D&D 5E [D&D 5E] Securing the Alliance: An Adventure in Tethyr (FULL)

Egon

First Post
Anyone else want to know one of the other members previously? If we can get that squared away, we can probably get started.

I'm happy with Boddynock having just met everyone else like a few days before the opening scene here. It's not that I don't want to know anyone, but rather that he's just new to this whole Stars thing.

Forged Fury

First Post
OK, unless I hear something different from [MENTION=6801323]Marcelus14[/MENTION] or [MENTION=6801397]Olrox17[/MENTION], I'll assume that you're all pretty new to each other, with Lorenzo having already known Brue. I assume they would have probably served together during the Reclamation War. It started in 1367 and ended in 1369. The current year in game is 1378.

I planned on playing this as friendly with everyone, no particular bond. Working on them, though. These guys are "like brothers and sisters he never had, because the ones he does have are very different people."

Brue was raised in 1369 1376. Semi-recently. She and Lorenzo had trained or fought together (1369?) previously to her being raised, but never hung out. Essentially, they've seen one another twice, once to train and once when Brue was raised.

[MENTION=8858]hafrogman[/MENTION]

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Brue was raised in 1369 1376. Semi-recently. She and Lorenzo had trained or fought together (1369?) previously to her being raised, but never hung out. Essentially, they've seen one another twice, once to train and once when Brue was raised.
Alright, so Brue is in her late twenties (assuming 18 minimum when she was fighting in the war) or was she a child soldier? (I also realize I know nothing of Genasi aging).

When they knew each other before, Lorenzo was just a run-of-the-mill soldier, nothing notable. The intervening years saw him becoming a mercenary, traveling to Maztica, nearly dying himself and becoming a cleric. So the Lorenzo you met two years ago was a different beast. Probably one of his first duties as a star was watching over you.

Forged Fury

First Post
I figure minimum age for being admitted into most armies in the Realms is probably around 15. I think the bar is a bit lower for "child soldier" status when you live in a world with roving bands of orcs and stuff. That would allow anyone who wanted to be a veteran of the war (Lorenzo & possibly Brue) to be a minimum of 24-25 or so. Corilo is 21, but in his case, he actually was a child soldier, forcefully conscripted by one of the "bad guys" in the Reclamation War.

Genasi age and reach maturity at the same rate as humans, although they live a little longer (120 or so).

Last edited:

I'm going to riff off of Corilo's background and run with Brue was a child soldier. So that pegs Brue at 25 as of today. I'd been playing her and thinking of her as younger rather than older, so 25 makes sense to me, given the old IC. Did I read somewhere that Lorenzo is 30?

Forged Fury

First Post
I wouldn't call her a child soldier necessarily. As I mentioned, 15-16 is probably minimum age requirement to join an army in the Realms given the realities they face compared to our world. Corilo was like... 10-12 when he was fighting in the Reclamation War, probably one of the reasons he was a crossbowman rather than a melee combatant. He's definitely a child soldier.

It doesn't really matter, but just setting up the narrative for everyone's ages works.

Olrox17

Hero
@CanadienneBacon If Brue was in the war as a child as well, then we might have a very good reason to know each other. Perhaps we might have even met as enemies back then, considering I was on the villain's army. Just throwing an idea out there :)

EDIT: also in the process of reading the IC right now

Remove ads