Pathfinder 1E Leif's Questing Knights - L10 Pfdr Rpg [OOC 01] [Full]

Rathan

First Post
Hey Leif ltns... are you in need of a healer-y type I'd love to play a cleric of some ilk if you would like/need another!

Leif

Adventurer
Any objections to Rathan joining? Our party is already overfilled and bloated, so I see no harm in adding one more. Rathan first played in my short-lived game that was some quasi-horror-type module or other. I remember Rhun also playing in that one.

Rathan

First Post
No hard feelings if there are "no's" here folks... I know a large team on a PbP can bog things down tremendously but I'd like a crack at a high'ish level healery type...

Leif

Adventurer
For what it's worth, Rathan, we've already got the largest PbP party that I've ever DMed for. I don't think one more will make that much difference, but I guess we shall see what the others say.....

Leif

Adventurer
Also for what it's worth, Rathan, the addition of you to the party will make nine PCs instead of eight, so you can plainly see our present bloat.

And here's the present party and starting funds, FYI:

Players [characters]:
Scott DeWar [Johann Klaus the Damned, Human, Fighter10, C/G] -- looking for a Griffon mount
Helfdan [Eldran Hawkshand, Human, Ranger10, N/G]
Red Knight [Dior Targarin, Elf, Ranger10, C/G]
Kaodi [Hrain of the Road, Human, Inquisitor10, N/G]
Yttermayn [Sozin, Kayal (Fetchling), Oracle10, C/G ]
Scotley [Yurei Cadivere, Tiefling, Druid1/Wizard9, N (with C/G tendencies)]
Mowgli [Ero Batzuen, Tiefling, Alchemist10, C/N]
Lou [Dontrius, Human, Fighter1/Sorcerer1/Magus8, N/G] -- bladebound magus ;-)

Starting Gold = 62,000 GP

AND, for ease of navigation, I just put links to the other two threads in the First Post of each thread.

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
I'm basing this off the first Character Gen Thread where it's a 20 point buy for a core class/race build.

[sblock=Ulgar Kemfos]Ulgar Kemfos
NG Human Cleric (Clr 10)

Str 14 +2 (5 pts)
Dex 10 +0 (0 pts)
Con 14 +2 (0 pts, +4 Enhancement)
Int 10 +0 (0 pts)
Wis 18 +4 (10 pts, +2 Human)
Cha 16 +3 (5 pts, +1 4th, +1 8th)

AC: 26 (10 + 12 Armor, 3 Shield, 1 Deflection)
Flat Footed: 26
Touch: 11
HP: 73 [sblock=Rolls]9d8+18=63[/sblock]
Init: +0
Percep: +4 (Wis)

Save: Total Base Abil Misc
Fort: +10 +7 +0 +3
Refl: +6 +3 +0 +3
Will: +14 +7 +4 +3

BAB: +7/+2
CMB: +9 (+7 BAB, +2 Str)
CMD: 19 (+7 BAB, +2 Str, +10)
Speed: 30 ( 30 Base, +10 from boots, -10 Med encumb)

Special Abilities:
Aura: Good
Channel Enegry (5d6, DC 20, 8/day): 30 ft radius positive energy burst centered on the cleric as a standard action
Domains:
Healing (Rebuke Death 6/day: 1d4+5 healing to creatures 0 hp or lower, All Healing Spells are considered empowered),
Sun (Clr level extra dmg dealt to undead when channeling positive energy to harm them, can emit a 30 ft radi nimbus of light as daylight spell, undead take clr level in dmg per round that remain inside nimbus 10 rounds/day)
Orisons: Can cast 0th level spells known at will
Spontaneous Casting

Weapon Attacks:

Feats: (6)
Human: Selective Channeling (Choose up to 3 targets not effected by your channeling)
1st: Alignment Channel [Evil] (Heal/Harm outsiders of evil alignment)
3rd: Extra Channel (channel 2 extra times per day)
5th: Heavy Armor Prof (Allows the use of heavy armor)
7th: Improved Channel (+2 DC to channeling pos energy)
9th: Spell Penetration (+2 to rolls to overcome SR)

