Adventure - Long Live the Queen (group 1) [Boddynock judging]

B4cchus

Explorer
Jallembo Leads the party deepeer into the mine. Just beyond the spot where the ant was slain, there is a crossroad of tunnels. Both left and right you see a tunnel of about 30 feet long, both ending in another tunnel.
Jallembo ignores the crossroad and leads on. About 40 feet after the crossroad the tunne and is a slightly bigger one. This tunnel has abou the same size as the tunnel through you entered the mine. The metal tracks are also running through the tunnel.
Both left and right you see other smaller tunnels ending in this larger tunnel. Those tunnels run parallel to the tunnel through which you just walked.

Left or right?

Amaury

First Post
"Hum, we may have reached the original entrance tunnel.. it could have curved to the left. LEt's go back to the tunnel where we heard the ant.. and continue in this one instead of getting lost.." Jallembo proposes.

OOC: a map would be nice. :)
i'm talking of the left hand tunnel we took from the entrance tunnel. the one where we heard the ant noise. so go back there, and continue walking straight where we didn't go...

Ximix

First Post
OOC: Jallembo we are all right behind you, since you have been leading well and nobody else is stepping up to make suggestions, You have the Helm =-)

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: since my own computer is still not runnign and has all my ftp account settings and such i can't really post an image on the net anywhere.
Therefore we'll have to make do with my creative outburst in ascii art..
Code:
|| and = : tunnel with tracks
| and -  : tunnel
E        : entrance
a        : ant corspe      
P       : your current position  

====P====       
              |  |  |        
                 |           
                 |           
                 |           
              |--|--|  |     
                 |  |  |   ||
                 a  |  |   ||
              |  |  |  |   ||
             --------------||
                           ||
                           ||
                           ||
                           EE

Ximix

First Post
"Keep bearing left?" The suggestion sounds more a question than anything, though at least the Elf is trying.

OOC: Are Jallembo and I the only two that haven't gone back to town? *smiles* I'm just being impatient, the sounds of revelry from the Big Adventure are tickling my Elvish ears.

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Either way is fine with me." Saithnar voices his thoughts so the others may hear.

"I just wanna squish some more bugs." Quint offers simplistically.

OOC: I'm still here as well. I guess the thoughts of the party goers haven't reached Saithnar yet... ;) Any chance we can miraculously run into a decent group of ants and then discover and kill the queen? :heh:

thegreyman

First Post
"Left seems fine to me. Let us proceed until we find some more ants to destroy! Grendath wills this!" Dorrin decrees.

ooc: Hey hey hey, I'm still here and looking to waste ants. Haven't any of you heard the term "fashionably late" for parties? Why show up at the beginning and be so... ordinary? :uhoh: :p

B4cchus

Explorer
The party advances and uncovers a new tunnel on your left hand and a bend in the tunel ahead. A quick peek beyond the bend reveals that the tunnel bends again after about fourty feet.

Code:
|| and = : tunnel with tracks
| and -  : tunnel
E        : entrance
a        : ant corspe      
P        : your current position  

==P=======       
           /  |  |  |  |        
          /   |     |           
         /    |     |           
        /     |     |           
    ----      |  |--|--|  |     
                 |  |  |   ||
                 a  |  |   ||
              |  |  |  |   ||
             --------------||
                           ||
                           ||
                           ||
                           EE

Last edited:

Amaury

First Post
Jallembo will stop at the bend and check the wall. His hands search for unsual or uneven surfaces that may reveal a trap or a hidden door.

If he finds nothing, he will continue with Quint in that corridor, slightly ahead of the rest of the group.

OOC: search +7

B4cchus

Explorer
Jallembo meticously searches the tunnel wall for any hint of a hidden passage or trap. He finds nothing strange or out of the ordinary.
He does, however, while he carefully studies the walls and floors, hear a vague sound coming from further down the corridor. He cannor discern exactly what it is but it sound like a mishmash of several sounds echoing from further in the mine. It could be voices, it could be the clattering of steel against steel or it could be something else completely.

Remove ads