[Adventure] Dungeons and Them (DM:johnmeier1, judge:????)

johnmeier1

Explorer
The Earl calms but seems morose. All that remained of my ancestor's fortunes. Specifically an ancient circlet, many gems and thousands of gold pieces from many generations. Not what it once was but it was all that remained.

OOC: Okay, good progress from everyone you are half way there.

Luinnar

First Post
Well they must have gone somewhere. Draglin says, sticking his head out the window to see if he can see any signs of escape.

You don't have any secret passages around here, do you? Draglin asks.

OOC: Passive perception = 15

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Dante listens from the background while looking around the room, searching for any clues as to where the perpetrator went next.

[sblock=Perception 25]Perception 1d20+12+2(Virgil)=25[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
The Earl calms but seems morose. All that remained of my ancestor's fortunes. Specifically an ancient circlet, many gems and thousands of gold pieces from many generations. Not what it once was but it was all that remained.

Can you be more specific about the circlet. What made it so special. Is it so important that someone might want to steal it?

OOC: Diplomacy: 1d20+8 = 10

johnmeier1

Explorer
The Earl looks to Max in confusion. It was very valuable in terms of it's construction, with gold and gemstones. It had not magical abilities if that's what you mean. My ancestors never practiced magic, though many have had advisers such as I have Rana. He originally worked for my grandfather.

There seems to be only one other door in this hallway, accross from the Earl's room. Then there is another hallway extending towards the other side of the top floor of the keep. No stairs go higher and there doesn't seem to be access to the roof. (Max would know!)

[sblock=Iron Sky] Virgil is starting to pick up a scent. If only because it is a lizardlike smell. It is tainted by wet mold, perhaps an underground cave or river[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=nerdytenor] You could ask the Earl or another household member if there are any other ways into or out of the Keep besides the ones you have seen.[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
"Are there any other ways in or out?" Jonathan asks the Earl gruffly.

The Earl looks at Jonathan and pauses. He thinks for a minute. Do you mean my room or the keep as a whole? There are only two doorways into the keep, the large front door we entered by and the small back kitchen door. What do you think happened? He turns to the group.

[sblock=jkason] Devinihm's swarm notices something he didn't, some scent. It is like an animal tainted by wet mold, perhaps an underground cave or river dweller[/sblock]

Remove ads