TCotM: Rinaldo Gets Schooled

Velmont

First Post
"I want to tell it to Laynie's too. I'll wait for her if you don't mind." tells Rinaldo, taking a sip of water then putting some on a small piece of cloth that he puts on his burn.

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo stay silent for a minute, the only thing he do is to put some water on his wound. "Its was like that:

'Blind man's bluff
Sure enough
Clinging from the edge of oblivion
Mortals cannot tread
Where devils led
Enchantment lost to the pursuit
Of folly
Follow the path of hope
Follow the path of destruction
And rain will wash away the stain.'"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Do you have context for any of this? I think the key is deciphering it. Did it appear written or spoken? Sometimes you can mishear it if it is spoken aloud."

Velmont

First Post
"It was Gundar who tell us that. His voice had fill the room. The ghostly voice had the timber of the earth.

But what you might wan to know, it is the true wording of the question too... let me remember..."
Rinaldo take a few moment to gather his thoughts.

"How can we proceed to neutralize this tower and save the six members of this party who has entered the tower?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I see. Let's see--the first part seems to be talking about a bluff and lack of knowledge or desperation."

"As for devils, there are a number of things to which that could refer, though I have some ideas. You said you signed a soul contract? I thought only devils and their ilk could make those binding?"

"Enchantment might mean the magical school of Enchantment. Elayna Valsice eschewed Enchantment through her studies in Transmutation and Necromancy."

"I don't know this path of Hope thing, except you named some of these...aspects that sound like concepts. Were any named Hope or Destruction? I don't see how it could help to make it rain, so that must be metaphorical also."

Velmont

First Post
"Elpis is among the aspects." answers Rinaldo. "I have an idea, but they are among the things I want Laynie to hear. I suppose she will eb here soon, so we can wait for her."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"She should be here in seconds, though if you're thinking about teleporting her out as soon as she appears, think again," Rayne pours another cup of tea, and indeed, Laynie walks in briefly thereafter.

Remove ads