[Adventure] Dungeons and Them (DM:johnmeier1, judge:????)

johnmeier1

Explorer
"Mmm. Mold," comes the buzzing voice from the swarm as it clusters over a point of scent. "Are there caves or an underground river nearby?" he asks as he tries to better place the scent.

The Earl nods. There are underground caves throughout the foothills and also up in the mountains. There are at least two nearby, though their entrances are not near the keep. You think our harriers are hiding in one of them?

[sblock=jkason] No particular information about the type of natural scent, just an "underground" feel to it.[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
"Oooh, I just knew it dearies!," Auntie Mab boasts confidently. "Greebles it is. Why, everyone knows they live down in underground caves where it's damp and moldy. That's why they come steal things up on the surface. You see, all they have to eat down there is mushrooms, moss, and the odd bit of slime. But, they do love figgy pudding ever so much. It just doesn't rise properly at subterranean elevations, though. That's probably why they sacked your larder Sir Lee: to slake their thirst for sweets!"

"We'll probably have to go investigate these caves, dearie," she says to the Earl. "But it would help to have a map... or better yet a guide. Does anyone in your house ever have occasion to visit the caves? Maybe that poor nervous Rana fellow? We certainly could use the benefit of local expertise," Auntie Mab asks sweetly, listening intently to the Earl's reply.

Diplomacy, Insight (1d20+11=29, 1d20+9=14)

johnmeier1

Explorer
"We'll probably have to go investigate these caves, dearie," she says to the Earl. "But it would help to have a map... or better yet a guide. Does anyone in your house ever have occasion to visit the caves? Maybe that poor nervous Rana fellow? We certainly could use the benefit of local expertise," Auntie Mab asks sweetly, listening intently to the Earl's reply.

The Earl looks a bit confused at Auntie Mab's explanations, but he nods at her request. Let's go back downstairs, I am sure that Rana or Turner have had more experience or heard more over the years that I.

[sblock=pacdidj] You seem to think he trusts both of the elder servants/adviser thoroughly and perhaps is a bit inexperienced himself in exploring the surrounding area.[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Dante, seeing Virgil has caught a scent, follows the lizard to see where it might lead... only to have eat lead to a footlocker. Dante opens it and only his quick reactions keep Virgil from getting away with a very expensive-looking riding boot.

[sblock=Nature 15]Nature: 1d20+12=15[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
Cave exploring, my second favorite thing! Draglin says excitedly.

Gosh Mrs. Mab, you sure know a lot about these strange monsters. I've never even heard of most of them! Have you been adventuring for long?
Draglin asks.

pacdidj

First Post
"Oh, yes dearie. You see I know a certain eladrin lord called Luran of Vallenwood. He's, well... he's a special friend of mine dearie," Mab says to Draglin, blushing slightly as she follows the Earl back down the stairs. "Many a time has my Luran taken me on Arcadian excursions to visit the far-flung reaches of his fey domain. Why we've had countless wonderful adventures. It was Luran who taught me all I know about magic, dearie. That's why I'm known far and wide as a fey-touched seer! And that's why I know the names and habits of many a fell beast, and also of the fair and gentle faeriefolk."

[sblock=Insight 15]Mab is obviously lying. Yet there is clearly also a grain of truth embedded in this tall tale.[/sblock]

"Now, where is that Mr. Rana?," Auntie Mab asks, peering around as the group returns to the ground floor.

dimsdale

First Post
Dante, seeing Virgil has caught a scent, follows the lizard to see where it might lead... only to have eat lead to a footlocker. Dante opens it and only his quick reactions keep Virgil from getting away with a very expensive-looking riding boot.

Max chuckles Dante, not easy to keep Virgil away from the boots eh? The warlord takes equips his sword and shield again as the new of a possible cave makes him cautious. Noth'n good ever lives in caves.

johnmeier1

Explorer
Lee comes to the downstairs, only Rana is to be seen. When asked about Turner and Joy's whereabouts and caves he replies They are carrying in the supplies with Randall milord. I know little more of those dank caves than yourself

[sblock=Insight 22]Rana is lying about the caves, he knows more.[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
After herding Virgil out of the room with the footlocker and securing the door, Dante heads to join the others, listening quietly from the back of the room.

[sblock=Insight 17]Insight 1d20+7=17[/sblock]

Remove ads