A Paid trip to Spellhold [IC] Chapter 3: The Prison of Horrors

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Anguish, still doubting his abilities

"Well, it isn't like we stand much of a chance of defeating the creature, but I believe if we could, in theory, destroy it, it would not be able to return."

Velmont

First Post
Cliff recover from his flashback and focus on the spineneck of the creature. "We can't stop it. But Spellhold still can. We need to flee to the ship."

[SBLOCK=OOC][MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION]: Did the flashback show me what look like the ring?[/SBLOCK]

On Puget Sound

First Post
Best idea I've heard all day, Cliff.
Chizz takes off at a full run toward the bridge, unslinging his bow as he flees.
MOVE: run 8
MOVE: run 8
FREE: stow knives
MINOR: draw bow

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Anguish, the cynic

"They say cowards make the best storytellers. Do tell of how we bravely fought to keep the monster at bay when you return to the mainland!" Anguish calls to Chizz. He then turns to Rodric, "We seem to be among few allies and those of yellow blood. But I shall stand. This abomination must be stopped. My sacrifice is the least I can do to atone for my crimes..."

Anguish, channeling dark arcane energies that swirl around him, holds his magical rod aloft, calling out "By the powers of the Feywild and all the mighty spirits that dwell within me, I call upon the fell powers to grant me one last battle, hopeless though it may be!"
OOC: I am prepared to march into battle. Who else is with me and Walking Dad?

tiornys

Explorer
"I think we should at least fall back to the bridge. We can make a stand there!" Suiting actions to words, Asterion heads for the bridge, keeping his attention on the monstrosity, shield ready to defend.

Walking Dad

First Post
Rodric the Bright

Rodric makes haste to follow Asterion.

[sblock=OOC]
are encounter powers still working???
Tis is a really long encounter.

(Defining an encounter as time between short rests)

minor: sustain Moment of Glory

[sblock=Mini-Sheet]
Rodric the Bright
Perception: 22 Insight: 21 Normal Vision
AC 24 Fortitude 17 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 47 / 47 Bloodied: 23
Temporary Hit Points: 7
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +1; +3 vs death.
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0
Healing Surge:11 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Blessing of Battle, Brand of the Sun, Sun's Glow, Lance of Faith
Encounter Powers: Healing Word 2/2, Smite Undead/Soothing Light, Sun Burst, Resurgent Sun
Daily Powers: Moment of Glory, Bless, Holy Cleansing, Inspire Fervor, Symbol of Life, Sunblade Burst

Condition:
Affecting complete group: Blessed (+1 att bonus), resist 5 (all)

[/sblock][/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Anguish, shamefully retreating

"Better part of valor I suppose," Anguish says as he hurries to follow the others. It seems this is not his moment to die. But he does not suspect that moment is far away. At the very least, he may be able to rest for a short period and regain some of his strength, assuming the monster is truly contained of course.

Velmont

First Post
"We will make a stand, but on the other side of the bridge. The defense of Spellhold should weaken the creature and we will stand a chance." replies Cliff to Anguish.

Slowed by his armor, Cliff is closing the march. As he run behind his companions, he shouts "Asterion, we need to order the ship to leave the island now. We can`t have them nearby with that creature around. Tell them to come back in sight of the island tomorrow. We will lit a fire on the beach tomorrow for them as a signal to fetch us. If no fire... they should presume we are dead."

Voda Vosa

First Post
The heroes decide to make their stand after crossing the bridge. The gargantuan skeleton follows them closely, shooting lightning bolts at their wake, and crushing everything under it's feet. As the heroes approach the bridge and cross it, the creature doubts for a moment, but it's madness overrides it's caution, and soon follows, stomping the bridge as it goes. Crossing the gate, the heroes brace themselves for the final round. "We'll take care of that they come back, we're in pretty bad shape anyway." Kaedyn says, and along Binwin, they run towards the ship.

The creature stomps, and puts it's skeletal foot on the grass on the other side of the bridge, when the ancient runes of the Calishites, placed upon the bridge glow strong. Spellhold used a pretty efficient system to keep prisoners withing the island. Inmates in this place where dangerous and powerful spellcasters, so a golden ring was set around their necks. A magical ring. It was linked with ancient enchantment placed on the very stone of the prison; on the very island. The rings worked as channelers for the enchantment's power, funnelling the destructive energy into the escaped prisoner's head. There were several infamous spellcasters that manage to breach out of Spellhold, but made it to the bridge. And them...

A blinding light burst out of the golden ring the creature had around it's neck. Bone fragments shower off over the heroes, as the skeleton is shattered and almost destroyed. However, the creature is too strong, even for the ancient Spell, and now crawling, with no legs, and one arm remaining, it approaches it's shattered skull towards the heroes, the broken crystal shinning weakly.

OOC: I love Anguish's cynical comments; I'll give you XP if I could. Roll initiatives, for this the truly, truthful, definitive final encounter! =)

Remove ads