Metahuman College-Issue one: College bound [IC]

Dark Nemesis

First Post
-James Dunbar
New York, New York
16:25, August 2, 2003

The receptionist types a few more words on her keyboard before turning slowly to look at James. She looks him up and down, taking in his dark attire, his eyes hidden behind sunglasses, and his apparent nervousness. At last, she says “It’s on the 17th floor, the second office on the left. Here, let me get someone to show you where it is.” With that said, she gestures toward one of the security guards who had been standing near the doors.

-Watching Cloud Rice
Madison Public Library
Madison, Wisconsin
15:51, August 2, 2003

The girl beamed and nodded her head, choosing to answer Cloud’s second question first. “I don’t mind! You can join me.” She watched as Cloud took her seat, regarding her with wide brown eyes. Those eyes… they seemed to contain a depth of wisdom, not ordinarily found in children. “I did not come here to see the man. I came here to see you.”

-Mai Hoshiko
15:50, Aug. 2, 2003
Tokyo, Japan

Ken is clearly caught off guard by Hoshiko’s surprise; this much is evident when the rest of the ‘people’ vanish as well, leaving them alone in the classroom. “Sumimasen ne! Excuse me for my assumption. I thought you might have powers too.” He is at a loss for a moment, before adding weakly, “I hear they have a great academic program… uhm….”

Synchronicity

First Post
Dark Nemesis said:
-James Dunbar
New York, New York

The receptionist types a few more words on her keyboard before turning slowly to look at James. She looks him up and down, taking in his dark attire, his eyes hidden behind sunglasses, and his apparent nervousness. At last, she says “It’s on the 17th floor, the second office on the left. Here, let me get someone to show you where it is.” With that said, she gestures toward one of the security guards who had been standing near the doors.

James' eyes narrow behind the sunglasses.

"That's not necessary."

Assuming the receptionist doesn't press the matter, James is about to head towards the elevators when he suddenly turns back to the woman, his demeanour that of one who has forgotten something.

"Thank you."

James' words have no emotion or sincerity behind them; he speaks them because they are expected, but these days, James' gratitude is in very short supply. James moves towards the elevators, still alert for anything out of the ordinary.

Just keep an eye on those security guards..man, I hate elevators. No room to maneuver. Still, I can't exactly walk up seventeen flights of stairs just because I don't like them. 17th floor, 2nd office on the left..

As James reaches the elevator, he falters in his walk for a moment as a sharp stab of pain crosses behind his eyes.
Ow! Dammit! I'd better do this quick..don't like having to stay this keyed-up for longer than necessary. The side-effects are painful.

Unless something happens to forstall him, James will enter one of the elevators and begin his journey to the 17th floor.

(ooc: James will maintain his Super-Dexterity for the duration of his presence in the building or until something convinces him it is no longer justified.)

Last edited:

Dark Nemesis

First Post
-Jonn Birkey
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
16:45, August 2, 2003

The University of Pittsburgh has a sizeable campus; as such, it is no small task to locate the Mathematics and Sciences building, where Jonn’s meeting is to take place. Still, he manages to find the building, with fifteen minutes remaining before his meeting is supposed to start.

As Jonn entered the building, he would find himself in a hallway. On his right was a comfortable-looking sitting area, separated from the hallway by a half-wall. To his left there was only a blank wall, and several feet in front of him he could see an intersection of hallways. A few feet beyond that was a stairway leading upward. The only person visible was a janitor who was mopping the sitting-area, apparently getting a head start on his duties for the evening.

Luckily, a sign near the door helped alleviate any confusion. It read:

First Floor: Classrooms 101-120
Second Floor: Classrooms 201-220
Third Floor: Labs 301-305
Fourth Floor: Offices 401-430

According to your invitation, the meeting was to take place in office 325.

-Marcus Stevens
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Though it is a Saturday, there are an unusual number of people milling about; perhaps it is because the new semester would be starting within the next few days. Luckily, Marcus had taken a few classes in the Math and Science building before, so he knew exactly where it was. Despite the unusual amount of traffic, both vehicular and pedestrian, Marcus finds himself standing in front of his destination with fifteen minutes remaining before his meeting.

Rybaer

First Post
Madison Public Library
Madison, Wisconsin

Dark Nemesis said:
The girl beamed and nodded her head, choosing to answer Cloud’s second question first. “I don’t mind! You can join me.” She watched as Cloud took her seat, regarding her with wide brown eyes. Those eyes… they seemed to contain a depth of wisdom, not ordinarily found in children. “I did not come here to see the man. I came here to see you.”

"Me?" Cloud asks, genuinely puzzled. "Are you here with Mr. Pike, then? Are you with the Greenwood Academy?"

Calinon

First Post
Hoshiko blinks again and looks around the now empty classroom. "You did all that? At once? Alone?" she asks in rapid succession. "Wow! Did you have to create each person or did you create them all at once? I thought that there were too many people here," she says, obviously impressed with the show, though still unwilling to show her other persona.

