[Adventure] KOGANÙSAN (DM: Sanzuo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Llama_Bill

First Post
Kavac takes the lead again and heads of in what he thinks is the direction of the Valley of Ashes. He cuts a path through the forest even faster than yesterday, the forest seems to be having less effect on the goliath than some of the others. After an hour or so Kavac points out that someone should be looking out for the giant lizards that mark their progress to the valley.
[sblock]
Athletics: 1d20+10=30
Just so you know I'm now not going to hit at all in combat.
[/sblock]

Sanzuo

First Post
[sblock=Skill Challenge]Well, Firete's departure means that the skill challenge just got easier. Unfortunately her success no longer counts. Here's how you're doing:

Round 1: 3 successes
Round 2: 2 successes

Not bad... you probably won't fail completely![/sblock]
After another long afternoon pushing your way through the jungle, you suddenly come upon a slight change in scenery.

There is a small clearing in the brush ahead, a welcome relief from the claustrophobic journey you've had so far. There is what appears to be a clear, refreshing pool of water near the center of the clearing. You also see some kind of large, colorful monkey drinking from the pool. It looks up at you as you all stumble wearily from the brush.

mandrill.jpg

“Ook?”​

[sblock=Nature DC 17]The Mandrill is a primate of the Old-world monkeys family, closely related to the baboons and even more closely to the Drill. Both the Mandrill and the Drill were once classified as baboons in genus Papio, but recent research has determined that they should be separated into their own genus, Mandrillus. The Mandrill is the world's largest species of monkey.

Mandrills are social animals and live in large groups, primarily including females and young and led by a single dominant male. Most adult males are solitary. It is difficult to accurately estimate group size in the forest, but observing a group crossing a gap between two forest patches or crossing a road is a reliable way of estimating group size.

The Mandrill is an omnivore and acquires its food by foraging (mainly plants, insects and smaller animals) from the ground as it is terrestrial. Although the Mandrill does not normally hunt larger prey, males have been observed to hunt and consume duiker (a small antelope).[/sblock]
[sblock=Map]
battle01map01.png
[/sblock]
[sblock=Terrain]The trees are difficult terrain, (edit)but also light concealment. The squares containing water are also difficult terrain. Also the 2x2 area in the center of the pool is deep enough to require swimming.[/sblock]
[sblock=Party Status]Brenwar: Fine
Shrakk: Fine
Karma: -1 Healing Surge, -2 on attack rolls and skill checks
Kavak: Fine
Shale: -1 Healing Surge, -2 on attack rolls and skill checks[/sblock]
[sblock=Notes]I've just arbitrarily picked out portraits for everyone and updated the OP. If you want a particular portrait for your token, just post it and I'll use it from now on.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
"Beware. That creature's facial warpaint indicates hostile disposition" says Shale, who evidently thinks the monkey must be a humanoid.

"I'll be able to communicate with him telepathically even if I don't understand his language, but that'd require me to be fairly close"

Last edited:

Llama_Bill

First Post
Not wanting to kill an animal needlessly Kavac starts to walk slowly towards the water so not to scare the monkey into attacking. He is going to fill his waterskin as the sweat dripping from every part of his body is a clear sign water will be important.

Remove ads