Eyes Of The Lich Queen OOC

Unkabear

First Post
I began drafting my character and it was destroyed by act of daughter(3) so it may take me a bit longer than I would like. But I will redraft it and have it posted when I can, but it may take a few days. But I will have that up for you soon.

Voda Vosa

First Post
I have re-thought my character after some time... I saw the artificer overview in wizard of the coast page and I really liked it. But I lack of any game related info, just general characteristics. If I were to have such info I would like to try it, if not, a warlck could do the trick ^^

Mista Collins

First Post
Straight rogue is what I was thinking. I tossed around the idea of both the Daggerspell PrC's, but none of them truly fit the style of Rogan. He fits in well with the organization as a whole, but I can't see him going either PrC path.

I even tossed around the idea that he might focus heavily on his training with the daggers, that some of his other skills have gone semi-dormant. This would have resulted in him possibly taking either the Invisible Blade or Master Thrower PrC. I think that would be an interesting idea. But again, I couldn't think of any true reasons why Rogan would go that route. So I decided to go with a straight rogue for now and leave my options open as the game goes on.

I will try to have his background and full stats up for you later tonight. If not, I promise them by tomorrow. How do you feel about the feats Educated (ECS) and Master Linguist (Races of Eberron) for the two bonus feats?

Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
DEFCON 1 said:
Vertexx69: Unfortunately, I've been trying to wrap my mind around your character and how it might fit into Eberron. Since it sounds like you are not familiar with the campaign setting at all, I can tell you that half-dragons, dragonborn, dragon disciples and the like are virtually unheard of (at least in civilized Khorvaire). In fact, one of the most famous NPC villains in the entire setting is a half-dragon lich who became undead because she was persecuted by the elves and dragons for her half-dragon heritage. So in this particular game and where these characters are, I just really can't justify having a dragonborn character in the group. Normally I'd ask you to make some adaptations to the character, but as you've played this specific one before, I wouldn't expect you to really want to do that. Now if you are really interested in playing this game rather than just this character of yours... by all means please feel free to write up another potential character concept and I'd be happy to look at it. But for this game, Battlemaster will have to be a no-go. Sorry. :(

Yah, I just joined a table top, 3rd lvl, eberron game and now know why the dragonborn would not fit in. I could just drop the dragon born portion and have him be a plain cleric of the sivler flame, but I really don't know enough about the world yet to write a compelling way to entwine him into the story. Maybe by the next time you need more players, I'll have a more comprehensive knowledge of the Eberron system. And I'm joining a 5th lvl in person game as well so should have it wired in a couple of months :) (if I can get one of the DMs to stop telling L5R stories during the games that is ;p)

Autumn

First Post
Okay! Finished my first draft of Jina's level 5 character sheet. Let me know what you think.

[sblock=Jina Silversun](Adapted and advanced from Rayex's original sheet, with a few liberties taken)

Jina Silversun
Female Elf
Chaotic Good
Swashbuckler 3/Fighter 2

12 Strength (+1) (4 pts.)
18 Dexterity (+4) (8 pts., +2 Racial, +1 Level)
12 Constitution (+1) (6 pts., -2 Racial)
14 Intelligence (+2) (6 pts.)
8 Wisdom (-1) (0 pts.)
12 Charisma (+1) (4 pts.)

Action Points: 7
BAB: +5
Grapple: +6
HP: 37 (3d10+2d10+5)
Initiative: +4
Speed: 30 ft.
ACP: -0
AC: 21 (+5 Armor, +4 Dex, +1 Shield, +1 Deflection), touch 15, flat-footed 16

Attack:
+1 Elven Thinblade +9 melee (1d8+4, 18-20/x2)
or Masterwork Elven Lightblade +9 melee (1d6+3, 18-20/x2)
or Dagger +8 melee or ranged (1d4+3, 19-20/x2, 10 ft range)
or Masterwork Longbow +9 Ranged (1d8, 20/x3, 100 ft range)