"I know about metahumans," she says with what she hopes is a reassuring smile. "Sorry if I made you uncomfortable, but I just don't think I've ever met one before now." At least another one, she says to herself. "That seems like a pretty cool thing to be able to do. So are they like 3-D holograms, or are they umm.... what happens if someone touches them?" she asks.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Marcus Stevens (Proton) HPs: 5/5

University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

For the fourth time today, Marcus pulled the card from his back pocket and looked at it. ‘It was odd . . . how did whoever sent me the card know who I was. I haven’t revealed my powers to my own mother yet, let alone some strangers . . . wonder if it was telepathy or something,’ Marcus thought. ‘At least it’s on my home turf.’

Marcus ran his hand through his wavy hair in an attempt to straighten some of the rebel locks . . . to no avail. He looked down at the clothes he had picked for the meeting: baggy jean shorts, U of P t-shirt, tennis shoes. Yep, he looked like he belonged, as Marcus glanced at the others on campus.

‘I’m surprised that the summer term is so busy,’ Marcus thought. He seemed like he was here year-round with weight training and sports, which was probably true. Marcus just hadn’t paid much attention to the others on campus.

‘Meeting isn’t going to be right here, Marcus, my man, get your butt up there and check it out,’ he thought. He jogged up the few steps to the building and went inside. Whoever he was to meet was waiting.

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Jonn Birkey (Rumble)

University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Jonn had never had much reason to visit the University Campus. Although, he may have attended a few parties. He was nervous and really wanted to make a good impression. He had dressed in his best interview clothes, a dark long sleeved, button down shirt, dark docker pants, dark dress shoes and his favorite red and gray tie. He was trying hard to control his excitement, after all this whole thing could be some kind of hoax. But, what were the chances of that. This could really be the break he had been wanting so badly.

He checked his invitation as he approached the building directory. He double checked everything and continued for the elevator. He shared a simple, "Hi" with the janitor as he passed and made his way to the meeting.

Last edited:

Dark Nemesis

First Post
-James Dunbar
New York, New York

“Sure,” the secretary says in response to James’ thanks. When he looks back, he would see that the security guard had approached the desk and was talking with the secretary. Both were looking in his direction; it was clear what the topic of conversation was. But there was no indication that any of the security guards were following him.

An elevator quickly arrives, and people pour out of it. However, only two other people get on the elevator with James; a black-haired woman in a stylish blue business dress, and a balding man, easily in his forties, in a pinstripe suit. Both gave him unusual looks, but they did not accost him as the elevator began to move upward.

-Watching Cloud Rice
Madison Public Library
Madison, Wisconsin

The little girl smiled as if she had a secret, and shook her head at Cloud’s questions. “Nope, I am not with Mr. Pike, but I hear he is a very nice man. Like I said, I came here all by myself.” She then leaned forward, and whispered “I came here to tell you to be careful.”

-Mai Hoshiko
15:50, Aug. 2, 2003
Tokyo, Japan

Ken grins, pleased that he had managed to impress a pretty girl. He looked around the now empty room, before looking back at her. “I created them one at a time. I have been sitting here for a long time,” he added sheepishly. “Sometimes they’re solid, but most of the time, they’re like holograms. It’s something fun to do. Though my parents think our house is haunted.”

“Ah, its okay. Sorry I assumed you were… you know, a meta. So how did you hear about Greenwood?”

-Jonn Birkey
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

“Hey buddy,” the janitor says in greeting, though he barely looks up from his mopping. As Jonn began to make his way down the hallway, he heard the glass doors open once more.

-Marcus Stevens
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Marcus enters the building, finding it to be mostly empty. He found himself in a hallway, empty except for a guy in dark clothes, who was making his way toward the intersection and the stairway. To the right was a sitting area, where a janitor worked at mopping the floor. The janitor glanced up briefly, before going back to his work.

To Marcus’ right, there was a building directory, which read:

First Floor: Classrooms 101-120
Second Floor: Classrooms 201-220
Third Floor: Labs 301-305
Fourth Floor: Offices 401-430

So far, Marcus was in the right place: University of Pittsburgh, Mathematics and Sciences Building. He was expected in office 425, in fifteen minutes.

Calinon

First Post
"I got a written invitation," she says happily. "And that was a very happy thing too. My family is not wealthy so attending a private college would be pretty much out of the question otherwise. Maybe it was my senior year paper on Meta Humans and applications for medical scholarships that helped me out, or maybe they know something I don't," she adds. "I'm just glad I get to study medicine and hopefully become a doctor."

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Marcus Stevens (Proton) HPs: 5/5

University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Marcus looked over the building directory . . . ‘Well, at least the meeting wasn’t in the labs,’ Marcus thought. He wondered whose offices were up there.

Marcus made eye contact with the janitor and politely said, “Afternoon, sir.” Marcus quickly glanced for an available elevator, then bounded up the stairs, two and three at a time.

Remove ads