Clutches of Evil - OOC Thread

D20Dazza

Explorer
Apologies guys, I'll go back and edit the post - Pwent is just synomonous with FR dwarves to me - can't get it out of my mind - sorry ;(

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Like I said, no reason to apologize at all. I just know how hard it is to get something out of my head once I get it stuck. I didn't want you to think he was a dwarf for too long, because that could be confusing later on.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Monetary Equivalencies

I thought I would add in some flavor stuff since it feels like most of you are getting into character and beginning to grasp the world around you. So ..... Here is a list of average trade-ins for gemstones. These prices follow the DMG price range for the most part. I will link to this post in the first post of this thread so if you need to quick reference it you can just go there.

In Enigmatica, gems are often used by traders as money. They are much less weight and much more flashy to show around. As a result, most of the gemstones found have been cut to standardized weights and clarities. Most traders will give the following prices for the respective gemstones:

GEMS
Blue Quartz:...... 10 gp.
Lapis Lazuli:...... 20 gp.
Obsidian:.......... 25 gp.
Rose Quartz:..... 40 gp.
Onyx:.............. 50 gp.
Sardonyx:........ 75 gp.
Amethyst:........ 100 gp.
Jade:............... 200 gp.
Silver Pearl:...... 250 gp.
Violet Garnet:... 400 gp.
Yellow Topaz:... 500 gp.
Black Pearl:...... 750 gp.
Fire Opal:........ 1000 gp.
Sapphire: ........ 2000 gp.
Ruby:............. 4000 gp.
Emerald:......... 5000 gp.
Jacinth:.......... 7500 gp.
Diamond:........ 10000 gp.

Last edited:

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Regional/Geographical Land Divisions

While I am at it, I think I'll bring this over from the recruiting thread. It's all the same stuff, so if you read it over there nothing else has changed. I just thought it might be easier to reference if it was over here:

The game will start in a town called Theropa. The town has roughly 21,000 people. The town is governed by a Town Council, whose actions typically follow a LN bent. Sometimes the councils actions seem good, sometimes they seem coldhearted and evil. [Recent examples: People still talk about free pint of ale night, where the council bought the first round of ale for anyone who bought a meal at a tavern. This was designed to stimulate the economy and was good for the town. On the flipside, several months before that the town council voted to rip down several delapedated buildings to construct a new training facility. This left several families homeless and out onto the cold streets.] But for the most part they are LN. There are two other significant sources of power in the town. Heironeous has a huge temple present and the clerics there are known to be strong yet demanding. There is also a much more sinister member of the community. He is a mage of some sort called Jithar. And while many conflicting rumors abound about his work, there is one thing that is certain. Jithar is evil to the core and he works through very subversive means to get what he wants. Nobody knows how deep his fingers dig into the community.

The land around Theropa is largely forested with an occasional stream running through hills. Some mining occurs in the hills, thus there are caves and underground streams. Deer and Centaur trails are commonly found through the neighboring forests.

Theropa has six "suburbs" around it. Great Bend, Lexena, Bardstown, Horse River, Sulpher, and Yellow Cave. Of these sleepy hamlets, Horse River and Yellow Cave stand out. The occupants of Horse River are known to take to anyone caught outside after dark and sacrifice them to their god (needless to say their god is evil). Yellow Cave always seems to be overcast in weather and it gets more rain than one might expect there. Of course, the town lies in a valley, which most locals claim is the source of why it rains so much.

More information about Theropa will come in the introductory posts for the games. I hope this wets your appetite a little, though!

------------------------------------

The kingdom in which your characters live is called Barghost. The other kingdoms on the same continent are Tongra, Quelhalost, and Fenneress. For simplicity sake - while you all get used to the world I will only put in pertinant information on Barghost.

Land divisions: The kingdom is divided into four regencies. The central regency is ruled by King Sigfried directly. The regency which boarders Tongra and is therefore in charge of the Tongra-Barghost Border control is ruled by Regent Strubech. The regency in which most of the kingdoms mining occurs is ruled by Regent Colvert. The regency which boarders Fenneress and is therefore in charge of the Feneress-Barghost Boarder is ruled by Regent Urgos. There is no boarder between Barghost and Quehalost, which most in Barghost daily thank their deity about. Quehalost is vile and evil and has a knack for corrupting all who dare enter its boarders. It is all that Feneress and Tongra can do to keep Quehalost from advancing upon them and absorbing them into their evil.