Full Attack:
+1 Elven Thinblade +7 melee (1d8+4, 18-20/x2) and Masterwork Elven Lightblade +7 melee (1d6+3, 18-20/x2)

Notes:

Fort Saves: +5 (+3 Base, +1 Con, +1 Resistance)
Reflex Saves: +9 (+3 Base, +4 Dex, +1 Grace, +1 Resistance)
Will Saves: +1 (+1 Base, -1 Wis, +1 Resistance)

Notes:
Immune to magic sleep effects
+2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells and effects

Feats:
Improved Weapon Familiarity (Bonus Flavor)
Acrobatic (Bonus Flavor)
Weapon Finesse (Bonus Swashbuckler)
Two Weapon Fighting
Two Weapon Defence
Combat Expertise
Improved Disarm

Abilities:
Immune to magic sleep effects
+2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells and effects
Low-light Vision
+2 racial bonus on Listen, Search and Spot checks.
Automatic Search check for hidden doors
Grace (+1)
Insightful Strike

Skills: (44; max ranks 8/4)
+10 Balance (4 ranks +4 Dex +2 Tumble Synergy)
+7 Bluff (6 ranks +1 Cha)
+12 Diplomacy (6 ranks +1 Cha +2 Bluff Synergy +2 Sense Motive Synergy +1 Glamerweave)
+9 Escape Artist (5 ranks +4 Dex)
+12 Jump (7 ranks +1 Str +2 Tumble Synergy, +2 Acrobatic)
+1 Listen (0 ranks -1 Wis +2 Racial)
+4 Search (0 ranks +2 Int +2 Racial)
+4 Sense Motive (5 ranks -1 Wis)
+1 Spot (0 ranks -1 Wis +2 Racial)
+14 Tumble (6 ranks +4 Dex +2 Jump Synergy, +2 Acrobatic)
+11 Use Rope (5 ranks +4 Dex +2 Silk Rope)

Notes:
+2 on Use Rope checks to bind someone
+2 on Escape Artist checks to escape from bindings

Equipment:
+1 Elven Thinblade (3 lbs, 2,400 gp)
Masterwork Elven Lightblade (1 lb, 350 gp)
+1 Mithral Shirt (10 lbs, 2,100 gp)
Ring of Protection +1 (0 lbs, 2,000 gp)
Cloak of Resistance +1 (0 lbs, 1000 gp)
Glamerweave Explorer's Outfit (0 lbs (worn), 110 gp)
Masterwork Longbow (3 lbs, 375 gp)
20x Arrow (3 lbs, 1 gp)
2x Dagger (2 lbs, 4 gp)
Backpack (2 lbs, 2 gp)
-Bullseye Lantern (3 lbs, 12 gp)
-2 pints Oil (2 lbs, 2sp)
-50 ft Silk Rope (5 lbs, 10 gp)
-10x Tindertwig (0 lbs, 10 gp)
-Waterskin (4 lbs, 1 gp)
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds (300 gp)
2x Potion of Cure Light Wounds (100 gp)
Potion of Jump (50 gp)
Oil of Bless Weapon (100 gp)
124.8 gp

Total Weight: 38 lbs (Light Load)

Height: 5'6"
Weight: 130 lbs
Eyes: Dark Brown
Hair: Red
Skin: Tanned[/sblock]

[sblock=Appearance] Jina is a pretty Elven girl with fiery hair and a spare, athletic figure. She walks with a confident swagger and usually wears a mischievous grin that provides a fine accessory to her flashy yet practical outfit. Two finely-wrought Elven blades hang at her hips, and judging by the grace and efficiency with which she moves she knows very well how to use them.[/sblock]

[sblock=History]
[sblock=Original History]
Rayex said:
The fire was burning fiercly in the hearth, and the owls could be heard outside. Jango had his face in a book - as usual - and let loose a small yelp of suprise when his twin sister, Jina, came stomping in through the door. "Tough crowd tonight bro. Mom says you should come and help me keep the peace. They're more affraid of you torching the roof, than me poking their ribs with this." She patted the slim, elegant blade hanging from her hip. "Come on, you can read later, now it is time to work!" With that she turned around and left.
Sighing, Jango carefully puts the old book down on the table and follows his sister downstairs. Indeed, the common room was full as bursting tonight...

