Zero Divide: Episode #2 "Black Star"

Vanifae

First Post
Hammerhead said:
"I don't suppose you have some kind of minor painkiller?"
“I do not possess a painkiller,” Talos replies flatly, “are you well human Michael?”

Alan

Biggs and Wedge look at each other confused and then back at Alan. Wedge speaks, “We are heading to a safe house.”

Biggs adds, “We need to assess the situation it seems things are more complicated then we initially thought.”

Michael

Ashana stands by an observation window that allows him to see the whole entirety of this city of sorts, A vast conglomeration of buildings and structures lit up bright in the night sky. Two moons look down on the world, as the craft weaves to wind by a garish sign, an advertisement for something but not enough time to make out what it is. A large mountain of a building dominates the skyline, and many lights come in and out of it.

Ashana does not reply at first, her hand on window, palm flat against the cool glass-like surface. She speaks finally, “Perhaps it is, like you told me, getting attached to anything is only going to weaken yourself. My species has similar warnings; I am not sure what you are or who you are, you might be Georgy or you could be just a ghost face, and yet be someone totally different.”

The craft begins to slow as it circles a tall structure, it has strange red characters on the side and a picture of what looks like one of Talos species though in some garish cartoon format. Ashana turns, “But I am not holding you prisoner, you may be able to help us find Doctor Tighe, if the VSC Cleaners or the Cartel don’t get her first.”

Vanifae

First Post
Avalon® said:
"Talos, who are these Ghorvans? Are they like you or are they another species all together. Also, what species are you if you mind me asking?"
“Oh human male the Gorhvan are an organization of business men, and they have their hands in everything here on Haven V. Now some would call them a cartel or a syndicate but they are just good businessmen, and as with all things here, money is the only language they consider,” Talos replies.

“As to my species I am what you humans refer to as Veranthian, my kind is noble and quite respected in the galactic community, we formed the core of the Galactic Republic at its inception. Oh human my species is quite hospitable and amiable unlike those nasty Junians, I assure you. May I add your eyes are strange, so tiny and slit like, it is disgusting human, but I do not think less of you,” he replies to Surge.

Surge
[sblock] “Human, I am not sure if these design changes are sound, I think you presume too much to believe that you could improve upon our designs,”* the Veranthian researcher informs you.

Speaking Japanese.

“I ran the simulations several times, this is the most efficient way to increase overall performance for the neural network, and I told you stop calling me human call me Yusuke,” you reply.

“Of course human Yusuke, but I dare say your eyes are so small I doubt you have the intellect to comprehend what we are doing here,” the blue skinned sentient adds tapping at his holographic keyboard.

“I hope I am not slowing you down,” you respond.

“Of course not human Yusuke, your presence does not slow me down,” the researcher adds.

You sigh, “Good now bring the system online, and we can finally make some progress here.”

“Oh human Yusuke you amuse me, I guarantee that you will see that I was correct and that although intelligent your lesser species has much to learn,” the researcher replies.

The vision fades.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Avalon®

First Post
“Oh human male the Gorhvan are an organization of business men, and they have their hands in everything here on Haven V. Now some would call them a cartel or a syndicate but they are just good businessmen, and as with all things here, money is the only language they consider,” Talos replies.
It seems that money still makes the world go round.

After experiencing the vision, Surge thinks to himself.

Was...that...me? If that's so, then I must have been some kind of scientist or something. What was the purpose of this neural network? It also seems that those of Talos's kind, these Verathians, seem to like patronizing us humans.

James Heard

Explorer
Vanifae said:
Alan

Biggs and Wedge look at each other confused and then back at Alan. Wedge speaks, “We are heading to a safe house.”

Biggs adds, “We need to assess the situation it seems things are more complicated then we initially thought.”
No Jedi love, huh? Mothers with a sense of humor then?

Alan laughs, shaking his head and running his hand through his hair.

"That's funny. Story of my life so far: complicated."

