• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Zombies and Crooks (DM:Mal Malenkirk Judge: Covaithe )

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Actually, I forgot the Badguy beat you, but they didn't beat Andrec. He gets to act before I run them again.

So forget the previous post, it is only Andrec who is up.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Tomalak]I am confused.

Tomalak said:
Move: Shift to L10
Standard: Brash Assault on K11

One-Who-Waits is in K11! And Mesa is at J12, nowhere near L10 so...

If you moved to L10, you are adjacent to the tiefling in M10. Brash assault is impossible (There is no ally) but it makes you adjacent to Knotty Virtue, the spirit companion and the tiefling is bloodied so it would have given you a +4 to damage.

Your primary attack miss but going for a basic attack of 1d8+8 damage and then a free shift on the next round would have been a very sensible tactic so I'll assume that's what Andrec wanted.
[/sblock]

The archers continue to rain down arrows on the heroes. Jarel takes the worst of it while Montroya is pushed to the brink.

One dragonborn thug keeps attacking Jarel but with less success this time. In frustration, he snarls and exhales, a poisonous cloud engulf Jarel, Mesa and One-Who-Waits. The druid is swift in ducking and holding his breath. The shaman and the swordmage aren't so lucky.

The tiefling who had attacked Montroya sees him about to topple from the poison and figures his job is done. Instead he moves to flank Jarel and tries unsuccessfully to stab him in the back. The Tiefling then disappears from sight, shouting in dismay.

The other tiefling attempts to poison Andrec with no more success and also turns invisible

The last dragonborn turns to engage the Goliath but must be intimidated because he miss and easy target. But he sticks to the game plan and shifts aways from his new opponent in order to covers with fire a large swath of the battlefield. Many heroes are seared and the heat overwhelms the beleaguered invokers who falls to the ground, grievously wounded.

[sblock=Actions]
Archers
1-2: Jarel 3:Mesa 4-5:Montroya 6-7:Molok (1d20+7=23, 1d20+7=24, 1d20+7=13, 1d20+7=9, 1d20+7=15, 1d20+7=11, 1d20+7=12) I screwed up, it's +9 (+7 is their melee). So everything is +2. Jarel hit twice, 6 hp, Mesa Missed, Montroya hit once (15+2=17), Molok missed twice

Andrec and OWW weren't shot at because I figured they'd have cover from the most likely shooters.

North Dragonborn vs Jarel
vs AC 21 (1d20+7=17, 1d10+4=9) miss
Breath vs Jar, Me, and OWW
vs Reflex (1d20+5=24, 1d20+5=7, 1d20+5=16, 1d6+2=7) hits Jarel, miss Mesa, hits OWW

N Tiefling vs Jarel
vs AC 21, vs For 16 (1d20+7+2=15, 1d6+3=9, 1d20+5=10) miss, secondary irrelevant
Invisible : stealth (1d20+13=24) no one know in which square he is.

S Tiefling vs Andrec
vs Andrec AC 17 (1d20+7=9) forgot to add the other rolls but it's because I could see the future and knew it would be a waste of time.
stealth (1d20+13=30)

S Dragongborn vs Molok
vs AC 16 (1d20+7=11, 1d10+4=14)
Breath vs KV, OWW, Andrec and Montroya
1: KV 2:OWW 3:Andrec 4:Montroya (1d20+5=8, 1d20+5=23, 1d20+5=21, 1d20+5=20) miss KV, hits everybody else.
fire damage (1d6+2=7)

Montroya is dying
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Status

Tiefling (south): 17/34 bloodied, Invisible
Tiefling (North) : Invisible
Dragonborn (south) : 24/38, breath expanded
Dragon born (North) : breath expanded

Andrec : 15 / 22 [5/7] AP
Jarel-Karn : 22 / 37 [10/11] AP
Mesa : 17 (12) / 26 [7/9] AP Ongoing 5 Poison (Save ends)
Montroya : -4 (-9) / 24 6 [5/8] AP Ongoing 5 Poison (Save ends), bloodied, dying
One-Who-Waits: 12 / 26 [9/9] AP, bloodied

Montroya will fall unconscious right at the start of his turn unless...

Archers
Perception 16
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 16; Fortitude 13, Reflex 14, Will 11 ; see also mob rule
Mob Rules : The archer gains a +2 power bonus to all defenses while at least two other human bandit archers are within 5 squares of it.

Tiefling Darkblade (Level 2)
Senses Perception 13
HP 34; Bloodied 17
AC 15; Fortitude 12, Reflex 14, Will 12
+7 vs Armor Class; (+8 against a bloodied target)1d6+3 damage, and the tiefling darkblade makes a secondary attack against the same target.
Secondary Attack
+5 vs Fortitude; ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends).

Dragonborn
Perception 12
HP 38; Bloodied 19
AC 16; Fortitude 13, Reflex 14, Will 14
Resist 5 lightning
Battleaxe (Standard, at-will) Weapon
+7 vs Armor Class; (+8 while bloodied)1d10+4 damage.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
OOC just realized Jarel-karn hasn't gone yet so this is too early. I may adjust.

One-Who-Wait's chanting rises impressively in volume, though he does not appear to be straining his voice. As he moves into the middle of the street, translucent shapes rise up from the ground and fly rapidly through the area. Some feel their passing gentle breeze, others as a searing pain.

