• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Merc's Life [OOC 02]

Scotley

Hero
I can give Mythweavers another shot. I just didn't have the time to devote to figuring it out and so each post was a bit of a chore. With more time I have no doubt I can learn to adapt. I'm certainly good with Pathfinder or 3.5 or 5e. My personal preference is not to start a 1st level. Progress is so slow in play by post being first level for a year or three real time is just too frustrating. It's not a deal breaker, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
My personal preference is not to start a 1st level. Progress is so slow in play by post being first level for a year or three real time is just too frustrating. It's not a deal breaker, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

agree

Leif

Adventurer
I'll go ahead and go on the record as agreeing with this sentiment. However, I do really like to play a character from 1st level on, letting relationships and personalities develop naturally over time.

My own idea was to begin a game at first level, play for a few months, through a short dungeon or something, and then skip ahead to third or fourth level, play some more, and then skip ahead again. Sadly, the idea never became anything more than just an idea.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I think you must've typed the wrong URL. Or I'm totally in the dark. Haven't seen or heard anything about that, and I'm on over there at least a few times a week.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Got a decent idea for a campaign floating around in my head and partly on "paper." I'm thinking I'll probably run an advert on MW, with a short application period and a planned start date of January 1. I'll let you guys know and give you a link to the ad when I get it up. If I really get after it I can have the ad up Thursday or Friday, take apps until the 28th and use the last few days of December to decide on a party.

(What the heck am I doing? I'm a player, not a DM . . .)

Remove ads