• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adv: The God Forge (judge renau1g)

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=Perception 19:] The hand seems like it would be a perfect fit to the chalice.[/sblock]

Jam's shuffles over as you look over the manuscripts. "OOooo. Careful now. Careful. Them's all I got."

Despite his caution he does not actually stop you. They seem to contain various legends about vulkar, as well as some notes on certain ceremonies and even some forging tips and techniques. It doesn't seem overly scholarly but they certainly are old.

EDIT: (Didn't see Evolutions post)

Montroya slide's the hammer into the hand and it fits reasonably well. Nothing noticeably happens. The larger hammer and the tongs seem like they wouldn't fit at all.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kama'zer carefully carries the stone chalice over to the statue and asks Montroya to remove the hammer so she can try this instead. "I believe this chalice will fit better, Montroya." Once he is out of the way, she slowly places the chalice into the hand of the statue before stepping back.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
The chalice fits well, as if made for the statue. Nothing happens.

"Well that looks pritty decent there. Might need to get a new chalice for all our templey stuff." comments Jams.

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kama'zer narrows her eyes as a slight smile plays across her lips. "I wonder..." she says quietly to herself. Digging into her backpack, she pulls out her waterskin and unstops it. Lifting it up, she pours water out into the stone chalice until it is full...

Ozymandias79

First Post
"I don't think that works" Soldier says to Kama'zer "how about you try filling the chalice up with lava instead? seeing as he is the god of volcanoes" he then asks the gith warlord

Velmont

First Post
"I hope it's only water that chalice need, but being Vulkar, he might prefer lava..." tells Jarel-karn as he sees Kama'zer putting some water in the chalice.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
There does not seem to be any effect from the water, besides producing a slight chuckle from Jams.

After other member offer suggestions he adds. "Yeah it takes lava jus' fine. We do it sometimes for der holy days and fer extra heat." He even offers to do it himself, as he's experienced. Taking the chalice he tosses the water outside, then fills the cup with lava, before handing it to someone taller for replacing.

The arm shifts slightly down, and a hiss of steam is heard. The wall to the side of the statue slides from view vealing a passage, light by a stream of lava. It turns around a bend about fifty feet down. Gruff voices can be heard from somewhere within, echoing off the walls.

"By the gods. . . " says Jams

Velmont

First Post
Jarel-karn turns to Jams. "Sorry for earlier if I was rash. It seems I was wrong on many thing, but I still wonder why the wards of Vulkar would attack us? Keep trying, and you'll find that you'll be successful more often than not." And then, Jarel=karn draw his sword. "I suppose you never seen that passage before. Soldier, you want to go first? I'll be just behind you."

Remove ads