Dawn was rapidly arriving, and the last guests had just left a short hour ago. Morinda, the twins mother, ushered the last of the maids and cooks outside as she was beckoning to her kids. "Come, please join me for a bite before sleep. I've had Lina made baked peppers and sweetbread for us. We deserve it, after this night." Wearing a tired smile, she headed upstairs, the twins trailing slowly behind her. The room was as Jango left it, only the fire had died. A few logs and a flick of Morindas wrist later, the fire was burning yet again. They ate for a long while in silence, but finally Jango spoke up. "Mother, did father say anything about what the reason behind the recent raids? I mean, it is all good and well for the Lilac that people gather for comfort and comraderie, but I just feel there is something... off... about the things that are happening." He blushed and shrugged, but looked searchingly at his mother.

Several moments went past before Morinda spoke. "No, he never said a thing about it. He told me he had to help with the defences of the outlying farms, but not for how long..." Jina, prefering to take matters at hand, rather than talk about it for days without end, frowned. "I don't see why we can't just go and chase the lizards off. They're surely not as organized or well equiped as we, are they? And it isn't the first time they have behaved strangely, is it?"
Shaking her head wearily, Morinda agrees. "No, it is not the first time... back when your father and I came through her on our journey, they were acting strangely... We'd been traveling for close to three years, just seeing new places, exploring the world. With my training and your father learning on the road we were safe enough, but when we came here we heard rumours about the lizardfolk. They had been acting strangely, more often seen close to the town, harassing trading caravans and chasing away the lesser boats coming to close. It appeared later that they've had a split in their tribe, and a sort of tribal war was fought, but nothing big, like these ships dissapearing, ever happened back then. Anyway, we decided to stay here, as you were born and we did not want to take you out on the road."

The twins looks at eachother and grins. "Yeah, good thing that was. Seawell is a nice place to grow up, and with you and father to teach us, we could not have had a better time." Jango smiles and throw a little ball of liquid fire into the fireplace, helping the embers warm the room. "I know mother, no magic in the Lilac untill I've learned to controll it better. But I truly believe I am that far now. You won't let me proove it though."
A motherly smile comes to Morindas lips, and she explains. "It is not that I doubt your abilities, but you have not had the strict training I had. You will learn with time, my son. But now, I am going to bed."

They are alone in the room now, and Jina is suddenly grinning. "Hey Jango, let's go and spy on the lizards! We havn't done that in weeks." With that, she runs out of the room and down the stairs, not even bothering to wait for her brothers response. I better go and keep her out of trouble, he thinks, and follow suit.

They're walking down the street, towards one of the gates. One with dark black hair, the other with flaming red. If it weren't for that apparent difference, they would be identical. Almond shaped eyes the color of dark brown, bordering on black. Lithe bodies, walking confidently towards their destiny, allthough unknown to them both - yet.
[/sblock]

Jina could never quite forgive herself for letting Jango and his companions have all the fun without her in that business that started with her brother's abduction. It's not surprising then that when Jango came back full of excuses why he had to leave her behind and journey off on his own, she didn't buy a word of it. She couldn't be sure whether he was lying or whether he actually believed his own nonsense, but she was certain of one thing - this wasn't the brother she'd grown up with. Something had happened, and she was possessed by the certainty that he needed her help.

Of course it's always possible that that was merely a justification for doing what she wanted to do anyway - chasing after her errant sibling and making certain that this time she didn't miss out on all the excitement. [more to come pending consultation with Defcon][/sblock]

Defcon, did you have anything in mind with regard to Jina's journey before she caught up to Jango? As I said before, if there are any plot hooks you want to insert there then please do go ahead. Or else if you have nothing particular in mind, and if you'd prefer, I could just make something up myself to justify the levels she's gained over the interim.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Unkabear: Redraft whenever you can. No rush. Looking forward to seeing Aern!

