D&D 5E [D&D 5E] Securing the Alliance: An Adventure in Tethyr (FULL)

Forged Fury

First Post
A question: how many crossbow bolts can Corilo reasonably carry? A standard quiver carries 20, but would it be out line to carry a few more spare quivers in the backpack?
It depends on what else is in the backpack, but you could definitely squeeze a few more cases in if you want.

Forged Fury

First Post
[MENTION=11146]CanadienneBacon[/MENTION] @hafrogman @Egon @Marcelus14 @Olrox17

I'm going to go ahead and open up an OOC thread for the game. If you've got character build questions, please continue to post them here. Once you are satisfied with your character sheet, please post that you're ready to go in the OOC thread.

Thanks!

Forged Fury

First Post
[MENTION=6801397]Olrox17[/MENTION]

I searched google images for Crossbow Ranger, hoping for light armor. Found a few like this guy:

urbanrangerwithgladius.jpg

Egon

First Post
Depends how much money you're talking about, but proficiency in a herbalism kit if you're one of those gnomes with a predilection for alchemy. Brew your own healing potions.

Unfortunately, Medicine is based on WIS. And my WIS is currently a 10. So even with proficiency, I'd get no additional bonus when using the kit to brew healing potions. Unless, of course, the GM uses some other stat such as INT for use of tools?

Either way, I am purchasing the proficiency in the Herbalism Kit specifically for this purpose. This leaves me with 250 gold, which now begs the following question:

Does the Herbalism Kit include anything to do with the Brewing Supplies or Poisoner's Kit? If not, is there an added bonus for having one of these other two with the Herbalism Kit?

Forged Fury

First Post
I'll have to check the DMG when I get home on that one. Reading through the information in the Basic Rules set, they're pretty mute on designating which ability checks apply to which tool sets.

At first glance, I think a case could be made for an INT check, but I might restrict the use based on the situation. For instance, an Intelligence (Herbalism Kit) check might be restricted to crafting remedies when the raw materials can be readily obtained from a local vendor. From that point, you're merely following a formula. Wisdom (Herbalism Kit) could be used in the wilds, as part of the challenge is knowing where to look for the raw materials, which seems similar to Survival, generally a Wisdom check.

I'll think about it and let you know.

As far as the Herbalism/Brewer's/Poisoner's kit, they are used to make different items. I don't think I'll allow cross uses. So Herbalism does medicines (potion of healng, antitoxin, etc), Brewer's does beer and alcohol, and Posioner's creates poisons.

Last edited:

[MENTION=95059]Forged Fury[/MENTION], Brue has 211 gp remaining after kitting herself out. I'd like to spend it on something meaningful. My thoughts ran to a greatsword that dealt magic damage of some species, or healing potions. The DMG lists a "Weapon +1" as "uncommon," and the Magic Item Rarity table on DMG 135 suggests such an item be valued at 101-500 gp. I highly doubt Brue can get a blade with magical quality for 211 gp, but as that's my first choice, I'm going to ask. Can she? If not, how many potions of healing (DMG 188) will you permit her to purchase? Will they be 50 gp each? I'm eyeing the potions of healing that heal 2d4+2 hp.

I'm not entirely sure this info isn't actually in the stupid DMG somewhere else, but I've skimmed twice and can't find it, and after a vexing day at work and an evening of chauffeuring children, I'm ready to cash it in.

Remove ads