D&D 5E [D&D 5E] Securing the Alliance: An Adventure in Tethyr (FULL)

Forged Fury

First Post
Going with the kit guidelines listed in this thread, having a magic item at character creation is valued at 500gp, so that's a bit out of your reach. Potions of Healing are the exception and are priced according to the PHB at 50gp. I would have also figured something out for purchasing additional spells, but we didn't end up having any prepared casters.

I'll do four potions, then. Thx. What to do with the leftover 11 gp, 4 sp, and 8 cp from her 500 gp? Keep it? Or is she broke? FYI, I'm totally ok either way.

Forged Fury

First Post
You can keep it. Since you started the game penniless, we'll just say that Brue acquired most of her gear from a combination of the gratitude of the people of Mosstone and whatever the Kirgard garrison had available to donate.

Forged Fury

First Post
[MENTION=6800672]Egon[/MENTION] I had a look through the DMG and PHB about tool proficiency and ability checks. They have a few examples of different ability scores used with the same tool proficiency, so I think it's going to depend on the activity in question. Making batches of healing potions in a shop? I'd accept Intelligence of Wisdom. But yeah, definitely case by case.

Egon

First Post
That's what I figured. I was more curious about having multiple proficiencies and how they might stack. Herbalism could craft anti toxins, while Poisoner crafts the actual toxins. So I was just wondering if you'd get cross proficiency bonuses for having both under the right circumstances.

Forged Fury

First Post
As an additional nudge to the crew, I currently have Brue and Lorenzo having known each other previously based on Brue's backstory. Assuming that is cool with [MENTION=8858]hafrogman[/MENTION], that's one connection.

Anyone else want to know one of the other members previously? If we can get that squared away, we can probably get started.
[MENTION=6801323]Marcelus14[/MENTION]: Can you add the short story from the Recruitment thread to your character sheet for a background section?

hafrogman

Adventurer
As an additional nudge to the crew, I currently have Brue and Lorenzo having known each other previously based on Brue's backstory. Assuming that is cool with [MENTION=8858]hafrogman[/MENTION], that's one connection.
Fine with me, I'll just need to clarify the time frame with her at some point.
Anyone else want to know one of the other members previously? If we can get that squared away, we can probably get started.
From what you posted in the other thread, there's a lot of independent units/cells in the Stars, so I'll probably stick with only having met her.

Remove ads