Mista Collins: Educated and Master Linguist are a-okay with me! And roger that on Rogue 5. As the adventure progresses, another prestige class may or may not present itself and you'll be able to decide then whether you'd want to step into it for level 6 or higher.

Voda Vosa: All the Artificer information is in the Eberron Campaign Setting which you'd probably need to pick up to get everything out of the class that you'd need. As far as warlock is concerned... like I mentioned in an earlier post, if you wanted to use the warlock mechanics to be a "Silver Flame Invoker", I'd be quite all right with that. You'd be a manipulater of eldritch energy from the Silver Flame and a devout member of the church. For more info, go to the wikipedia entry for the Silver Flame HERE, as well as the two Wizards website articles that are linked in the entry.

Vertexx69: Thanx for understanding, and yeah... once you start playing in an Eberron game and experience the more noir-ish aspects of the setting, you'll see why it's not as "open and free" as like Greyhawk or Forgotten Realms. Conspiracy and betrayal are much more prevelant, and a dragonborn just doesn't casually walk down the street. :)

Autumn: Your Jina looks great! Thanx much! As far as what she's been doing... in the two weeks or so(?) the campaign has been running "in-game", she's been spending that time with her father Klim Silversun, the head of the town's militia. She's been training hard in swordfighting in all that time. When I finish up the Warriors of the Coast game with our three current players, I'll be roping Jina into Jango's story so she ends up being ready for you to take over once Eyes of the Lich Queen begin.

Mista Collins

First Post
Rogan ir'_____

Here is the stated portion of Rogan. I'm going to have him a son of one of the lesser noble families. I'm not sure what the last name will be yet, but I'll figure it out. This is what has given him the opportunity to be educated like he is. I will have his appearance, personality and background up later.

[sblock=stat block]Rogan ir'_____
Male Human
Neutral Good
Rogue 5

10 Strength (+0) (2 pts.)
17 Dexterity (+2) (6 pts., +1 Level, +2 magical)
10 Constitution (+0) (2 pts., -2 Racial)
16 Intelligence (+3) (10 pts.)
12 Wisdom (+1) (4 pts.)
12 Charisma (+1) (4 pts.)

Action Points: 7
BAB: +3
Grapple: +4
HP: 20 (5d6)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 30 ft.
ACP: -0
AC: 18 (+5 Armor, +3 Dex), touch 13, flat-footed 18

Attack:
Masterwork Dagger +8 melee/ranged (1d4, 19-20/x2 10ft range)
or Shortbow +6 ranged (1d6, 18-20/x2)

Full Attack:
MW Dagger +6 melee (1d4, 19-20/x2) and MW Dagger +6 melee (1d4, 19-20/x2)

Notes:

Fort Saves: +1 (+1 Base, +0 Con)
Reflex Saves: +7 (+4 Base, +3 Dex)
Will Saves: +2 (+1 Base, +1 Wis)

Notes:
Bonus feat at First level
+4 skill points at first level
+1 skill point every level after 1st.

Feats:
Weapon Focus Dagger (Bonus Flavor)
Educated (Bonus Flavor)
Two Weapon Fighting (Bonus Human)
Master Linguist (1st level)
Weapon Finesse (3rd level)