Regents may be referred to as Regent or Lord. The king is referred to as King Sigfried or the Holy Magistrate.

King Sigfried's regency: The capitol of the kingdom is Hipposus. It is known for it guilds and opportunities for specialized advancement. The land surrounding Hipposus is primarily forrested with a few lakes. It is surrounded by 8 smaller towns which I can name and give info if people are interested. King Sigfried has a good reputation and is clearly LG in game mechanics terms. He has good respect among the people.

Regent Strubech's land: This land is primarily characterized by a gradual change of forrest into plains. Very few lakes exist in this land, but many rivers move a plentiful amount of water. The inland town in which Lord Strubech resides is Theropa. [That hopefully sounds familiar, no?] Theropa is surrounded by 6 smaller towns as suburbs. Lord Sturbech is also in charge of the main border towns Single Spire and Profit. Each of these towns are surrounded by two smaller suburbs. Theropa is known for its Temple, its evil mage, and a Bowmaking guild in Great Bend. Single Spire is known for its beautifully wooded land and a heavy magical quality about the people. Profit is where the plains are found in vast numbers and much of the kingdoms food production comes from this area. As can be expected, this area is highly prized because of its ability to grow food and often fought over between Tongra and Barghost.

Regent Colvert's lands: As stated above, Regent Colvert is responsible for most of the mining to occur in the kingdom. All precious gems, silver, and gold come from this area. Most of the ore used for iron also comes from here. Regent Colvert has his castle in Brandish, among the mountains. Brandish is known for being loyal to the king, but also for secretly producing many of the assassins in the king's army. However, these assassins are not always loyal to those who are loyal to the king. Brandish is surrounded by five suburbs that I can name later if interest arises. The other two mining centers in the land are Dullstown and Yeagersville. Dullstown not only specializes in mining but also in trading and melee training. Yeagersville is a huge gold and iron export, although it is one of the roughest and most dangerous cities in the kingdom. Yeagersville is surrounded by three suburbs and Dullstown has four.

Regent Urgos' lands: As said before, Regent Urgos is primarily occupied with the defense of the kingdom from Feneress. This land is known for turning from the central forests that surround the capitol Hipposus into the wetlands and marsh that make up the majority of this land. Regent Urgos' castle resides in Geoffsonburg which is famous for being the area in which the wizard Molinas resides. Unfortunately, this area is also prone to Ogre and Ogre Magi infestations. Geoffsonburg has three suburbs. Besides Mistrolla and its suburbs, there are two significant border cities. Mistrolla is a boarder city with Fenneress and produces many great fighters in the king's army. This is largely in part because there are Ettin that live nearby and many of the fighters are weaned from their barracks in direct confrontation with the Ettin. Mistrolla, and the Fighters of Mistrolla, are responsible for protecting its two suburbs. The other major border city in this land is Nichols. This small, quaint city makes up a significant amount of the kingdom's fishing. This task is so important to the kingdom that one of its two suburbs is named Red Herring.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
As for the specific contents of Endoo's store, you may safely assume that there is a case containing at least one of every weapon in the PHB. In the back room, for those interested enough to explore it, there is also a standard suit of armor available for sale. There are four sets of each kind of light armor, and two sets of medium armor. Unfortunately, heavy armor is sold here, but a sign over the heavier armor reads "Not available through the Regent's loan program." The armor is of generic make, a one-size-fits-all philosophy that uses straps to adjust to the various body shapes. While this type of armor is functional w/o causing any penalties, it is clearly not masterwork quality that has been made with a specific person in mind.

Endoo is only an arms/armor dealer. He does not sell mounts, items of the trade, trail rations, or any other kind of generalized adventuring equipment.

D20Dazza

Explorer
Hiya,

I finally finished off rolling up Bahruul who is posted complete in the RG. One thing I haven't done (ok so he isn't complete ;)) is HPs, I couldn't find how we were handling them in the quick scan I did of the original thread. Got another heads up or me?

Cheers

Daz

Barak

First Post
We rolled them ourselves or took 75% of what we'd have rolled, with 1st dice maxed, of course.

Talking of regular equipment, it would prolly be a huge hassle to find lockpicks at this time. Could Gav make himself some from bits and pieces of metal, probably with a penalty to his open locks for using makeshift tools?

Remove ads