Zero Divide: Episode #2 "Black Star"

Velmont

First Post
As Ian see the handshake, it remind him that his hand are barenacked. That if he shakes his hand, he will feels an emotive moment of Talos. He hesitate a moment, but he thought being ignorant of all this world, not knowing if they have been helped by a friend or a foe, it might be a good thing.

"Many humans are just too individualistic. But when things get bad for everyone, they generally come together and forget about there feud. Humans is a complex species. Myself, I have not yet been able to understand everything about them.

Thanks you for you help, and for the answers."
replies Ian immitating Facade and offering him an handshake. "We are in your debt."

Vanifae

First Post
Velmont said:
Thanks you for you help, and for the answers."[/COLOR] replies Ian immitating Facade and offering him an handshake. "We are in your debt."
Talos nods shaking Ian’s hand, “Of course human, but we should be hurrying now, I must deposit you to a safe location or my employer would be most displeased with me. Now come along humans.”

Ian
[sblock]It hits you like brick to the face, buffets of fear and anxiety, fractured images from the alien psyche. He sees Talos speaking with another Veranthian, and there is definite fear as they speak in a language and way he cannot fathom, but he sees or perhaps feels Talos being struck across the face and then looming over him are human thugs… and a green skinned humanoid, with features similar to a human but covered in tattoos. He feels that Talos wants to do the right thing but he is scared of death…[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Ian hesitates a moment. "But who is that employeer? A Veranthian like you? The one who has a tatooed green humanoid as his right hand?" asks Ian. Ian's voice seems to be soft, with some compassion.

James Heard

Explorer
Vanifae said:
Ashana walks onto a platform overlooking a massive city, “That man, he looks like someone I once knew but he isn’t him… and you look like and even be Doctor Tighe but you are most likely not that man… or maybe you are. That man I knew he died back on Omega Tau III.”

Biggs and Wedge grab equipment and head across the platform ahead of Ashana as she pauses on the deck to observe the city, “Your last known whereabouts Doctor Tighe are well known, you died on Omega Tau III… which deepens this mystery. Your friends I bet also died there, which means you are all possibly connected. The question on my mind is why, and who decided to resurrect you. I believe the other Doctor Tighe, your daughter may have that answer.”
Alan follows the Commander to the edge of the platform overlooking the city.

"Pretty," he says, breathing deeply as if to savor the air and essence of the city.

"Well then...I suppose our friend Mr. Death will be looking over my shoulder after all, because I may be many things but dead isn't one of them..."

"But then? Maybe I am dead, and I'm here now because, being dead, I now have the proper perspective on life?"

Alan sighs.

"It is not the language, but the speaker," Alan quotes introspectively.

"You should follow your heart, and not the language. We name things to define them, but the words are not the definitions..."

"Crap. Anyways, what I mean is that it doesn't really matter what it's called: dead, alive, resurrected? Whatever. I'm here and who I am," Alan laughs self-depreciatingly.

"Even if I'm not quite sure even about that. I'm certainly no worse off than the people who don't know who they are and don't know they should be asking, right?"

Alan steps away, implicitly leading the group away from the platform even if he doesn't know where they're going.

"So...we're eating now? Do we have beer, or is life not worth living?"

Vanifae

First Post
Velmont said:
Ian hesitates a moment. "But who is that employeer? A Veranthian like you? The one who has a tatooed green humanoid as his right hand?" asks Ian. Ian's voice seems to be soft, with some compassion.
“Human,” Talos’ eyes scan around him, “You… Human male I do not know what you are talking about. Oh is that what humans call a joke? Is this at my expense?”

Dee turns at Ian, “What did you see?”

Alan

Ashana follows him, “Do you always talk like that?” She waves it off, “We have beer, humans enjoy their beer, I am sure Biggs or Wedge will share with you. You are not my prisoner but I do want you to remain in our custody, if only for your own safety. This city is dangerous, Doctor Tighe.”

“Wedge get our visitor some food,” she walks inside which looks like a large and spacious if high tech apartment.

Wedge grins, “Welcome to Casa de Luxury, grab a beer I have some food on the table, going to put the game on, and relax until the Commander figures out our next move.”

Biggs is sitting at what looks like a workstation typing away at a holographic display keyboard.

Victim

First Post
(Are we being lead toward the group, are they following, observing as we walk past, what? Any noticeable weapons or devices?)

Ashley tries to alert the rest of the group with subtle hand signs to the danger.

(Bluff check for Innuedo +4/+8)

They were expecting us? With such an obvious group, are they trying to make us jump a certain way; make us more dependent on someone else for protection? She considers Talos suspiciously.

A tattooed green humanoid working with Talos or his boss. Not good. Thanks, Ian. "You mean a tattooed green person like the man watching us? But don't look. What's the attitude towards violence here?" she asks casually. I'd rather not fight if we can avoid it, but luring them into attacking us and then turning the tables could be an effective way to gain some resources.

James Heard

Explorer
Vanifae said:
Alan

Ashana follows him, “Do you always talk like that?” She waves it off, “We have beer, humans enjoy their beer, I am sure Biggs or Wedge will share with you. You are not my prisoner but I do want you to remain in our custody, if only for your own safety. This city is dangerous, Doctor Tighe.”

“Wedge get our visitor some food,” she walks inside which looks like a large and spacious if high tech apartment.

Wedge grins, “Welcome to Casa de Luxury, grab a beer I have some food on the table, going to put the game on, and relax until the Commander figures out our next move.”

Biggs is sitting at what looks like a workstation typing away at a holographic display keyboard.
Alan smiles and shrugs at the Commanders critique of his conversation and follows her inside. Casually grabbing a beer and taking a long swig, he follows with some food and wanders around the apartment looking for another computer to use - quietly humming songs from The Police as he peeks into rooms.

And they're only going to change this place by
Killing everybody in the human race
And they would kill me for a cigarette
But I don't even wanna die just yet

Velmont

First Post
"No, it's not a joke. You have talk with one of your kind. But you weren't speaking equal to equal with him. And you were hit by his thugs, many humans and that green tatooed humanoid. You fear them. I would also be. You want to do the right thing, but you can't, your fear rules over your conscience. You are not a bad person, you are a good man, but you have your hand tied.

I am really grateful. You have helped us to get out of that lab. I want to help you. We can help. But it won't be possible if you don't want to confront your fear. We can help you, if you are willing to accept that help.

Please accept our help."

Shayuri

First Post
At Ashley's warning, Facade says, still smiling warmly, "Alright, lets start moving, guys. We can talk as we walk. Too much standing around will make our enforcers nervous prematurely."

She then adds to Talos, "So you owe them, right? They need your skills to get us out. You try to argue the point, they do some leaning...and here we are. That about it?"

Velmont

First Post
"Yes, let's walk. We can speak on the way. So, Talos, do you want to accept our offer? And you can call me Ian." asks Ian as he walks beside the Veranthian.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases