Adventure - Long Live the Queen (group 1) [Boddynock judging]

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: Amaury, you heared the sound coming from the third tunnel (not counting the main tunnel). You are going down the fourth tunnel?

Ximix

First Post
Ximix tightens his grip on his shield, raises the torch high to provide best light and prepares to invoke a prayer at need... and waits.

Amaury

First Post
OOC: going towards the sound. fire q few arrows then retreat back to the crossing where the party shall wait and welcome my chasers... hopefully. move silently obviously.

B4cchus

Explorer
Quint and Jallembo enter the third tunnel as the rest of the party stands by to cover thier retreat.
As they slowly advance in the tunnel the clicking sound gets louder. After 40 feet they come at a crossing. The sound seems to come from the tunnel straight ahead so they advance in that direction. The tunnles left and right from the crossing are about 30 feet long after which the both lead to another crossing.

About ten feet beyond the crossing they see a vague shape at the edge of the light of thier torch. It suddenly freezes and....

Roll initiative!

ooc: Folks, since my HD blew its MBR and i am about to depart on a short holiday, don't expect any posts during the next week. I'll do my best to keep posting between now and monday but i am rather busy trying to fix my computer and preparing for my holiday...

ooc: I take it that anybody with a ranged weapon will have it locked and loaded to welcome any incoming ant witha hail of projectiles.

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Saithnar's Init (1d20+1=11) and Quint's Init (1d20+4=6).

If Quint can fire an arrow in surprise round or whenever before the strategic retreat, here is his attack and damage (1d20+5=23, 1d6=4)

Saithnar prepares by activating his Inertial Armor power, thus raising his AC to 15. Here is a list of his current available powers:
Psion/Telepath Powers known: (5)
1st: Charm(psionic), Energy Ray, Inertial Armor, Mindlink, Mind Thrust
Power Points per day: 11PP (2 from race, +6 from class, +3 Int), Current PP: 10/11
Saving Throw DC: 13 + the power's level

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: ok folks, i'm back! Let's get this show on the road again and a few gears faster since RA's mega adventure is on the brink of unleashing hell upon LEW. I hope to get this done somewhat quicker than planned in order to get you all somewhat back at the RDI to tag along.

Quint and jallembo advanced down the tunnel to look for an ant in the darkness.
The rest is standing by to engae once the two reurn with an ant on thier tail.
After the two scouts have advanced about 20 feet into the tunnel the spot the source of the sound: an ant indeed!
Jalembo immediately fires an arrow at the giant insect the strikes true! His arrow hits the ant in it's flank. Jallembo then retreats to the rest of the party to await the ant's persuit.
Then the ant advances to where Jallembo was and Quint still is. It attempts to bite Quint but fails to hit him,
Dorrin sees the ant advance to Quint and advances to strike it with his sword... and hts! His sword strikes the ant in a vital spot it it's neck. The giant insect drops to the ground... dead.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Quint looks for any other target to shoot with his bow. "Thanks for the help, Dorrin." the halfling says. "We got one dead here guys! C'mon forward and lets see if we can kill some more!"

Hearing this, Saithnar moves forward (hopefully with the rest of the group) to see the first ant and how big it is. Using his chalk, he draws a large 'X' on the wall and marks a number 1 beside it to show where their first kill was.

Remove ads