• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Yuan-Ti

Bad Paper

First Post
1) I see nothing in this thread that is not grandma-friendly. By definition, grandmothers have several decades of experience with the ownership and usage of nipples. Likely, grandma would be amused and tickled that we're having this conversation.

2) Maybe Yuan-Ti are like platypi: mammals that lay eggs...?

DonTadow

First Post
xBloodCarverx said:
Just a question that came up in a session the other day, do yuan-ti lay eggs? And if so do all of them lay eggs? If so, than why do they have boobs (cause they clearly do in pics).
Wow, I feel like such a bad DM. I never even considered that they didn't. I had a whole room full of Yuan-ti eggs in my campaign to give the pcs a moral dilemma, do they kill the eggs and stop a possible future Yuan-ti invasion.

Does having breasts definately mean you don't lay eggs. What if they lay eggs and then breast feed?

Sorry, I"m a guy, I know nothing about child birth.

by the way this is an appropriate conversation for this forum. This is a question of functionality about the rules of Yuan-ti in the game. We're talking about the purpose and functionality of breasts. There's nothing dirty or disgusting about it. We're also using medical terms.

Last edited:

xBloodCarverx

First Post
Actually I dont think this would bother my grandmother at all concidering she's a retired trama nurse for 40 years. Talking about boobs is not a bad topic, its just anatomy. If I talked about this to my grandmother, she would be perfectly ok. I dont know about your grandmothers.

And back on the subject, I dont think we'll find a definate conculsion, so how would you all have it in your campaigns.

By the way, are half-bloods half human?

IcyCool

First Post
DonTadow said:
by the way this is an appropriate conversation for this forum. This is a question of functionality about the rules of Yuan-ti in the game. We're talking about the purpose and functionality of breasts. There's nothing dirty or disgusting about it.

I never said there was anything dirty or disgusting about the conversation. Just that "So basically their boobs don't have nipples" was the most inane comment I'd heard on these boards in a while, and to caution the "noob" that "boobs" might not be an appropriate Grandma-friendly term.

And no, this is not the right forum for this. Could you point out the rules for what we are discussing in the SRD? No? Perhaps you are suggesting House Rules on the matter? Maybe it's a topic for General Discussion?

DonTadow said:
We're also using medical terms.

I'll be sure to correct any doctors and nurses I come across who refer to "breasts" instead of "boobs".

Edit - And BloodCarver, welcome to the boards! :D

DonTadow

First Post
IcyCool said:
I never said there was anything dirty or disgusting about the conversation. Just that "So basically their boobs don't have nipples" was the most inane comment I'd heard on these boards in a while, and to caution the "noob" that "boobs" might not be an appropriate Grandma-friendly term.

And no, this is not the right forum for this. Could you point out the rules for what we are discussing in the SRD? No? Perhaps you are suggesting House Rules on the matter? Maybe it's a topic for General Discussion?

I'll be sure to correct any doctors and nurses I come across who refer to "breasts" instead of "boobs".

Edit - And BloodCarver, welcome to the boards! :D

Hahaha didn't see the "boob" comment. I assumed your beef was with us using the words breasts.

I still dont think my grandmother would be offended by the word boob. There are way more derogitory words for that area.

As for where things should go? To each his own. I havn''t seen too many things posted in Rules that soly deal with the SRD. I believe some posted documentation from WOTC on the subject, which, for me, is sufficient enough to be included in the rules section. The guy didn't know if there was srd documentation on it or not so he went to the community. That's what the forum is for. Not to kick some poor lad down for his use of terminology.

IcyCool

First Post
DonTadow said:
I believe some posted documentation from WOTC on the subject, which, for me, is sufficient enough to be included in the rules section.

Fair enough, though I stand by my statement that it doesn't belong here.

Edit - and the inanity of the comment.

And BloodCarver, I must admit to some curiousity on the matter, why are you even asking about this?

Sejs

First Post
werk said:
Greg Focker: You can milk just about anything with nipples.
Jack Byrnes: I have nipples, Greg, could you milk me?
- Meet the Parents (PG-13)

That always got me about that scene. The technical answer to his question is yes, it would be possible. However, it would require a very long time, and a lot of hormone therapy before anything would happen. The glands are still present, they havn't been developed into a different configuration, it's just that they've never been activated or developed beyond a very early stage.

Anyway, as for the yuan-ti themselves, I'd venture so far as to say that yes, those that have humanoid body traits do have nipples. They were a magically created race. It's just that while a pureblood yuan-ti female may have 'false' mammalian secondary sexual characteristics, they would never naturally produce those hormone triggers that would cause a mammal to lactate, because lactation isn't part of their natural reproductive cycle. Without the appropriate hormone triggers a mammal won't lactate, either. A yuan-ti's body just doesn't produce those triggers. A mammal gets pregnant and her body says 'hey, you're going to have a child, here let's get you ready to be able to feed them for a while'. Whereas a reptile, like a yuan-ti gets pregnant and her body tells her 'hey, great, let's go drop these eggs off somewhere safe and then go do something else'.

By the way, are half-bloods half human?
Nope. They're 100% yuan-ti. A halfblood yuan-ti is as much half-human, as a pureblood yuan-ti is pure human. Which is to say, not at all. Yuan-ti is yuan-ti, no matter what they call themselves.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads