• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Dungeons and Them (DM:johnmeier1, judge:????)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
OOC: I just read the Bravura Presence feature and it says something completely different than I thought it did. I thought it was:

1) Spend an AP
2) Get a free MBA
3) Grant CA if the MBA misses

In fact it's:

1) Spend an AP
2) Get a standard action from your AP and attack with it
3) If that attack hits, get a free MBA
4) If the standard-action attack misses(not the free MBA), grant CA

Hence the confusion.

I guess 6 misses and 1 hit for 50 damage isn't terrible. Reminds me of my high-paragon stormwarden. He'd walk up to a monster and do 28 damage if he missed with his Twin Strikes...

Last edited:

pacdidj

First Post
Unable to maintain the fey glamour for long, Mab flickers back into the dragon's field of vision, just as it is brought low by Draglin's onslaught. "Now do you see, you greeble-grubbing brute? We have the blessings of the Seelie court, and our fury is lethal!," the old woman taunts, unleashing a barrage of flying blades that further flay the flesh from the fanged fiend.

"Resistance is futile,"
the wily crone adds, "you can't hope to fight a foe that can be everywhere and nowhere at once! After all, I'm not even really here," she says darting into hiding behind a rock.

[sblock=Actions/Stat block]Start=

Standard= :ranged:Bloodbath vs. Vlassick = miss :(, but deals 11 damage w/ Max's bonus

Free= Action Point, taking the granted attack on a hit from Max

Standard= :ranged:King's Castle vs. Vlassick = hits for 21 damage
Effect= Mab declines to switch places with an adjacent ally

Effect
= :branged:Granted RBA from Max vs. Vlassick = hits for 12 damage
Move= to H19
Effect= Mab hides from Vlassick = Stealth (1d20+19=31)

Minor
=

End=

[sblock=statblock]Auntie Mab - Human Rogue 7
PC:Auntie Mab (pacdidj) - L4W Wiki
Conditions: invisible to dragon
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 19, Init: +7
AC: 21, Fort: 18, Reflex: 22, Will: 19 Speed: 6
HP: 53/56, Bloodied: 28, Surge Value: 14, Surges left: 5/8
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used, Milestones: 1
:bmelee:Basic Atk: Distance Dagger +9 vs AC, 1d4+1 dmg
:branged:Ranged Basic Atk: Throw Distance Dagger +14 vs AC, 1d4+6 dmg, Range 10/20
Powers-
Gloaming Cut, Sly Flourish, Fast Hands, Chameleon
Heroic Effort, Eyebite, King's Castle, Fleeting Spirit Strike, Snap Shot
Blinding Barrage, Bloodbath
Prison of Salzacas, Steadfast Amulet, Cannith Goggles
Combat notes: +1 to all defenses vs. traps, 1/round 2d8 sneak attack damage with CA, +1 damage against targets Mab has CA against on light blade weapon attacks, scores critical hits against demons on a roll of 19-20

Tristram - Rat Familiar
HP:
1/1; AC: 21, Fort: 17, Ref: 21, Will: 18
Skills:
+18 Thievery (+20 vs. Locks, +21 vs. Traps), +24 Stealth

OOC: 44 total damage to Vlassick. Mab will use Chameleon if she loses cover.

Last edited:

pacdidj

First Post
OOC: Saw that, but I wanted to cover next turn as well. I'm only realizing now that to effectively use a hide-n-strike tactic, Mab really should have deft strike as an at-will, otherwise CA is not so easy to get for a cunning sneak. Oh well, that's what I get for not reading the char op boards I guess.

EDIT: Nevermind. Rereading the text, I see you can move and sustain the zone, so if johnmeier1 is okay with it I'm going to re-do my standard action above.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
OOC: Rules question: Devinihm has the Wall of Thorns daily power, which has mechanics for being 'inside' and moving through the wall, meaning that a creature can ostensibly occupy the same space as the wall. Can he then summon the wall directly into occupied squares, or does he have to summon it into unoccupied space?

johnmeier1

Explorer
OOC: Rules question: Devinihm has the Wall of Thorns daily power, which has mechanics for being 'inside' and moving through the wall, meaning that a creature can ostensibly occupy the same space as the wall. Can he then summon the wall directly into occupied squares, or does he have to summon it into unoccupied space?

OOC: "A solid wall, such as a wall of ice, cannot be created in occupied squares" and based on the power description if creatures can enter the wall's space or start their turn there, you can create it in their space.

johnmeier1

Explorer
Devinihm moves to a position where he can see the Dragon, and points his staff, howling to summon one of the ghostly wolves he commands. The creature's jaws clamp shut on the dragon's forward leg, and with supernatural skill it pulls the dragon off its feet. Even as it falls, Devinihm is engulfed with the otherworldly light of his ancestors, slipping through the glowing portal to appear closer to his toad. As he does so, Dante's eyes glow briefly with the same light. The toad, left to its own devices, lashes out again, but again fails to connect.

Jonathan runs into place. With a clear line to the dragon, he holds his spear directly in front of his face and motions forcefully forward while at the same time making an almost imperceptibly high screech. In an instant, the area is filled with swarming bats. Jonathan directs them toward the dragon, hoping to hinder this most formidable of foes.

While in the grasp of the mighty dragon the warlord plunges his weapon into the beast, all the way to the hilt. The dragon roars in pain and loosens his grip on Max. which allows him to break free of the his grasp. The warlord stabs at the dragon again, but misses.

Dante's kama-chain flickers faster than the eye can follow, bouncing off each of the hardest parts of the dragon then finally finding one weak spot. "Don't go for those 6 places," Dante says, checking his kama to see if they are bent or something.

I AM NOT LIKE YOU! Draglin shouts. I'LL NEVER BE LIKE YOU! I AM BRAVE AND JUST AND HONORABLE! AND THOU ARE A SCALY FIEND WHO DESERVES TO FACE MY WRAITH! he shouts his eyes glowing a deep blue. His swords flash in the torchlight as he prepares himself for what could be his final act. His blades flash in a flurry of attacks aimed at the dragon. A thousand cuts, a thousand slashes, and thousands blows land on the dragon. Each one delivering more pain than the last. In seconds he lacerates the dragon's entire body with dozens of cuts, each one striking a vital area. COME GET SOME MORE! the fighter shouts. I AM READY TO DIE FOR MY HONOR!

After a pummeling the dragon roars in defiance. The blood runs from numerous cuts about its neck, face and the arm that grasps Draglin. It opens its mouth in a defensive measure, incinerating the toad and burning all others nearby except for Max.

Unable to maintain the fey glamour for long, Mab flickers back into the dragon's field of vision, just as it is brought low by Draglin's onslaught. "Now do you see, you greeble-grubbing brute? We have the blessings of the Seelie court, and our fury is lethal!," the old woman taunts, unleashing a barrage of flying blades that further flay the flesh from the fanged fiend. "Resistance is futile," the wily crone adds, "you can't hope to fight a foe that can be everywhere and nowhere at once! After all, I'm not even really here," she says darting into hiding behind a rock.

The dragon lashes out instinctively, slamming the claw holding Draglin to the ground. When it lifts up the claw the fighter remains on the ground bleeding out. It swipes at Dante with the other claw but the ranger ducks easily. So you are not mere mercenaries, but true heroes. I will not die here today! roars the dragon before standing and challenging Dante again but only landing one hit. It flies up out of the cloud of bats towards the exit and as it goes by Max lashes out with his longsword but misses.

[sblock=mechanics] Wow, dragon is on his last legs already. I better make this count.
Instinctive assault - Dragon will use claw on Draglin HIT and Dante MISS, Draglin is now dying at -11hp
Recharge YES and ongoing damage 5
Move: Stand up
Standard: Claws on Dante HIT and MISS
AP: Fly to new location (EDIT, provokes AoO from Max, not Dante)

Draglin needs to make his death save first, Jonathan had "higher" initiative than him. Dante and Mab tied him at 18
[/sblock]

[sblock=status]
Vlassick (young red dragon, advanced) hp: 66/428 AP: 1
AC 27 Fort 25 Ref 22 Will 22 Resist 15 fire
MBA Bite Melee 2 +16 vs AC for 2d10+8 and grabbed (escape DC 23) takes ongoing 5 fire
Trigger (enemy leaves a square within 2 of the dragon) Melee 3 +14 vs Ref for 1d6+7 and knocked prone

Devinihm 14/51 AP: 1 bloodied
Jonathan 45/45 AP: 1 Swarm of bats N14
Auntie Mab 53/56 AP: 1 Stealth 31
Draglin -11/64 AP: 0 dying (0/3)
Dante 7/57 AP: 0 bloodied
Virgil 11/78 bloodied
Max 39/62 AP: 0 Allies +2 damage TENT (Jonathan/Devinihm only)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads