A Merc's Life [OOC 02]

Scotley

Hero
I tried to mark mine 'done' but I couldn't figure out how to change the name of the thread. Marquan Vissel is pretty much ready to go, though.

When you are editing at the bottom select 'go advanced' and the line with the thread name will be available for editing. That works just like over here. I'm still figuring out navigation over there. I finally figured out how to subscribe to the forum rather than just threads. I didn't subscribe to the 'announcements' bit until tonight, so I missed some stuff until just now.

Leif

Adventurer
Thanks, Scotley! I don't know why I couldn't figure that out!

Ok, I did that, and it changed the title in the first post, but back in the Forum page, it's still the old title. :-( I'm hoping that it will eventually catch up?

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Turns out the GM is the only one who can edit the actual thread name.

Thanks for the pic, DeWar - I'll make it a suitable size and put it in your thread. I'll also e-mail you a copy. And yes, I was aware that weapons can't be drawn efficiently over the shoulder. Actually, the weapons most folks put over the shoulder are two handed swords, which can't be drawn at all that way unless you're Mr. Fantastic. Most who used two handed weapons just carried them in their hands, I think.

Scotley, I know you got your character sheet filled in - Leif and DeWar, were you guys able to find the link and get that done as well?

I'm going to try to walk the line between being rational and being a format nazi in the posting, because having all of the posts follow the same guidelines makes it MUCH easier for me to tell what's going on at a glance. Easiest way I've found is to just quote your last post rather than starting a new one each time you're posting. Change what needs changing, and carry on.

EDIT: OK, I got your pictures resized and inserted into your applications (Leif and DeWar). Both of them are pretty damn cool! I still need at least a LITTLE something on each of your personalities, though you can leave much of it to figure out as you play.

Leif, I still need a background for Marquan - a couple of short paragraphs about how he got where he is with some explanation of how he got the trait you chose, how he met Moyra and why he's loyal to her.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Sabri

I found an okay pic for my character.

Attachments

• Sabri.png
    Sabri.png
    765.7 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
is that a Damascus steel blade? I will think on the personality. I have been thinking on it as a bit of a gritty attitude toward ogres and giants. He would not take t to a racial hatred as he hopes to find those who are not blood thirsty animals, but is not naive to be guarded against them. that is a foundation for a personality, anyway.

Leif

Adventurer
I thimk I got it all done now.

Cool picture, Scotley!

DeWar, my dude, Marquan Vissel, also hates giants -- comes from his service in the Angry Giant Wars, where he was a junior officer.

Mowgli: I forgot to choose a trait!

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Mowgli, are we allowed to talk about specifics on our characters? Is there a specific reason for those separate threads? I ask this before I mention something I shouldn't about my character.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The pregame threads are for players to start getting a "feel" for their characters, and for me to have more information about writing styles, ability to interact with others, leave conversation hooks, etc. I've got them separated to keep them from becoming too much of a jumbled mess - I've got 39 completed applications (counting you three), and there'd be no way to keep track of who was talking with whom if I lumped everyone into one thread. I also had some vague notions of putting all of the similar character concepts into the same thread and choosing one from each thread, but that's not going to work out due to the way the apps are playing out.

Scott DeWar

39 APPS!?!? wow. ok, then

Leif, My character is a just a plain fighter with the 2 handed warrior archetype. He is from the highlands where our commander was fighting giant types when my character was still young. His parents ran a local hunt guide/farm that was over run by the aforementioned giant types but not with out going down with out a fight. The commander could not reach the farm in time but was able to save my character after both parents were killed. She took him under her wing teaching him in the way of the company to eventually join and become one of her fixers.

I have given him good strength and put some points in survival, stealth and perception to show his training in being a hunting guide. other skills he learned from previously experienced adventures with the rest of the fixers include quite a variety, but as a scout type of group, I put a lot of effort in the stealth. I have a +12. sound good?

Leif

Adventurer
Sounds good to me, DeWarski (greetings to Hutch, BTW). I think our two fighters may just be different enough that we could possibly both make the cut, if we're lucky. My guy is a sword-and-board kind of fighter. A BIG OL' board, at that. I've never played a character who uses a tower shield before, so this is new for me. I also referenced The Giant Wars in my guy's background -- my dude was an officer in them and developed a bit of a reputation as a butcher for his unwillingness to retreat*. He was only doing what he saw as his job, however. He has a +DiddleySquat for Stealth, but he's pretty much he**-on-wheels with a bastard sword, and hard as he** to hit, too, behind a breastplate and tower shield, both enchanted mildly.

* Why would he retreat if the enemy was unable, mostly, to lay a grubby finger on him?

Last edited:

Remove ads