Abilities:
Sneak attack +3d6
Trapfinding
Evasion
Trap sense +1
Uncanny Dodge

Skills: (96; max ranks 8/4)
+3 Appraise (0 ranks +3 Int)
+10 Balance (5 ranks +3 Dex +2 Tumble Synergy)
+6 Bluff (5 ranks +1 Cha)
+0 Climb (0 ranks +0 Str)
+16 Diplomacy (8 ranks +1 Cha +6 Bluff/Sense Motive/Knowledge (nobility) Synergy, +1 Glamerweave)
+13 Disable Device (8 ranks +3 Int +2 MW Tools)
+1 Disguise (0 ranks +1 Cha)
+3 Escape Artist (0 ranks +3 Dex)
+3 Forgery (0 ranks +3 Int)
+6 Gather Information (5 ranks +1 Cha)
+1 Heal (0 ranks +1 Wis)
+10 Hide (8 ranks +2 Dex)
+3 Intimidate (0 ranks +1 Cha +2 Bluff Synergy)
+7 Jump (5 ranks +0 Str +2 Tumble Synergy)
+9 Knowledge (Nobility & Royalty) (5 ranks, +3 Int +1 Educated)
+9 Knowledge (Architecture & Engineering) (5 ranks, +3 Int +1 Educated)
+5 Listen (4 ranks +1 Wis)
+10 Move Silently (8 ranks +2 Dex)
+12 Open Lock (8 ranks +2 Dex +2 MW Tools)
+2 Ride (0 ranks +2 Dex)
+11/+13 Search (8 ranks +3 Int)
+6 Sense Motive (5 ranks +1 Wis)
+5 Spot (4 ranks +1 Wis)
+0 Swim (0 ranks +0 Str)
+10 Tumble (5 ranks +3 Dex +2 Jump Synergy
+5 Use Rope (0 ranks +3 Dex +2 Silk Rope)

Notes:
+2 to Search when looking for secret doors or compartments
+2 to Disguise when trying to act in character

Equipment:
+1 Mithril Shirt (10 lbs, 2,100 gp)
2 Masterwork Daggers (2 lbs, 604 gp)
Gloves of Dexterity +2 (0 lbs, 4,000 gp)
2 belt pouches (1 lbs, 2 gp)
Heward's Handy Haversack (5 lbs, 2,000 gp)
- MW Thieves Tools (2 lbs, 100 gp)
- Bedroll (5 lbs, 1 sp)
- Signal Whistle (0 lbs, 8 sp)
- Rope, silk 50' (5 lbs, 10gp)
- Waterskin (full) (4 lbs, 1gp)
- Whetstone (1 lbs, 2cp)
- 5 pieces of chalk (0 lbs, 5cp)
- Inkpen (0 lbs, 1sp)
- Ink Vial ( olbs, 8 gp)
- 2 Scrollcases (1 lbs, 2gp)
- 10 peices of paper (0 lbs, 4 gp)
Glamerweave Explorer's Outfit (7 lbs (worn), 110 gp)
Shortbow (2 lbs, 30 gp)
20x Arrow (3 lbs, 1 gp)
2x Dagger (2 lbs, 4 gp)
22 gp
9 sp
3 cp

Total Weight: 32/33 lbs (Light Load)
[/sblock]

[sblock=appearance]Age: 20
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 165 lbs
Eyes: Green
Hair: Light Copper Brown
Skin: Tanned

With a smile, the younger gentleman sits on the forest floor cleaning the dirt from under his nails with one of his daggers. Even as he sits there, his glamerweave clothing seems to shift between hues of black, silver, and blue. Next to him on the ground sits a small haversack made of blackened leather.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Unkabear

First Post
Just for the record as I believe a bard is flamboyant I will have a couple of colors for my text. Each will be for a different major persona/cover. My main color will simply be Blue. But for the others as I will be freely moving between them as the situation seems fit.

Aern
Friar/Pilgrim
Soldier/Merchant Guard ect.
Female Bard/most female persona's

There may be others poping up, but those will be the big ones. I am not trying to step on anyones toes, but this will make it easier for me.

