Zero Divide: Episode #2 "Black Star"

Shalimar

First Post
"Well we are not without options,I think most of us were soldiers. We could probably take the thugs, they might have some tech weapons though." Haven offered. "Not sure if fighting is the best option, I vote for walking away and seeing if they follow. If they do we can ask them if they want to be our new friends."

Vanifae

First Post
Velmont said:
"I am really grateful. You have helped us to get out of that lab. I want to help you. We can help. But it won't be possible if you don't want to confront your fear. We can help you, if you are willing to accept that help.

Please accept our help."
Ian rolls a Diplomacy check of 9 for Talos to be convinced of his intentions.

Talos thinks on it, “Human male you may speak truth but these are armed and dangerous criminals, they work for the Cartel, it would not be prudent for you to fight them humans.” The veranthian starts walking, “They are not looking for you, and only caused me harm in case I knew the where about of my employer, a human who I know only as Mira. Perhaps if you know where she is, we can work out a deal with and therefore we can all leave peacefully and with… our lives.”

Dee glances to Ashley, “Haven is right, those men will break at the first sign of stiff of resistance, and I doubt they will expect what we can do if push comes to shove. I say we take them now, we could use some weapons.”

Talos interjects, “Humans listen, it is not prudent to fight these criminals we should meet their terms avoid needless violence.”

Dee glances to Talos, “You set us up, don’t think I will forget that.”

Alan

The apartment is large and spacious with a living room, two bed rooms, and two bathrooms. The living room also doubles as a viewing area as a large glass wall allows one a great view of the city.

He finds another computer terminal in the empty bedroom, a desk and a bed, and sparse minimalistic decorations.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"I don't doubt you can subdue them easily, but Talos is right, we should not meet them now. He has been forced to do it. Even if we get rid of them, Talos will pay later for there failure, as they will think Talos have told us about them. Just leave the goons think we are harmless, and once Talos will have left us, and they won't be able to blame him for the goons failure, then we will be able to act freely." suggests Ian.

Shayuri

First Post
"I doubt letting us act freely is in the intentions of the cartel, or Mira," Facade says darkly. "Someone's invested far too many resources in us, and taken too many risks, to just let us walk away."

James Heard

Explorer
Vanifae said:
Alan

The apartment is large and spacious with a living room, two bed rooms, and two bathrooms. The living room also doubles as a viewing area as a large glass wall allows one a great view of the city.

He finds another computer terminal in the empty bedroom, a desk and a bed, and Spartan decorations.
Alan sits down to the terminal and begins searching for a biography of Doctor Alan Tighe on whatever passes for the internet in this unfamiliar place.

Who am I?

Vanifae

First Post
Victim said:
(Are we being lead toward the group, are they following, observing as we walk past, what? Any noticeable weapons or devices?)
They are about 50 feet away not moving, congregated at some kind of food/drink stand. They do not seem armed, but that does not mean much at first glance. They are observing at the moment, but once the group starts moving the junian dispatches two of the human thugs to follow you.

Shalimar

First Post
"I'm not sure how heavy the street is, but if we aren't fighting we an duck doown an ally and then I can just raise the ground up to block the path behind us. Otherwise I might be able to just blow up the ground at their feet, take them out with the shrapnel...don't want to kill if we can avoid it though, don't want any legal trouble, not with the way things sound for...humans being second class citizens."

Hammerhead

Explorer
"You don't know where Mira is? I kind of figured you did. If you're not taking us to her, then where are we headed," Michael asks, seemingly confused.

"Facade, no one needs to capture us to stop us from walking free; we need their aid, unless you have some plan for securing clothing, food, shelter, information, and security for yourself that I don't know about. Although you're a step ahead of us, since you can already cover up the mess that the rest of us wear so conspicuously."

So our initial motivations and eventual goals don't exactly coincide. Get used to it. Besides, Mira's a scientist. If I can't easily outwit her, I deserve whatever I get.

"I kind of wanted to keep our unique skills hidden, if it's the same to you, Haven. For now, at least. And if we did attack, the cartel would want our heads...I'd worry more about their reach than whatever vague laws may or may not apply here."

Shayuri

First Post
Facade chuckles. "I didn't say we shouldn't meet with these people," she points out. "I was just warning you all that they're not going to want to just let us go. We have to be ready for that."

"In the end, we'll have to pick a side...but before we do that, we have to know who we're dealing with. So by all means lets meet Mira, and maybe even this Cartel. Not to mention whoever has Alan. But I think we should be thinking of how we can try to take the initiative. We have a few aces, and not much to lose by playing them."

Victim

First Post
"Overt displays probably aren't to our long run advantage. It shouldn't be too difficult to deter the pair following us without any drastic action." Ashley turns to Facade, "If you were to speak them by yourself, that might be sufficient distraction or could at least reveal some information about their intentions. Since there aren't many other humans around, that might prove sufficient grounds for starting up a conversation." Without knowledge of the area, splitting up isn't that adviseable. I wonder what this place is like outside the city. While we do need to cover our basic needs, it shouldn't be too difficult to do without for a bit while so we can develop information without immediately jumping into the arms of some unknown party.

Remove ads