your three favorite pizza toppings?

• Anchovies

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Apples

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Artichoke hearts

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Asparagus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bacon

Votes: 19 13.5%
  • Bamboo shoots

• Banana peppers

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Basil

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • Bell pepper

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Butternut squash

• Canadian bacon

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Capers

• Cauliflower

• Chicken

Votes: 13 9.2%
  • Chili oil/chili crisp

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Chutney

• Clams

• Eggplant

• Garlic

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Ground beef

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Ham

Votes: 13 9.2%
  • Hazelnuts

• Hearts of palm

• Jalapenos

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • Lobster

• Olives, black

Votes: 19 13.5%
  • Olives, green

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Olives, kalamata

• Olive oil

• Onion, green (scallions)

• Onion, raw

Votes: 24 17.0%
  • Onion, pickled

• Mayonnaise

• Meatballs

• Mushrooms

Votes: 47 33.3%
  • Pepperoni

Votes: 64 45.4%
  • Pepperocinis

• Pineapple

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Pine nuts

• Potato

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Sausage

Votes: 42 29.8%
  • Shrimp

• Smoked oysters

• Spinach

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Tomatoes, fresh

• Tomatoes, sun-dried

• Zucchini

• Ketchup

• Tuna

• Sriracha

• Kimchi

Mad_Jack

Legend
  1. I know what they are, but have no idea what they would be like on pizza. I would need more info before commenting further (for example potatoes - in what form? how are they prepared?)

My local place does a potato pie - crust rubbed with olive oil and oregano, a layer of thin-sliced (potato-chip-style) potatoes, mozzarella cheese, and bacon on top. I get mine with onions.

It's sort of like a bacon-cheese-fries pizza, lol.

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
I'm sad I read through this whole thread and didn't find Jon Stewart's rant about pizzas. He's from New York, so he's wrong about the best pizza coming from New York City, but otherwise it's pretty good!

RealAlHazred

Sadly, the pizza topping dice I saw at a convention that I thought were cleverly done seem to be out of stock.
26957_1_640px__22659.1455556350.jpg

RealAlHazred

I want a set of those with all meat dice.
That's the nice thing about that particular set -- each die is specific to meats, veggies, cheeses, etc. So if you want all veggie options, you just uses multiple veggie dice, for instance.

Orius

Legend
Oh that's nice, just grab a handful of meat and cheese dice and ignore the veggie dice altogether.

As long as someone didn't get stupid and include anchovies with meat.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Jon Stewart's OSR Game: "Okay...I was gonna be nice, but now you’ve gone too far. So let me explain something, 5th Edition D&D is not only not better than my OGL Dungeons & Dragons, it’s not Dungeons & Dragons. It’s a f---ing board game. I’m surprised you haven’t thought to complete your 5th Edtion D&D by putting some chutes and ladders on the battlemat!"

Zardnaar

Legend
My local place does a potato pie - crust rubbed with olive oil and oregano, a layer of thin-sliced (potato-chip-style) potatoes, mozzarella cheese, and bacon on top. I get mine with onions.

It's sort of like a bacon-cheese-fries pizza, lol.

Chain putbpotsto slices on pizza here 20 odd years ago. Haven't seen any recently.

Interesting article. Have tried s few on this list. We had a 90's pizza joint here become a kebab and pizza place so kebab pizza. Satay done that as well. Spaghetti was in an 80's cookbook here (its not great).

Dominoes are currently offering Indian pizzas so you can get butter chicken pizza.

Turkish friend made me a Turkish style pizza using kebab meat. It was great.

Can't stand seafood pizza which is like a mornay or whatever someone's caught on a boat (damn you boat trip to the Sounds 1999).

RealAlHazred

Real talk, so far, the only pizza I've ever had that I thought was disgusting and would never, ever have again under any circumstances was pizza I had (against my better judgement) from a Korean place that had it on the menu. My friend wanted pizza and the pizza served 3, and he wasn't going to eat there if he didn't get what he wanted, so fine. It was basically a wide, shallow bread bowl with tomato soup inside. There were floating rubbery bits in the soup that might have been half-thawed cheese shreds of some description, along with some spicy things (some sort of ghost pepper?), unidentifiable green rubbery things, and the weirdest selection of spices I've ever had on pizza. No oregano. It was horrifying garbage, and I would have been happy as a clam having any of the actual Korean specialty dishes, but some people do not want to stray from the eight or nine things they are comfortable eating out, and I generally do not initiate drama.

I essentially guilted my friend into eating at least a third of that disgusting thing.

Remove ads