Skills: (Misc is the bns you get for putting ranks in the skill [2 per level x 10 levels= 20 total SP])

Appraise +4 (+1 Rank, +0 Int, +3 CS)
Craft [Armor] +4 (+1 Rank, +0 Int, +3 CS)
Diplomacy +8 (+2 Rank, +3 Cha, +3 CS)
Heal +9 (+2 Rank, +4 Wis, +3 CS)
Knowledge (Arcana) +5 (+2 Rank, +0 Int, +3 CS)
Knowledge (Hist) +5 (+2 Rank, +0 Int, +3 CS)
Knowledge (Plane) +5 (+2 Rank. +0 Int, +3 CS)
Knowledge (Relig) +5 (+2 Rank, +0 Int, +3 CS)
Linguistics +5 (+2 Rank, +0 Int, +3 CS)
Sense Motive +8 (+1 Rank, +4 Wis, +3 CS)
Spellcraft +6 (+3 Rank, +0 Int, +3 CS)

Gear: (61,428 gp total) 572 gp remains
+3 Platemail (10,800 gp)
+1 Heavy Steel Shield (1,320 gp)
+1 Morning Star if Shock (8,308 gp)
Belt of Mighty Constitution [+4] (16,000 gp)
Boots of Striding and Springing (5,500 gp)
Cloak of Resistance [+3] (16,000 gp)
Ring of Protection +1 (2,000 gp)
Wand of CLW's x2 [1d8+1 Healing] (1,500 gp)

Lang:
Common

History:
Ulgar stands a tall and slightly slender man of just over six feet tall, his hair a flowing and long brown and eyes of the deepest cobalt blue. His armor his distinctly ornate and etched and carved with ancient scripture of his patron deity along with his helm and shield matching the same golden inlay motif.

Ulgar since an early age had always been gifted in the ability to channel is energies in the arts of healing. As a child it was mostly uncontrolled but being a mostly harmless ability this was mostly revered as diving blessing upon his soul than a gift one could learn to control. As time progressed though his parents turned his attentions to the teachings of the church and it was hear Ulgar learned he could hone his abilities not only to heal the meek and wounded but bane those of the undeath and blasphemous. Years past as Ulgar honed and masters his abilities as a priest of seasoned ilk.

It was not long after his training ended at the temple that Ulgar began to assist stalwart adventurers that would delve into old and famed cave, caverns, and citadels here and there when he was able. Each time he would return it would come back with a new token of an experienced adventurer, a suit of mail here, and a ring or something of it's like there. It was not long before a number of years past and his collection of extremely rare and valuable items grew to the point he could be considered an adventurer of his own right and could be the one to take another into delve himself and for this he considered himself lucky. Ulgar now looks elsewhere for another quest to further his knowledge and experience for the good of those around and himself.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
I'm having a small problem figuring out what you're calling 'Misc' on your character's skills. I think that +3 bonus is for choosing training in skills that are found on your CLASS SKILL list. However, you have applied it to some skills that I'm pretty sure are not on the cleric class skill list, like Craft [armor]. I think you'd better take another look at this and either make some changes or else explain to me what's going on here. Mowgli, feel free to chime in if you have pertinent input.

Rathan

First Post
I'm having a small problem figuring out what you're calling 'Misc' on your character's skills. I think that +3 bonus is for choosing training in skills that are found on your CLASS SKILL list. However, you have applied it to some skills that I'm pretty sure are not on the cleric class skill list, like Craft [armor]. I think you'd better take another look at this and either make some changes or else explain to me what's going on here. Mowgli, feel free to chime in if you have pertinent input.

Yes the +3 is indeed from formal training in the skill... and I submit this for approval directly from the pathfinder core rules...

Class Skills
The cleric’s class skills are Appraise (Int),Craft (Int),
Diplomacy (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (arcana) (Int),
Knowledge (history) (Int), Knowledge (nobility) (Int),
Knowledge (planes) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int),
Linguistics (Int), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), and
Spellcraft (Int).
Skill Ranks per Level: 2 + Int modifier.

I assure you craft is on the list here so I just chose one

Last edited:

Remove ads