• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[4e] IG's Herald of Discord [RECRUITING CLOSED]

industrygothica

Adventurer
I'm flattered that you'd ask! :)

Before I commit either way though, let me get a 'feel' for the game a bit longer. As far as how its pacing and characterizations go, I mean. That'll also give me a chance to assess two things crucial to writing projects; time and inspiration.

I hear ya... Thanks for considering. Here's hoping for inspiration! ;)

-IG

Shayuri

First Post
Hmm! I had a brainstorm about my character in this game.

Question though - is the game world we came from one that includes any "eastern" themed countries? Asian style? And if so, would it be okay if I tweaked Erin's description a bit? :)

On a broader note, I'd like to get some table talk going about the backgrounds of the characters and how they all met and came to adventure together.

Any ideas?

industrygothica

Adventurer
Hmm! I had a brainstorm about my character in this game.

Question though - is the game world we came from one that includes any "eastern" themed countries? Asian style? And if so, would it be okay if I tweaked Erin's description a bit? :)

On a broader note, I'd like to get some table talk going about the backgrounds of the characters and how they all met and came to adventure together.

Any ideas?

I deliberately didn't get into any detail about the regional background, so you're pretty much open to do whatever you want there. I do have an idea though, if you want to do a little light reading.

If you're interested, email me. Same name, at gmail.com.

-IG

Oni

First Post

Any ideas?

This is a good idea.

I had left it quite vague in Jarl's background since that I didn't really know what anyone else was doing. My thought had been only that somehow the rumors about a strange book had been the catalyst for him falling in with the others.

I could very much have seen him try to go after it on his own, but running into a larger rival group feeling the need to join forces lest he loose out on his chance. Or if they were after something else as a matter of convenience.

Of course there are plenty of other ways the current situation could have come about.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Reveille--

I'm missing something on your damage calculations from your Eldritch Blast. Specifically, where the extra 1d6+1 is coming from. Mind breaking it down for me?

And honestly, Jarl's attack is going to kill the gnoll anyway, so you can refocus to one of the hyenas if you want. You can redo the entire attack if you want, or we'll take the rolls you've got and apply it to one of them.

Remember that H2 is cursed by Jarl, H1 isn't cursed at all.

To all--

I've got a training class today until about 4pm (2200Z, I think). Hopefully I can post an update after that, depending on how tired I am. Those classes will suck the life out of you!

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
I'm missing something on your damage calculations from your Eldritch Blast. Specifically, where the extra 1d6+1 is coming from. Mind breaking it down for me?
[W] + Marked + Magic Wand (+1)

Though I see now that I was worng about the +1.

So the damage should be 22 & 22.

Sorry about that, I'll make sure that my future rolls don't have the +1.

....refocus to one of the hyenas if you want.
You can redo the entire attack if you want, or we'll take the rolls you've got and apply it to one of them.
That'll be fine by me. Though I was hoping for some of the glory in slaying that ifernal beastie. :heh:

industrygothica

Adventurer
[W] + Marked + Magic Wand (+1)

Though I see now that I was worng about the +1.

So the damage should be 22 & 22.

Sorry about that, I'll make sure that my future rolls don't have the +1.

That'll be fine by me. Though I was hoping for some of the glory in slaying that ifernal beastie. :heh:

Damage (1d10 3=13, 1d6 1=7, 1d6=3)

1d10+3 is your normal damage value for Eldritch Blast
plus 1d6 for the target being cursed
... and that last 1d6 roll is the one I can't figure out.

Which hyena did you want to attack?

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
The extra d6 is from his magic wand. All magic weapons/implements give you extra damage on a crit, by default +1d6 per point of enhancement on the weapon (some are higher dice, for example the Vicious weapon property makes it +1d12 per point of enhancement, it's listed in the statblock).

Remove ads