• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

airwalkrr's Rise of the Runelords (OOC)

airwalkrr

Adventurer
My Rogue is ready for review, but I can't figure out how to save a bio. I'm placing it here for now. I left it pretty vague since I didn't know how you plan to bring us together.

Vandalin or Van is of Chelaxian decent his ancestors having long since immigrated to the Varisian colonies. He has the dark hair and eyes as well as the sharp features of those folk. His father ran a mercantile concern while his mother was a Wizardess of minor skill at the Twilight Academy. His early years in Galduria were simple enough, the family was doing well and he had tutors to give him a good education, though young Van showed little interest in Magic or shopkeeping. When he was in his early teens the family moved to Magnimar as his mother was interested in study at the Stone of Seers. But those of Chelaxian decent where not so welcome in Magnimar and young Vandalin was forced to live by his wits and learn to defend himself. His father struggled to make his business a success in such a hostile realm and his mother was busy with her studies. Van spent more and more time on his own often getting into trouble. He was also fascinated by the many ancient monuments here. He learned to read the writings on them from his mother. But it was then that his mother died during a magical experiment here and Van and his father fled one step ahead of their creditors on a boat to Riddleport. At least here people cared little about who you were. Van’s father was more successful here, but Van found the streets even more challenging. He developed skills here and sought thrills among thieves and vagabonds, but never wholly gave himself over to crime. His parents had instilled in him a sense of what was right and good even if he failed to adopt the traditional Chelaxian faith in laws and rules. He did continue to dream of striking it rich. He also began to take an interest in what might lay beneath the monuments that dot the landscape. As he grew toward adulthood he left his father’s home and began to travel and seek his fortune. He survived doing odd jobs where ever a fellow who was handy with sword or bow might be needed and going from ruin to monument exploring and hoping to find some fabulous long buried treasure. Always seeking thrills and adventure Van has come to Sandpoint to explore the ancient ruined lighthouse here.

Van is a lean shape featured young man who moves with wiry grace. He favors well-made clothes and a quality chain shirt, but often covers them with a hooded cloak. He wears a pair of short swords and a bow. His pack is filled with items need to pursue his penchant for exploration, rope, tools, light sources and supplies. He is a pleasant well-spoken young man and is equally comfortable chatting with bar patrons or scholars.
Review Notes
  • Languages: Perhaps I am overlooking something or simply not familiar enough with Pathfinder rules or the Golarian setting. Are characters in Golarian assumed to gain their region's language or their heritage language as a bonus language? Otherwise it looks like Vandalin has an extra language. Edit: Not that regional languages are going to come into play all that much in this campaign except as flavor. But I would like to know if there is such a rule.
  • Skills: I suggest checking off all your class skills, even if you don't have ranks in them.
  • Skills: The way I interpret it, Trapfinding provides a +1/2 class level bonus to all Disable Device checks, so it is not conditional. Only the Perception bonus is conditional. So you can add +1 to the misc column for Disable Device.
  • Skills: Add your mwk chain shirt's ACP of -1 to all skills with ACP in the misc column.
  • Carrying Capacity: This field needs to be filled in.
  • Inventory: Most items are missing their weights. These need to be filled in.
  • Inventory: By my count you should have 25 gp, 8 sp, 5 cp
  • Inventory: You have a bow, but it doesn't seem you've purchased any arrows.
Everything else looks good. I like the background a lot as it really ties your character to the region and gives him a homeland to fight for. You might wish to discuss with your fellow players how your characters met up and add that in.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
That's a great point, Mowgli, and I encourage everyone to take one of these campaign traits. While I am limiting your characters to one trait (or archetype, favored class option, etc.) instead of the usual limit of two, you are still allowed to take one of the campaign traits in the AE Player's Guide in addition to your other character option. So no one has anything to lose by taking one of these traits. It is essentially a freebie.

Hmmm, I misunderstood that! OK, another minor rework is in order :)

Shayuri

First Post
The ones from the player's guide... The old player's guide, not the anniversary one.

There's a series of regional feats there.

It may be that the anniversary PG replaces those with the special traits. It doesn't mention them at all though, so I can't tell if the traits are meant to be in addition to one of those feats, or instead of them.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I did not see any feats in either player's guide, but I will give it a second look. At any rate, if there are feats in the original player's guide they must be taken as normal feats; they are not freebies. However they are available even if you choose the core only option. The player's guides are the only exception to the rule. Also, I believe it is the intent for a single player to have no more than one trait from the AEPG.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Sorry folks. Internet was out at my place for a few days. Just got restored. I'll get to work on the new character sheet review now.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Duko Wrag is done and ready for review.
Review Notes
  • Languages: This field is empty and needs to be filled out. Looks like just Common and Orc will be his languages since his Int mod is +0.
  • Traits: I cannot find where the giant slayer trait is located. Would you please cite the source and page number?
  • Inventory: Please detail the contents of the summoner's kit in the inventory to save time on reference.
  • Eidolon: What is the purpose of "(x2)" after the claws and improved damage evolutions? This seems to imply you have taken the evolution twice, but obviously you don't have the EPs.

In all, I don't really seem many changes that need to be made, just some clarifications. Good work, and I like the artwork you picked.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Right now I am awaiting on [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION], [MENTION=29558]Mowgli[/MENTION], [MENTION=2469]rangerjohn[/MENTION], and [MENTION=28453]J. Alexander[/MENTION] to complete their characters. Shayuri and Mowgli have at least started characters on OP, so I am simply awaiting a request for review; if your character already done and ready for review just let me know here. rangerjohn has accepted the invite to OP, but has yet to post a character. J. Alexander has not sent me an OP screen name or a PM with his email so I have not been able to send him an the invite to OP nor has he posted to this thread since Oct 2. I will give him three days from this post to respond, otherwise the spot will go to [MENTION=30016]SelcSilverhand[/MENTION], assuming he is still interested. If SelcSilverhand is not interested and J. Alexander does not respond, I will re-open recruiting until we get a sixth, but I will start up the IC as soon as the five players who have accepted the invite to OP have completed characters. [MENTION=11520]Scotley[/MENTION] and [MENTION=24234]kinem[/MENTION], please respond to your review notes for your characters and make corrections where necessary.

So that's an overview of where we are at this point.

Remove ads