D&D 5E 5e Halcyon Academy (Recruiting/OOC)

I agree - the rules should be the same for all and entering at higher level effectively prohibited. And the rules should cover what is allowed so some characters don't end up with 3 feats and 2 traits / boons while others of the same level have only 1.

But if [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION] has time for two groups...why not?

tglassy

Adventurer
In a Living World, or at least, in my Living World, you could only have a new character at level 1. But adventures would be for levels 1-4, then 5-10, etc. Halcyon Academy makes a great Hub for a living world...but...we've been playing for so long, you've gone through initiations, etc. Having new people come in later, they won't have the same experience. It'll just be another campaign. Hmm. Unless I have a "New Class" join up, where new students come in and go through their own initiation, I'm not sure if I can just add new players.

With one exception. I do have three NPC's that went through all of it as well. Jorrick the Goliath Barbarian, Mezzra the Drow Cleric and Korlin the Half Elven Bard. I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to letting someone take control of one of them. But that's pretty limiting.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Arthellion

First Post
For what it's worth, I'm personally in favor of a new class being developed.

Freshman if you will. The goal could eventually be for "graduating classes" to eventually have one or two players who serve as GMs for "sophomores through Seniors" as well as teachers or outside adventurers who the students interact with.

Meanwhile tglassy could continue running freshman through his system.

That would be a long term plan I guess? Just throwing out ideas.

tglassy

Adventurer
That's interesting. The only issue is everyone's just now level 1. They've just started at the Academy.

We could get someone to DM initiations. Probably do it once every six months or so, just to get new characters into the game.

I would need to have a Wiki in place to have easy access to all the information so far. Locations, NPC's, the rules to Character Creation and Advancement, that sort of thing. It could be done. I could just be the High DM, the Headmaster of sorts, making sure everything is flowing the way it's supposed to. I can't read every thread if we have other DM's, but I can keep up with character creation, and give other DM's a lot of leeway in their own adventures. It's not like the world has had much detail added to it. And I can run an Academy Thread where everyone goes once they're done with their adventure.

It's ambitious, but doable, I think.

tglassy

Adventurer
And we've slowed. Or more precisely, I've slowed. And I'm likely to get even slower soon. Most of the posts of the games I'm playing are short and sweet, just quick updates to keep them going. The games I'm DMing need much more than that, and apparently much more than I can deliver right now.

I'm NOT closing this game. It's finally getting started! But I do need more time than I have right now to devote to it. So I might put it on hold. Most of the games I'm playing right now are one shots, or defined adventures, and shouldn't last too much longer. I don't want to just drop out of them, because they've been fun and I enjoy the characters.

So, as they end, I'm going to attempt to refrain from adding new games. Once a few of them are done, I'll start posting more regularly.

What do y'all think? Are you willing to put this game on a temporary break for a bit?

Remove ads