[Adventure] Dungeons and Them (DM:johnmeier1, judge:????)

pacdidj

First Post
Huh?...Oh...This is for proof that we found the culprit that was causing all of the problems and then eliminated it...hmmmm...I think I'll take it to the tavern to mount next to the others. There's a blue and a black one there already. I've not seen a red one.

"Yes, though I'm not sure it will make the loveliest decoration dearie," Mab says to Max, eying the partially mutilated trophy, "but good riddance to it nonetheless, the cowardly brute. We may also want to put a word in with Sir Lee about that Rana fellow, as he seems to have been up to no good. But first things first!," she declares, gazing eagerly at the pile of treasure.

After sorting through the pile, she pulls out one of the fabric runes and exclaims, "Oh, I know what this is. My poor neffy used to get these at the Daunton Faire every year before he took sick. Why it's a fake tattoo! What do you think Tristram," she says showing the rune to her familiar, "you think Auntie would look good with a tattoo, pumpkin?"

*Skreep!*

"Well, I disagree. I think I'd look rather dashing. Let's just see how it would look on my shoulder here, I'll just press this on and... Ouch!" There is a sudden acrid smell, and a puff of smoke as the fabric disintegrates, leaving the rune etched into Mab's skin.

"Oooh, it's not a fake tattoo, but a magic tattoo! See Tristram, it does look striking. It'll strike fear into the hearts of my enemies, is what. For who dares trifle with Auntie Mab: tattooed fey-enchantress, slayer of demons and dragons?!," Mab pontificates, looking decidedly proud of her self as Tristram gives a beleaguered sigh.

"Oh and there's another one here too! Why I bet it would look great on Sir Draglin. Try it on dearie."

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: Thanks for the xp/treasure! :)

Draglin takes the tattoo from Mab and places it on his back. Soon it starts to melt and the smell of burning dragonborn wafts through the air.

Arrrrg! It burns! he cries. Max! Get the first aid kit quick! I shall need some salve to sooth this wound! he shouts.

After the pain dies down and he finally composes himself he speaks again. Now we must take the proof of the questing is done to the lord and find yon...yon..human person and beatest him to a pulp for his betrayal. he says.

johnmeier1

Explorer
OOC: And now I see the importance of them; wound up with something for one of the only two magic item slots (neck & hands) Devinihm's already using, lol. :p

OOC: Hm, saw Claw Gloves, missed BotB. How attached is Devinihm to it? I am open to swapping loot. I realize how lame selling at 1/5 is

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Dante walks over to the dragon and pulls his kama free as Virgil meanders up and pulls of a big strip of wing, plops down on a pile of gold and begins munching.

"So that was a dragon," is all he says before examining the cloak Virgil is laying on. After putting his foot on the devil lizard to pull the cloth free, he nods and puts it on, immediately fading slightly into the background.

johnmeier1

Explorer
OOC: Almost everyone has checked in for their treasure, then you can go back up the way you came (or the other passageway in the creamatorium) Don't forget to check for traps ;)

[sblock=jkason]Now it is some nice speed bumping boots[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, wilden druid

OOC: Hm, saw Claw Gloves, missed BotB. How attached is Devinihm to it? I am open to swapping loot. I realize how lame selling at 1/5 is

[sblock=jkason]Now it is some nice speed bumping boots[/sblock]

OOC: Sorry 'bout not checking back in sooner. Devinihm used his badge twice during this adventure, I think, so I think it's probably a good choice for him. Thanks much for the swap. More mobility is excellent! :)

The thorn wall withers and crumbles shortly after the dragon's death, and Devinihm watches as the others find themselves drawn to various items in the creature's treasure horde. He himself picks up a pair of boots and smiles.

"We do not wear the foot coverings in the mangroves, but I am not there any longer, and it does seem the world beyond has many more dangers for the soft underside of a foot, yes?" He frowns at the fit for a moment, until Auntie Mab points out that he has them on the wrong feet. After switching them, he cocks his head to one side and nods.

"Yes. I think I might have to tread less carefully now."

OOC: Since I think we're almost all spent or near-spent on surges and daily powers, probably best to go back the way we came rather than take the other tunnel, but Devinihm will follow the others if they choose to finish off the exploring

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
"Come, Virgil, there is nothing left to hunt here," Dante says and walking towards the exit. Given his injuries, he is careful to retrace his steps as exactly as possible to avoid any traps. He glances around for any other traps and/or treasure, but his focus on keeping alive means he isn't much help.

[sblock=Perception 16]1d20+14=16, looking for traps from a distance.[/sblock]

OOC: Probably not a great idea to get in another fight. Dante and Virgil are out of surges and bloodied still.

Oh, I'll spend Virgil's surge to heal him to 34hp.

I'm assuming we should wait to level our characters until we get an extended rest and/or the rest of our xps?

[sblock=Statblocks]Dante, Male Human Ranger 8
Passive Perception:22(24), Passive Insight:17
AC:23, Fort:24, Reflex:23, Will:21 -- Speed:6
HP:22/57, Bloodied:28, Surge Value:15, Surges left:0/6
Initiative +7, Action Points:0
Powers: Twin Strike, Throw and Stab, Off-Hand Strike, Disruptive Strike, Ruffling Sting, Heroic Effort, Invigorating Stride, Second Wind, Jaws of the Wolf, Snarling Wolf Stance, Healing Lore
Items: Boots of the Fencing Master, Ruby Scabbard, Vanous' Combined Awareness

MBA: +15 vs. AC, 2d4+11 damage (Crit 2d6+19)

[sblock=Notes]*Dante makes an OA on any enemy that makes a melee attack on Virgil as long as the enemy is within reach 2 of Dante or Virgil is adjacent to Dante.
*Enemies further than 5 squares away suffer a -2 penalty to hit Dante with ranged attacks.
*Dante gains +1 AC/Ref whenever he shifts.
*Dante deals +1 damage when he has CA.
*Dante deals +2 damage to bloodied enemies.
*Dante can draw his spiked chain as part of an attack made with it.
*The first enemy to hit Dante takes 5 ongoing damage(save ends).[/sblock]

Virgil, Beast Companion(Lizard) 8
Passive Perception:14, Passive Insight:14
AC:23, Fort:20, Reflex:20, Will:18 -- Speed:6
HP:34/78, Bloodied:39, Surge Value:18(23), Surges left:0/2
MBA: +12(+14 if OA) vs. AC, 1d8+4 damage.

Note: Virgil's OA uses Dante's Immediate Reaction.[/sblock]

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
Nothing seems hazardous on the identical path back for those who are careful.

OOC: Everyone just give me one Perception check to pass safely. Iron Sky no extended rest yet, but the adventure is nigh over. Quest to complete.

dimsdale

First Post
Max looks quite strange with a head of a red dragon strapped to his back. The shear mass of the object makes it hard for the warlord to walk steady. But his strength and vigor, as well as his determination to bring back to the tavern a new trophy helps him to complete his task.

ooc: perception check: 1d20+7=17

Remove ads