Unkabear

First Post
Here is the beginning. There is still more to do, but it is a start.
Aern
[sblock]
Aern
Race: Changeling
Class/Level: Bard 5
Alignment: Neutral
Size:Medium
Height: variable
Weight: variable around 130
Speed: 30’ walk

Str 10 +0
Dex 12 +1
Con 12 +1
Int 14 +2
Wis 10 +0
Cha 16 +3

Fort 2 = 1+1
Ref 5 = 4+1
Will 4 = 4+0

BAB +3 Ranged +4 Grapple +3

AC 11 = 0 + 1

HP 25

Weapons & Damage

Code:
[B]Skills[/B]	                    total      ranks	     skill mod										
Balance (Dex)	              [B]5[/B]	=	4	+	1	+	
Bluff (Cha)	              [B]7[/B]	=	4	+	3	+	
Concentration (Con)	      [B]9[/B] =	8	+	1	+	
Diplomacy (Cha)	              [B]7[/B]	=	4	+	3	+	
Disguise (Cha)	             [B]11[/B]	=	8	+	3	+	
Escape Artist (dex)           [B]4[/B]	=	3	+	1	+	
Gather Information (Cha)      [B]7[/B]	=	4	+	3	+	
Listen (Wis)	              [B]4[/B]	=	4	+		+	
Perform (Cha)	             [B]11[/B]	=	8	+	3	+	
       (Stringed Instraments)
Sense Motive (Wis)	      [B]8[/B]	=	8	+		+
Sleight of Hand (Dex)	      [B]5[/B]	=	4	+	1	+
Tumble (Dex)	              [B]6[/B]	=	5	+	1	+
			64 Total Skill Points

Magic Items Cost & Book

Vestment of many styles 500 Races of Eberron
Magic Bedroll 500 MIC
Everfull Mug 200 MIC
Everlasting Feedbag 800 MIC
Everlasting Rations 350 MIC
Eternal Wand of Cure Light Wounds 820 MIC
Handy Haversack 2000 DMG
Eq
Masterwork Lute
Masterwork Mandolin
Masterwork Fiddle
Dagger
Club
Short Sword
Candle
Chalk 3 pieces
Flint & Steel
Mirror Small Steel
Oil (1-pint flask)(x2)
Sewing Needle
Whetstone
Ever Burning Torch
Explorers Outfit
Travelers Outfit

feats
(Flavor)Improved Unarmed Strike – PHB, (Flavor)Investigate – ECS, 1st Extended music – Cad, 3rd Song of the Heart – ECS

Bard Spells
[sblock]
0 level
Dancing Lights
Mending
Prestidigitation
Ghost Sound
Detect Magic
Mage Hand

1st level
Distort Speech
Cure Light Wounds
Expeditious Retreat
Feather Fall

2nd level
Detect Thoughts
Shatter
Insidious Rhythm
[/sblock]

