• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [5E][OOC] Across the Faerun-iverse

Egon

First Post
Schmoe, can you please provide a Stealth roll for creeping up on the Goblins?

And can someone help me understand how the Mention tag works please?

hafrogman

Adventurer
And can someone help me understand how the Mention tag works please?
If you type @ followed by someone's username, the system will parse that into a mention tag which is manually something like {mention=userid#} So I'd say [MENTION=6800672]Egon[/MENTION] but if you quote this post you'll see the vbulletin tag it creates. Then that person will get a mention notice pointing out the thread/post to them. If they have e-mail alerts turned on, they'll get e-mailed as well.

Schmoe

Adventurer
Sure thing. Do I get advantage for the sound of the river masking my movement and the intervening trees?

[roll0]

[roll1] *just in case

Forged Fury

First Post
Sine Gnash is wearing chain mail, he actually has disadvantage on the roll, but since you rolled twice, that works anyway. Given they're both good rolls, it looks like fate wanted Gnash to be stealthy.

Schmoe

Adventurer
I'm definitely no expert on 5e rules, but I thought the armor disadvantage was only if your Strength is not high enough for the armor you are wearing. Am I missing something? Either way, I'm fine with whatever Egon decides regarding advantage.

Forged Fury

First Post
If you aren't strong enough for your armor, it drops your speed 10 feet. The Stealth Disadvantage applies regardless. The only thing that mitigates it (at least for Medium Armor) is the Medium Armor Mastery feat. I think there are special materials in the DMG that may also mitigate the penalty.

From the Basic Rules said:
Heavy Armor. Heavier armor interferes with the
wearer’s ability to move quickly, stealthily, and freely.
If the Armor table shows “Str 13” or “Str 15” in the
Strength column for an armor type, the armor reduces
the wearer’s speed by 10 feet unless the wearer has a
Strength score equal to or higher than the listed score.

Stealth. If the Armor table shows “Disadvantage” in
the Stealth column, the wearer has disadvantage on
Dexterity (Stealth) checks.

They're two different sections.

Egon

First Post
Sorry for not posting today; work kicked me hard. I'll have a post up tomorrow.

If anyone who is going to attack - provided you have stealth on your side - wants to add attack and damage rolls to speed things up, please do so.

Remove ads