TCotM: Rinaldo Gets Schooled

Velmont

First Post
"Sorry if you find them too honeyed, that must be an habit from my profession. My client generally like that. As I told you, time is at stack and all I ask you is to speak to Elle. If I lie and Elektra story is true, it means Elle will know it. She won't be fooled. Anyway, I cannot do any more harm and even if I try, I'll be raosted by you and your student. Just let's not lose any more time."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Damned Gundar, I'm trying to save his creation, can't he be of some help :p

Rinaldo just want to speak to Laynie. He is powerless in front of so many wizard, not counting all those magical wards. With that, he will attempt to Innuendo a message to her... come on! I can do it.[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
"That sounds like a reasonable request, but in making it you didn't answer my question, Mr. di Senzio. Also, before I contact Gundar, you should know that I already know who Elle is, Mr. di Senzio, which invalidates part of your story. Care to change it any? If I talk to Gundar and find that you are telling the truth, then I will let you see Elle--I trust a god of supreme law to be truthftul."

Velmont

First Post
"If you trust Gundar, ask him if you should help me or hinder me. I think his answer to that question will satisfy you." suggests Rinaldo, keeping a tone that would no offence the headmistress, hoping the god will be on his side. After all, he is trying to save his creation and have put his soul in garantee to save his follower. He also hopethat the headmistress will understand if he keep some secrets from her, it is for some good reason.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I can only ask yes or no questions, and that one is underspecific enough that he will almost certainly say 'it depends', since the details of the aid are unspecified," the Housemistress points out, "I know that Elle is Laynie and Elayna Valsice's daughter, and I know that something happened to age her--considering that, you have to realise that Elektra's story becomes slightly less unreasonable with that knowledge, and yours becomes demonstrably false."

Velmont

First Post
"I thought the help is pretty clear. All I asked you is to allow me to talk to Elle, nothing more. Which help would you give me over that?" asks Rinaldo, wondering what else she would be ready to do.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"That depends, of course, on what the actual truth is," the Housemistress points out, "It seems to me that if what Elektra says is true, then I have a responsibility to take care of it. And if you are going to keep dodging the question, I am going to be forced to conclude that she has it correct. Recall that I can also ask Gundar if her story is right, you know. If he says 'Yes', then I know. I get to ask him a large number of questions--wouldn't you prefer I asked him one that would help you?"

Velmont

First Post
"Ask him if I should speak to Laynie. She knows the truth and it is to her to decide of what is coming, no one else. Not Elektra, not you, not me. That's my opinion. I trust Gundar, and I trust Laynie." tells Rinaldo

Rystil Arden

First Post
"You're asking a little girl in a teen's body to make an important life-altering choice? That is hardly a responsible idea. We don't even let girls her age drink alcohol. And if Elektra is correct, you may be operating on a web of lies. You do know that Elayna Valsice at her worst was a consummate liar, right? She was...she could be a good person as well, but if Elektra is correct and you claim to be facing a consolidation of all her worst qualities, don't you think it would pay to discuss the situation with someone who understands? Oh, that's right--if Elektra is correct, you have that contract or what-have-you. Well, I already heard it from Elektra through you, so the damage is done. It can't hurt you any more to confirm the truth."

Velmont

First Post
"Fine. I'll tell you the whole truth, but in front of Laynie. Once I'll have told it, you could ask Gundar if I have told a single lie and make your judgement on that. But you seems to give little credit to Laynie. That girls know more in magical theory than most of the wizards I've met. She has judgment. She is not a girl like the others, and you know it." tells Rinaldo

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: You got lucky on the last Diplomacy roll I did for you ;) It doesn't even make any sense for her to do that, since she considers it likely that she already knows the correct story via Elektra, and she can just ask Gundar to ensure this, not needing Rinaldo at all)

"You are in no position to...oh, I suppose it doesn't matter. I'll tell Laynie to come here. Tell me, do you know who I am, Mr. di Senzio?"

Remove ads