Bard special abilities
[sblock]
Bardic Knowledge
A bard may make a special bardic knowledge check with a bonus equal to his bard level + his Intelligence modifier to see whether he knows some relevant information about local notable people, legendary items, or noteworthy places. (If the bard has 5 or more ranks in Knowledge (history), he gains a +2 bonus on this check.)
A successful bardic knowledge check will not reveal the powers of a magic item but may give a hint as to its general function. A bard may not take 10 or take 20 on this check; this sort of knowledge is essentially random.
DC Type of Knowledge
10 Common, known by at least a substantial minority of the local population.
20 Uncommon but available, known by only a few people legends.
25 Obscure, known by few, hard to come by.
30 Extremely obscure, known by very few, possibly forgotten by most who once knew it, possibly known only by those who don’t understand the significance of the knowledge.
Bardic Music
Once per day per bard level, a bard can use his song or poetics to produce magical effects on those around him (usually including himself, if desired). While these abilities fall under the category of bardic music and the descriptions discuss singing or playing instruments, they can all be activated by reciting poetry, chanting, singing lyrical songs, singing melodies, whistling, playing an instrument, or playing an instrument in combination with some spoken performance. Each ability requires both a minimum bard level and a minimum number of ranks in the Perform skill to qualify; if a bard does not have the required number of ranks in at least one Perform skill, he does not gain the bardic music ability until he acquires the needed ranks.
Starting a bardic music effect is a standard action. Some bardic music abilities require concentration, which means the bard must take a standard action each round to maintain the ability. Even while using bardic music that doesn’t require concentration, a bard cannot cast spells, activate magic items by spell completion (such as scrolls), spell trigger (such as wands), or command word. Just as for casting a spell with a verbal component, a deaf bard has a 20% chance to fail when attempting to use bardic music. If he fails, the attempt still counts against his daily limit.
Countersong (Su)
A bard with 3 or more ranks in a Perform skill can use his music or poetics to counter magical effects that depend on sound (but not spells that simply have verbal components). Each round of the countersong, he makes a Perform check. Any creature within 30 feet of the bard (including the bard himself) that is affected by a sonic or language-dependent magical attack may use the bard’s Perform check result in place of its saving throw if, after the saving throw is rolled, the Perform check result proves to be higher. If a creature within range of the countersong is already under the effect of a noninstantaneous sonic or language-dependent magical attack, it gains another saving throw against the effect each round it hears the countersong, but it must use the bard’s Perform check result for the save. Countersong has no effect against effects that don’t allow saves. The bard may keep up the countersong for 10 rounds.
Fascinate (Sp)
A bard with 3 or more ranks in a Perform skill can use his music or poetics to cause one or more creatures to become fascinated with him. Each creature to be fascinated must be within 90 feet, able to see and hear the bard, and able to pay attention to him. The bard must also be able to see the creature. The distraction of a nearby combat or other dangers prevents the ability from working. For every three levels a bard attains beyond 1st, he can target one additional creature with a single use of this ability.
To use the ability, a bard makes a Perform check. His check result is the DC for each affected creature’s Will save against the effect. If a creature’s saving throw succeeds, the bard cannot attempt to fascinate that creature again for 24 hours. If its saving throw fails, the creature sits quietly and listens to the song, taking no other actions, for as long as the bard continues to play and concentrate (up to a maximum of 1 round per bard level). While fascinated, a target takes a -4 penalty on skill checks made as reactions, such as Listen and Spot checks. Any potential threat requires the bard to make another Perform check and allows the creature a new saving throw against a DC equal to the new Perform check result.
Any obvious threat, such as someone drawing a weapon, casting a spell, or aiming a ranged weapon at the target, automatically breaks the effect. Fascinate is an enchantment (compulsion), mind-affecting ability.
Inspire Courage (Su)
A bard with 3 or more ranks in a Perform skill can use song or poetics to inspire courage in his allies (including himself), bolstering them against fear and improving their combat abilities. To be affected, an ally must be able to hear the bard sing. The effect lasts for as long as the ally hears the bard sing and for 5 rounds thereafter. An affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls. At 8th level, and every six bard levels thereafter, this bonus increases by 1 (+2 at 8th, +3 at 14th, and +4 at 20th). Inspire courage is a mind-affecting ability.
Inspire Competence (Su)
A bard of 3rd level or higher with 6 or more ranks in a Perform skill can use his music or poetics to help an ally succeed at a task. The ally must be within 30 feet and able to see and hear the bard. The bard must also be able to see the ally.
The ally gets a +2 competence bonus on skill checks with a particular skill as long as he or she continues to hear the bard’s music. Certain uses of this ability are infeasible. The effect lasts as long as the bard concentrates, up to a maximum of 2 minutes. A bard can’t inspire competence in himself. Inspire competence is a mind-affecting ability.

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Actually, choosing colors is a good point. And in that regard, unfortunately Unkabear, Ari Osten is already using blue, so you'll need to select something else for Aern's main color.

Here are the colors already selected:

Ari Osten - Royal Blue
Khalia ir'Indari - Sienna
Jango Silversun - Yellow
Skarghash - Dark Orchid

Rogan ir'____ - Dark Orange
Aern - Lime
Jina Silversun - XXXX

And Voda Vosa... have you made any decisions yet on what you're planning? The shugenja? The warlock? An Artificer?

Last edited:

Remove ads