[sblock=Actions]Wow, that hurt.

I hope I'm handling all of this right. Trying to be careful but it may require adjustment.

Minor: Use healing spirit on Montroya (again). Montroya can spend another healing surge. Andrec is next to Knotty Virtue as well, so he gets rider healing (1d6=6). Woo, 6 points.

Standard: Make a heal check on Montroya to grant him another poison save. heal check; saving throw (1d20+9=19, 1d20=6). Phooey, save fails.

Move: One-Who-Waits moves to K13 and hopes he doesn't take an OA.

Action Point: One-Who-Waits uses spirit of the healing flood. He'll use Andrec's bravura presence assuming this makes sense. I think all visible enemies are in the burst. Rolling for invisible tieflings as well, in case they are too ("BT" is the bloodied tiefling and "OKT is the unwounded one). +4 vs Fort: J10, G12, H13, I17, J16, M15, N14, P13, N10, BT, OKT (1d20+4=6, 1d20+4=21, 1d20+4=11, 1d20+4=18, 1d20+4=10, 1d20+4=8, 1d20+4=17, 1d20+4=16, 1d20+4=9, 1d20+4=24).

Oops, not enough rolls. One more: OKT (1d20+4=20)

Damage: 1d8+4=12

Effects: minions G12, I17, N14, P13 die. Tieflings take 12 if they are in the blast. One-Who-Waits and all allies get regeneration 2 while bloodied, and can give up this ability as a minor action to regain 10 hit points.

Free Action (if Bravura Presence activates): One Who Waits moves back to J11.

Whew. Hope we survive.[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]One-Who-Waits Male Deva Shaman 1
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 20, Senses: Normal
AC:16, Fort:13, Reflex:14, Will:15
(+1 to defenses against attacks by bloodied enemies)
Resist Necrotic 5, Radiant 5
HP:12/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:9/9
Action Points: 0
Powers:
Call Spirit Companion
Spirit's Fangs
Stalker's Strike
Watcher's Strike

Healing Spirit
Healing Spirit
Speak with Spirits
Twin Panthers
Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes
Second Wind

Spirit of the Healing Flood

Conditions:

Full sheet: One-Who-Waits[/sblock]

[sblock=Spirit Effects (IMPORTANT TO DM AND PCS)]
A reminder of the effects that the spirit (Knotty Virtue) has on combat. The first three are important to players.
  • Any ally of One-Who-Waits who starts their turn adjacent to Knotty Virtue can shift 1 square as a free action, as the first action during their turn.
  • Any ally of One-Who-Waits who is adjacent to Knotty Virtue gains a +4 bonus to their damage rolls against bloodied enemies.
  • Knotty Virtue occupies 1 square. Allies can move through its space but enemies cannot.
  • Any enemy that leaves a square adjacent to Knotty Virtue without shifting is subject an opportunity attack (the Spirit's Fangs power).
  • Knotty Virtue has the same defense values as One-Who-Waits and can be targeted by attacks.
  • If a single attack deals 10 or more damage to Knotty Virtue, the spirit disappears and One-Who-Waits takes 5 damage. Otherwise Knotty Virtue is unaffected by attacks.
  • When One-Who-Waits takes a move action, he can move Knotty Virtue up to 6 squares as well.
  • Knotty Virtue is unaffected by terrain and environmental phenomena.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=OOC]It is correct to act before Jarel; alla ctions occured when they are posted. Velmont will post when he'll post, no need to wait.

You hit both of the Tiefling, even with the cover on BT.

You hit none of the minions; they are between 6 and 9 square in the air.
[/sblock]

[sblock=New Status]
Status

Tiefling (south): 5/34 bloodied, Invisible
Tiefling (North) : 22/34 Invisible
Dragonborn (south) : 24/38, breath expanded
Dragon born (North) : breath expanded

Andrec : 21 / 22 [5/7] AP, Haaling Flood
Jarel-Karn : 22 / 37 [10/11] AP, Healing Flood
Mesa : 17 (12) / 26 [7/9] AP Ongoing 5 Poison (Save ends)
Montroya : 6 (3) / 24 6 [4/8] AP Ongoing 5 Poison (Save ends), bloodied, Healing Flood (active, regenerate 2)
One-Who-Waits: 12 (14) / 26 [9/9] AP, bloodied, Healing Flood
Molok : 33/33 Healing flood
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tomalak

First Post
[sblock=mal]
[sblock=Tomalak]I am confused.

One-Who-Waits is in K11! And Mesa is at J12, nowhere near L10 so...

If you moved to L10, you are adjacent to the tiefling in M10. Brash assault is impossible (There is no ally) but it makes you adjacent to Knotty Virtue, the spirit companion and the tiefling is bloodied so it would have given you a +4 to damage.

Your primary attack miss but going for a basic attack of 1d8+8 damage and then a free shift on the next round would have been a very sensible tactic so I'll assume that's what Andrec wanted.
[/sblock]

I couldn't tell you what went wrong, as the map has been changed since I posted. I'm assuming it had to do with keeping up with the changing positions (it gets difficult to keep track of where everything is by the end of the round). Your judgement is fine, thanks for coming up with something.

It would be really convenient if the map updated more than once per round. Like I said, it gets confusing.[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Montroya should be conscious again. He had another healing spirit use one of his ever-dwindling supply of healing surges.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads