D&D 5E DMG Preview: POISONS!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Another day, another preview!

poison1.jpgpoison2.jpg

toasterferret

Explorer
Interesting. While of limited use to PCs, some of those damage poisons could be great in the arsenal of enemies. It would be a neat adventure to go against a master poisoner who equipts all of his cronies with poisoned crossbow bolts.

One thing im really digging about 5e are the numerous ways that you can manage to keep low level enemies relevant in mid to high level adventures.

I don't see where it says that a poisoned is exhausted from a weapon after the first attack, and the basic poison in the PHB suggests it might be good for a full minute. Is it possible that Purple Worm and Wyvern poison might turn you into a combat monster with insane damage potential for an entire combat?

toasterferret

Explorer
Thats true. I wonder if there will be an eratta or expanded rules. Either way those poisons are costly. I wonder how they will fall into the spectrum of consumable damage, healing/gp.

Zaran

Adventurer
So does it still take value/25 to figure out the days to make poison? 80 days to make the most expensive poison?

rjfTrebor

Banned
Banned
everyone knows gnomes are doubly susceptible to any sort of pathogen or illness. in my games, they all died of the flu.

i don't really like the GP-based crafting system. all it does is make the players count downtime days.

Remove ads