Clutches of Evil - OOC Thread

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Daz - Barak has it right. You can either roll 'em yourself or take the safe way out and to 75% of max (with the first die maxed as usual). I will never argue a character who uses the 75% of max rule, so if you are looking for a safe, easy, and secure method that is what I suggest. I'll check over the character in a few hours when I have more time.

Barak - I'll assume Gav is bright enough to find pieces of useable metal out on the street for free. I'll give him a -2 circumstance bonus with them.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Daz - I checked over the sheet and I have two corrections (1 in your favor and one not) and a "metagaming" question for you. The first correction is on the swim skill. I believe the swim skill gets a double armor check penalty and thus your overall modifier should be lower. The second correction - don't forget that the damage done with a 2-handed weapon is 1.5 times STR mod. So, your damage with the greatsword should be higher, I believe. And now, the metagaming question. If you are going to carry around 3 weapons, why the batleaxe instead of a morningstar? The battleaxe gives you slashing damage - something your greatsword already gives you but at a much higher rate. If you picked up a morningstar, you would get the same damage, but it would be piercing and blugeoning ... thus giving you the ability to do all three types of damage. Granted, the crit mod is lower for the morningstar. Like I said, this is purely a metagaming question - not meant to make you change anything.

D20Dazza

Explorer
Thanks Lethal, I always forget about both of those mods.

I just like the axe man ;)

Oh, and I went the 75% HP option, I've got a low AC and will need everyone of them ;)

Last edited:

Nonlethal Force

First Post
D20Dazza said:
I just like the axe man ;)

I hear ya. I currently run a TWF human ranger who fights with two handaxes (both light and by using the same weapon the WF feat applies to both) has a battleaxe just for show that he straps to his leg but really seldom uses, and has 2 throwing axes for when he can't close in melee. I like the axes, too.

D20Dazza said:
Oh, and I went the 75% HP option, I've got a low AC and will need everyone of them ;)

75% option is always good. Thanks for the updates.

jkason

First Post
On using Pwent in the ruse: I don't think it matters. If we get to the point where one of the big guys is supposed to go off, we're just making a show of it to distract everyone; no real intent to intimidate money out of the merchant, I don't believe.

I suppose our various Bluff bonuses might come into play, though, now that I think of it. Whether Pwent or Bahruul seem to be faking their ourtrage or not, I think the logic is just "Really big man making a scene" will draw people's attention away from our little thieves.

Who knows, we might walk into the bar and the merchant will happily hand over loads of cash 'cause we're all so clearly noble in our quest to find the thieves.

What? It could totally happen. ;)

jason

Nonlethal Force

First Post
jkason said:
Who knows, we might walk into the bar and the merchant will happily hand over loads of cash 'cause we're all so clearly noble in our quest to find the thieves.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! ;)

We now return you to your previously scheduled game....

Bront

The man with the probe
I've already put my +17 diplomacy check to good use. I pitty you :p

Of course, not all the PC's have sworn Fealty to me yet, but I'm working on that ;)

*Returns to his OOC thread*

Remove ads