Alan snorts.

"Should I be asking you where your kit is in case I need to sew his legs back on?" Alan jerks a thumb toward Michael.

"So...these Gorhvan? Are they Huns or Romans? Cartel as in Columbians or cartel as in Fast Food?"

Vanifae

First Post
James Heard said:
"Should I be asking you where your kit is in case I need to sew his legs back on?" Alan jerks a thumb toward Michael.
“The commander is a junian but she isn’t stupid,” Wedge jokes.
James Heard said:
"So...these Gorhvan? Are they Huns or Romans? Cartel as in Columbians or cartel as in Fast Food?"
“Wait that is like ancient history right, yeah the Gorvahn are not like that all… they are a criminal syndicate, supposedly galaxy wide, with ties that extend outside GR space. They are not so bad as long as you don’t cross them or somehow come into their debt… once their you are never getting out,” Biggs replies.

Wedge adds, “If the commander could she would shut them all down, but that is easier said then done.”

James Heard

Explorer
Vanifae said:
“Wait that is like ancient history right, yeah the Gorvahn are not like that all… they are a criminal syndicate, supposedly galaxy wide, with ties that extend outside GR space. They are not so bad as long as you don’t cross them or somehow come into their debt… once their you are never getting out,” Biggs replies.

Wedge adds, “If the commander could she would shut them all down, but that is easier said then done.”
"Huns, not Romans. Gotcha."

Alan lets that stew for a moment.

"Why is that? They've got their eyes and hands on all the stirring pots, making sure they all boil over then?"

Hammerhead

Explorer
The Tram

"They sound like useful allies. Unfortunately, we probably don't have the money to deal with them." Actually, we don't have any. And since we're dead, there probably aren't any bank accounts earning interest for fifty years. Maybe our benefactor has a lot of money that they're going to give us.

"Just a dull headache; I'll be fine, as long as it doesn't get any worse. Thanks for the concern, though."

The Aircraft

"I said that?" Damn, that's harsh. I don't want to be anything like the guy I was.

"So you're not working for VSC anymore. That's good news; I had assumed you were still working for them, which should explain some of my lack of trust." A little bit of trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go. "Why are you looking for Dr. Tighe?" I could probably find my way back here, with a little bit of research and a vehicle.

Vanifae

First Post
Shalimar said:
"How are clones viewed by the Galactic Republic? Is cloning wide spread Talos?"
“Well that is a complex question human, and my best answer if you pardon my usage of what I believe is a human phrase, it depends. The legalities are complicated and it depends on if the clone is sentient or not. Clones cannot own legal property, clones of the dead are considered illegal in most galactic nations that are member states of the Galactic Republic,” Talos replies.

Michael

“Why I am looking for Doctor Tighe is currently classified,” she responds, “as much as you look like Georgy… I can’t let that cloud my judgment I have no idea what side you are on if any, and that makes you dangerous. And to-”

She pauses and stares at Michael for a long moment, and for a moment it seems unnerving and then pain in his mind as he pushes his ability to the limit of its boundaries and then he is slapped back into his singular consciousness on the tram.

Alan

They both look at each other, thoroughly confused. Wedge speaks, “You want to try using English Doctor; you lost me.”

Biggs nods, “Yeah what the hell are you talking about?”

Back to the Tram

The Tram slides to a gentle stop and the door slides open into an open yet somewhat busy station of trams. Several sentient creatures of varied shapes, colors, smells, and sizes brush past the open doors.

Talos speaks to the group, “Shall we continue humans?”

James Heard

Explorer
Vanifae said:
Alan

They both look at each other, thoroughly confused. Wedge speaks, “You want to try using English Doctor; you lost me.”

Biggs nods, “Yeah what the hell are you talking about?”
Alan shrugs.

"The Gorvahn, they keep people like the Commander from shutting them down by watching the people who watch them and making sure they're dangerously busy?"

"Nothing exceeds like excess?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases