• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Dungeons and Them (DM:johnmeier1, judge:????)

johnmeier1

Explorer
OOC: Go ahead PCs, if it is not clear from the map, the dragon is headed out of the rear larger exit to the cavern. He is 10 feet off the ground as well being in the hole in the wall.

Luinnar

First Post
I'M NOT DEAD YET! Draglin shouts, opening his eyes right after falling to the ground.

OOC: Death save=20

Free: Amulet of life+1 Draglin spends an extra surge.

Does Draglin get a turn this round since he rolled a 20? If so, does he need to pick up his weapons as a minor action when he stands up?

johnmeier1

Explorer
OOC: Nice, Luinnar! No, saves are at the end of your turn. Draglin is conscious/prone though I won't make you "pick up" your weapons as they are near "at hand" next turn.

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, wilden druid

As the dragon flees, Devinihm calls out "May even escape hurt you!". His staff glows, and a thorny wall cracks through the surface of the cave, growing up to entangle the dragon and block its path. The wilden bursts apart into his swarm form, then, zooming forward, his form spreading upward to sting and confound the dragon further before the core retreats behind one of the rocky outcroppings.

[sblock=actions]I'm probably going to regret not using Second Wind, but what the hell, at least Devinihm will die being moderately useful. Note the dragon still grants CA to Devinihm from his Voyage of the Ancients racial power used last turn.

Okay, my count may be off if I'm miscounting how 10' up works, but I think there's at least enough wall to get to and block off the dragon, even if it takes 3 stacked squares at P19:

Standard: Wall of Thorns: 1 square tall N19, O10, 2 squares tall in P19, 1 square tall Q19, 2 tall Q18.

Wall of Thorns (Daily Standard Area 8 within 10 * Conjuration, Implement, Primal) Druid 5
Effect: Devinihm conjures a wall of thorny, writhing vines. The wall can be up to 4 squares high and must be on a solid surface, and it lasts until the end of his next turn. The wall provides cover. A creature's line of sight through a wall square is blocked unless the creature is adjacent to that square. Entering a wall square costs 3 extra squares of movement. If a creature enters the wall's space or starts its turn there, that creature takes 1d10 + Devinihm's Wis modifier (+4) damage and ongoing 5 damage (save ends)
Sustain: Minor

Dragon will take 1d10+4 damage start of its turn unless it has mid-round movement abilities, and has to spend extra movement to get through the wall

Minor: Wildshape to swarm, DR 4, shift to H17

Move: to M19. I'm trying to get in range for the burst 3 attack while staying out of the melee 2 auto-attack the dragon gets vs movement. I'm assuming the 10' up means that square counts as 2 for ranges. If he has to get closer, he should have the movement for the extra square.

Action Point:

Swarming Locusts (At-Will Standard Close blast 3 * Beast Form, Implement, Primal, Zone) Druid Attack 1
Target: Each creature in blast
Attack: Wisdom vs. Reflex
Weapon: Magic Staff +2: +8 attack, 1d8+6 damage
Hit: 1d8 + Wisdom modifier (+4) damage. Level 21: 2d8 + Wisdom modifier (+4) damage.
Effect: The blast creates a zone of swarming locusts that lasts until the end of your next turn. While within the zone, enemies grant combat advantage.

Swarming Locusts attack (CA); damage (1d20+10=26, 1d8+6=14)

HITS for 14 damage

Close and Melee aren't the same, are they? Claw Gloves grant Devinihm extra damage to melee attacks vs. enemies granting CA, but I don't think that applies to this.

On hit, use the movement option of Max's bravura presence to move to K19

Map updated, though wasn't sure how to do all the overlapping, for the Dragon's body, the wall, and zone.[/sblock]

[sblock=resources]HP: 14/51
Surges: 4/11
Action Points: 0/1
Daily powers used: Demon-hunter's boon, Summon Giant Toad, Wall of Thorns
Encounter used: Call forth the Spirit Pack, Voyage of the Ancients
Stinging Swarm: Once per round when an enemy damages Devinihm with a melee attack while he is in beast form, that enemy grants combat advantage to him until the end of his next turn.[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
OOC: Okay, I need to redo the map a bit to handle the Wall of thorns and the height indicator. I will use VLK to represent the dragon. The distance between N18/19 and O18/19 is 10' (2 squares) straight up a wall.

jkason you can draw in the thorns in yellow. Put a darker yellow if it is higher than 1 square (though it must be contiguous, I am not sure it has to be attached to the floor!) Ignore the zone, I will remember since it only affects Vlassick

jkason

First Post
OOC: Okay, I need to redo the map a bit to handle the Wall of thorns and the height indicator. I will use VLK to represent the dragon. The distance between N18/19 and O18/19 is 10' (2 squares) straight up a wall.

jkason you can draw in the thorns in yellow. Put a darker yellow if it is higher than 1 square (though it must be contiguous, I am not sure it has to be attached to the floor!) Ignore the zone, I will remember since it only affects Vlassick

OOC: Updated. I hadn't realized that entire section was so far up, so reconfigured. I'm not sure how high the ceiling is, but Basically, the wall stacks up the rock, until it can spread sideways again, then stacks higher again in the dragon's path. Since the power says the wall can be up to 4 squares tall, I assumed I could 'stack' pieces of it to be taller than others to get the wall up to the hole and block off the tunnel.

nerdytenor

First Post
Jonathan hustles into position (map updated). Constitutionally incapable of letting his prey escape, he hurls his tratnyr high in the air, but the shot whizzes harmlessly by the dragon. (Escaping shot misses). Undaunted, he hurls his weapon the instant it returns to his hand, but once more, his shot goes wide (Action Point: Grappling spirits with warlord gamble critical miss. Jonathan grants CA TENT. Jonathan sustains his zone, just in case he can use it later).

