Yuan-Ti Adventures?

CSB046

First Post
Hi all.

For some reason, I recently became rather interested in running an adventure featuring "snake people" for my group, which obviously led me to the yuan-ti, creatures I've never actually used in my "D&D lifetime."

Can anyone point me in the direction of some good yuan-ti related stuff (modules, Dungeon adventures, etc.)? The specific incarnation of D&D doesn't really matter, so even suggestions for older adventures would be appreciated. I could always convert them.

Thanks for any help!

Nyaricus

First Post
Hi!

Currently, in my campaign, I'm using Yuan-ti as antagonists (well, the PCs don't know that quite yet, but shhh!) for Act 1 of my three part campaign. They are in Hlondeth, the City of Serpents, which is in Forgotten Realms.

I'm using a few different resources for this: the 2e book Vilhon Reach which is DLable from the Wizards site, Serpent Kingdoms, which is a 3.x FR book, and the FRCS. Plus a whole bunch of imagination.

Truely, there are not many resources for the Yuan-ti which are WotC. TSR might have had more, but I don't know. In any case, there would likely be a bit of 3rd party stuff which someone might mention (I don't know a lot of about them).

Hope that helped, anyways!

cheers,
--N

Racing the Snake from Dungeon #105 featured a Yuan-Ti as the main bad guy. That's the only adventure that I know of. Freeport has a lot of serpent people (not Yuan-Ti but still reptillian) in their adventures but there is no reason that you couldn't change them to Yuan-ti.

I love the Yuan-Ti personally and wish that they were in more adventures.

Olaf the Stout

Wycen

Explorer
The 3.0 campaign option book "Ghostwalk" has yuan-ti as bad guys and includes a few details on a demi-plane called Coil, with a pyramid of yuan-ti. Not so many details on the demi-plane but you'll find short adventures in the last part of the book.

SgtHulka

First Post
The Yuan-Ti first appeared in the TSR AD&D Module I1 Dwellers of the Forbidden City.

There's also a Dungeon Crawl Classics adventure called Curse of the Emerald Cobra which, apparently, features Yuan-Ti. I have neither played it nor read it, however.

Huw

First Post
Serpent Kingdoms is excellent, and useful outside of the Realms as well.
The Scarred Lands Assaathi book (can't remember the name off-hand) is also a good source for snaky-people.

Brakkart

First Post
Well for a good Yuan-ti adventure I have to reccomend Slave Vats of the Yuan-ti from Dungeon Magazine #69, as I got a whole campaign (Rise of the Snakemen in my signature) by expanding the concept of it, but it runs just great as printed.

In addition to the books mentioned above I'll add in a suggestion to pick up Ssethregore: In The Coils of the Serpent Empire, which has tonnes of great snakey stuff to throw at your PC's, including a dozen varieties of lizardfolk who make great henchmen.

Definately pick up Serpent Kingdoms though. A book that is worth every penny I paid for it and then some.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Huw said:
Serpent Kingdoms is excellent, and useful outside of the Realms as well.
The Scarred Lands Assaathi book (can't remember the name off-hand) is also a good source for snaky-people.

It's called "Vigil Watch: Secrets of the Assaathi". I don't know if Vigil Watch (besides being a tautology :eek: ) is the name of a series of 'race books' for Scarred Lands or if it is specific to this book - I picked it up as a free download from DrivethruRPG.

Brakkart

First Post
Dr Simon said:
It's called "Vigil Watch: Secrets of the Assaathi". I don't know if Vigil Watch (besides being a tautology :eek: ) is the name of a series of 'race books' for Scarred Lands or if it is specific to this book - I picked it up as a free download from DrivethruRPG.

Yes Vigil Watch was the name of a series (no idea how many of them there were though) as I have Vigil Watch: Warrens of the Ratmen on my shelf. I'll have to see if I can find a copy of this book though, I love snake-like villains.

Remove ads