D&D 5E 5e CB's Stonefast OOC -- COMPLETE

I'd like to have a discussion about darkvision. In darkness, a character with darkvision 60' can see up to 60 out in non-magical darkness as if in dim light, correct? Can that character see beyond 60' in darkness at all? My reading is no, she can't. Contrast to 3.x, where a character with low-light vision could see a certain number of feet as if brightly lit, then a halo beyond that as if it were dimly lit. Just double-checking my edition knowledge to make sure what I know from a previous edition doesn't bleed over into 5e.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
I think that's right, CB -- no vision at all beyond 60'. Also (and I fear four our futures in saying this), I think perception checks are at disadvantage in dim like or its equivalent.

Forged Fury

First Post
What KS said. With Darkvision, within a (in most cases) 60' radius, dim light is treated as regular light and darkness is treated as dim light.

We'll leave it to lie as is. We've 10 days to play and I can't see implementing the correction re: Perception checks at disadvantage in dim light at this late stage. Duly noted, however. It'll definitely be important for my next game.

Skarsgard

Explorer
For some reason I am still having trouble seeing the map at work (admittedly), at home it works fine so I guess it must a security setting of some kind.

I would like Colden to move up and attack a non-sleeping kobold. Can he reach one? If not he will move into the room, draw a javelin and attack.

Also he will second wind. Once I know what he can do, I will post in the IC thread. Thanks.

Does it help any when I post not only the image of the map, but also a link to said image? Not sure if your work firewall is clocking only the image or the originating website.

Skarsgard

Explorer
Not sure, I think maps embedded in the post work in other thread and the earlier Stonefast posts. It has only been happening recently. I tried Chrome and IE to check if it was a browser issue. No difference there.

I am not sure what displaying options you have, but I can always check in when I get home.

edit: just worked out that it's work not liking the filesharing site.
:)

Remove ads