A Merc's Life [OOC 02]

Scotley

Hero
Wasn't DeMolay a Templar? Or am I getting my history confused? The free masons claimed some connection to the Templars didn't they? Is that the reference you are making?

Leif

Adventurer
Wasn't DeMolay a Templar? Or am I getting my history confused? The free masons claimed some connection to the Templars didn't they? Is that the reference you are making?
1. Possibly, or rather, probably.
2, No.
3. Yes.
And,
4. Yes, well, one of them.

This all gained widespread popularity when Tom Hanks made his movie "The DaVinci Code" and its sequel(s), "Angels and Demons" and so forth. Before that, it was a bit more obscure, but a college buddy of mine (Shane) turned me on to a previous book, "Holy Blood, Holy Grail," written in the 1970's by Michael Baigent, Richard Leigh, and Henry Lincoln. Lincoln or Leigh (not sure which one) appears in the History Channel's program about The Davinci Code -- he's the old, fat guy who chain smokes, much like the aforementioned Shane, and there is a disturbing amount of resemblance there. "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" reads more like a history text, which it basically is, but it tells generally the same story as "The DaVinci Code" without all the modern-day characters and plot, which is to say that it's a decidedly uninteresting DaVinci Code. However, history majors like me eat that s**t up.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Ok, I am going to get to the Myth weavers game tonight. Right after Person of interest.

for starters, a last name for Jack, er I mean Jacques, and no, Custoe is not going to be it. Maybe De Monet, as in Count De Monet. ok, simple name: Jacques Skillington, Highland big game hunter. Special needs task force.

The pre-game IC threads should give me a good idea of who can follow posting etiquette and my format-Nazism, and which characters will drive me crazy if I have to read them every day. Should also give me an idea about who can post a conversation that allows others to play as well by putting in conversation hooks, etc.

I still need a couple of things from Leif and DeWar -

First, SDeWar - what the heck is your character's name?

Second, I'll need both of you to click on the "Sheets" tab at the top of any MW forum page you visit and fill out a character sheet. Once you get them filled in, go down toward the bottom to the "Stat Block" section. If you hover over the black border you'll see it turn to "Generate Statblock." Click it, and your characters stat block will be inserted there. Copy that in it's entirety, and post it into the "Stat Block" spoiler in your application. There'll be a link in that stat block back to your sheet.

I did go ahead and mark your applications done and assigned you to pre-game IC threads so you can go ahead and start some interaction.

and now for the rest. . . . . .

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Mowgli, I am reading the ic thread and filling in a player sheet, just so you know. I had to take a break from the Kahn Acadamy. iI was getting a nasty headache from reading and thinking so hard. The math skills work has been good for me, but I needed a rest from reality.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Fair enough, DeWar. I just closed recruiting at 45 completed apps. One app outstanding that looked finished but whose author didn't let me know. I'm giving him a chance to let me know before I lock his app and archive it.

Now I start wading through apps for mechanics, and reading along on IC threads. Trying to "Pick 6."

Remove ads