Jonathan growls audibly in frustration.

[sblock=Jonathan Stat Block]
Current Effects: Swarming Bats Area Burst 2 (Minor - sustain; Move - move zone 4 squares). Granting CA TENT.
Immediate Reactions: See Spirit's Rebuke encounter power

Jonathan Granville, Human Seeker 5
Passive Perception 21, Passive Insight 21
AC 20, Fort 18, Reflex 17, Will 19
HP 45/45 Bloodied 22 Surge Value 11, Surges 3/8
Speed 6, Initiative +2
Action Points: 0

Encounter Resources
Possessing Spirits
USED Escaping Shot
Inevitable Shot
Spirit's Rebuke (When enemy misses J. with melee attack, deal 1d8+7 and push 1)
USED Use Action Point

Daily Resources
USED Nature Sense
USED Swarming Bats
USED Ensnaring Shot
Shared Suffering Armor power
Sacrificial Tratnyr power
[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Dante moves after the beast, harrying it as it tries to escape. He manages to land one glancing blow, but the rest glance off its hard hide.

[sblock=Actions]Move: Invigorating Stride: Dante shifts 3 closer to the dragon, gaining +1 AC/Ref TenT and Second Winds, gaining 15 hp to 22hp and +2 defenses TsnT.
Minor: Ruffling Sting: 1d20+15+2(CA)=21 AC vs Dragon, miss.
Standard: Twin Strike:
*Attack 1: 1d20+15+2(CA)=28 AC vs Dragon, hit, 2d4+6+2(bloodied)+1(CA)+2(Quarry)=17 damage.
*Attack 2: 1d20+15+2(CA)=21 AC vs Dragon, miss.

Status Effects: +1 AC/Ref, +2 Defenses

[sblock=Statblocks]Dante, Male Human Ranger 8
Passive Perception:22(24), Passive Insight:17
AC:23, Fort:23, Reflex:22, Will:20 -- Speed:6
HP:22/57, Bloodied:28, Surge Value:15, Surges left:0/6
Initiative +7, Action Points:0
Powers: Twin Strike, Throw and Stab, Off-Hand Strike, Disruptive Strike, Ruffling Sting, Heroic Effort, Invigorating Stride, Second Wind, Boots of the Fencing Master, Jaws of the Wolf, Snarling Wolf Stance, Healing Lore, Amulet of Resolution, Vanous' Combined Awareness

MBA: +15 vs. AC, 2d4+11 damage (Crit 2d6+19)

[sblock=Notes]*Dante makes an OA on any enemy that makes a melee attack on Virgil as long as the enemy is within reach 2 of Dante or Virgil is adjacent to Dante.
*Dante deals +1 damage when he has CA.
*Dante deals +2 damage to bloodied enemies.
*Dante gains +1 AC/Ref whenever he shifts.
*Dante can draw his spiked chain as part of an attack made with it.
*The first enemy to hit Dante takes 5 ongoing damage(save ends).
*Dante does +1 damage on his first attack of an encounter.[/sblock]

Virgil, Beast Companion(Lizard) 8
Passive Perception:14, Passive Insight:14
AC:23, Fort:20, Reflex:20, Will:18 -- Speed:6
HP:11/78, Bloodied:39, Surge Value:18(23), Surges left:1/2
MBA: +12(+14 if OA) vs. AC, 1d8+4 damage.

Note: Virgil's OA uses Dante's Immediate Reaction.[/sblock][/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
As the dragon takes flight, Mab bursts from cover. "So you must be a greeble after all!," she jeers. "No dragon would show such cowardice. But dragon or greeble, you'll steal no more gold and figgy pudding, and you're not going anywhere until you've learned your lesson!"

Mab lets her blade fly, injuring the creature badly, but not quite enough to bring it down. Then, fully expecting retribution, she quickly puts her back to the wall, out of the dragon's line of sight.

[sblock=Actions/Stat block]Start=

Standard= :ranged:Fleeting Spirit Strike vs. Vlassick, shifting to = 26 vs. AC, use Heroic Effort for an additional +4 to hit for 24 damage
Effect= Mab shifts to K15
Move= to O15
Effect= Hide from Vlassick = Stealth (1d20+19=39)

Minor
=

End=

[sblock=statblock]Auntie Mab - Human Rogue 7
PC:Auntie Mab (pacdidj) - L4W Wiki
Conditions: invisible to dragon
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 19, Init: +7
AC: 21, Fort: 18, Reflex: 22, Will: 19 Speed: 6
HP: 53/56, Bloodied: 28, Surge Value: 14, Surges left: 5/8
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used, Milestones: 1
:bmelee:Basic Atk: Distance Dagger +9 vs AC, 1d4+1 dmg
:branged:Ranged Basic Atk: Throw Distance Dagger +14 vs AC, 1d4+6 dmg, Range 10/20
Powers-
Gloaming Cut, Sly Flourish, Fast Hands, Chameleon
Heroic Effort, Eyebite, King's Castle, Fleeting Spirit Strike, Snap Shot
Blinding Barrage, Bloodbath
Prison of Salzacas, Steadfast Amulet, Cannith Goggles
Combat notes: +1 to all defenses vs. traps, 1/round 2d8 sneak attack damage with CA, +1 damage against targets Mab has CA against on light blade weapon attacks, scores critical hits against demons on a roll of 19-20

Tristram - Rat Familiar
HP:
1/1; AC: 21, Fort: 17, Ref: 21, Will: 18
Skills:
+18 Thievery (+20 vs. Locks, +21 vs. Traps), +24 Stealth

Remove ads